the BIG 9th edition room

how do you guys model your incursors and whatever else in phobos? i find it hard to imagine them as templars, their aesthetic is just too different

DByjRMml.jpg?1

If you don't call attention to the "tacticool" kit, they don't really look out of place. Giving them some more medieval weapons helps. I went with poleaxes, but swords/short swords (even dual swords) would be an easy-to-believe stand-in for paired knives.

med_gallery_100735_13648_147182.jpg

These are my Phobos marines, (I have a couple of squads now) I prefer the look of infiltrators over Incursors, but usually play these as the latter.

I also bought Phobos moulded pads for them from The Emperor's Fist Bits on Etsy. Definitely recommend his stuff.

I reasoned that the initiates will often swap from their primary tacticus armour, which would be more traditionally decorated, into their Phobos armour for more covert work. So it wouldn't be as ornate. I so reasoned that full tabards wouldn't be the most practical garment for such work, and it also gave me an opportunity to use all of those small tabards I had. (An FLGS infrequent has a bits box people donate spares to, and I often raid it for tabards, parchments and purity seals, apparently other people eschew these items to avoid painting them?!? Heretics.)

Edited by Brother Adelard

how do you guys model your incursors and whatever else in phobos? i find it hard to imagine them as templars, their aesthetic is just too different

I've been using MkIII Iron Armour heads and studded shoulder pads to make them look less smooth.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8drFSGHe_E/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8f_dOrHHIH/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qAYBCHmgh/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDLSs-KH_v9/

If we only get one Primaris character, then from a rules perspective, Helbrecht is the one I'd most want. He's a great leader for the army, yet transport restrictions are a big issue for him because you can't easily get his auras up the field. You also can't Transhuman non-Primaris characters anymore, so getting that back for him would be nice.

I think everyone wants a Primaris EC too, because of course we do - but the old EC model is still one of the best models in the SM range, so I don't really mind keeping him a while longer, haha.

I'm worried that in my no-primaris force, I will no longer be able to run Helbrecht. If all of our characters end up going through the Rubicon, and they legends all the previous versions as they did with the others, it feels like GWS is forcing primaris on us, and I don't like that.

I'm happy for everyone else who doesn't have this issue though. I know I am the minority.

Helbrecth is my favourite char, so I'm over the moon.

Gonna be a long wait tho.

Keep safe brothers, GW now sells BT face masks.

I'm worried that in my no-primaris force, I will no longer be able to run Helbrecht. If all of our characters end up going through the Rubicon, and they legends all the previous versions as they did with the others, it feels like GWS is forcing primaris on us, and I don't like that.

I'm happy for everyone else who doesn't have this issue though. I know I am the minority.

It's a fair concern. But unfortunately, our army needs to move with the times.

My advice to you, dont see this as an ending, but as a start.

Edited by Sete

It's a fair concern. But unfortunately, our army needs to move with the times.

My advice to you, dont see this as an ending, but as a start.

Well, I feel no need to stress too much about it until it actually happens. My cousin points out that having the old mini in metal is "veteran swag" haha! If anything, it gives me a reason a convert a new firstborn High Marshal that isn't Helbrecht.

emperors champ is still in my top 5 models.

I would love to see a new one.

what would he even be in?

Heavy INT armor with a 5++

a great sword variant of his black blade? absolver pistol

+ 1 atk on the charge

I felt the same way for the longest time. In fact, I still don't own any Primaris. The new cluster of sword and shield units almost convinced me, but just about everything else that wasn't on a bike soured me on this latest wave. Holding onto grudges and feeling strongly about things is a very BT way to be, but I think I'm 1 faithful model and solid supplement away from taking the plunge.

Maybe 2021 will be our year. Hard to say.

I bought a command starter (mostly for the terrain and the rulebook) so I do actually own a small amount of primaris. However, as far as I'm concerned they are going to sit there for a very long time not getting any paint. I still have a lot of firstborn stuff I want to buy before I even think about expanding into primaris.

Man if the rumors ARE true then I think Im done buying Primaris until next year, I dont want to have a full army that doesnt have a new upgrade kit and then have the kit released. Guess its back to Custodes and IG for me, maybe I'll just pretty up my Firstborn and play with them once this pandemic stops.