the BIG 9th edition room

What do we think about a huge ass crusader squad, buffed with the 5+ FnP at beginning of the turn and the Aquillonian Shroud for 4++; Marines take the little pings and Initiates take the multi-damage shots.  Smoke grenades for the -1 to be shot.

That's a lot of defensive buffs that will make them insanely hard to chew through, and the opponent has to deal with that mob.

So have people been trying the Templars in 9th? How are you finding them? Having another look at the rules it seems there is some decent stuff to be exploited, if not lots of very nice auras to overlap!

i was on the way to play a tournamet with a list I can show you later ( I am not at home where I wrote down the list ) but now Nurgle holds me back

So have people been trying the Templars in 9th? How are you finding them?

I play at 1k or lower games most the time and run firstborn. Since the move to 2w I have been running basic jump pack assault squads again. Great for reaching your opponent as early as possible without sinking points into a drop pod. Same goes for bike squads now being a cool 3w.

Smaller table sizes have helped and the rerolling advances has made some of our stratagems more reliable (Emps will, devout push)

I find myself taking the champion more often as the HQ. Enemy characters need to die and auras aren't always needed on the pretty reliable SM statlines. Plus my units are usually chasing independent objectives. I find babysitting them with a character is a waste of talent when they could be purging

Edited by SirJyo

Well, I've had 6 games of 9th so far with my ever-growing Templars collection.

My favourite combo at the moment is a Primaris Biker Master of Sanctity (Warlord, Frontline Commander) with Skull relic, flanked by 2*3 Outriders. Between them, they've smashed up Hive Tyrants, huge blobs of Ork Boyz, Abaddon and Wraithblades. Plus lots of lols when Eldrad failed his psychic test and killed himself.

My favourite combo at the moment is a Primaris Biker Master of Sanctity (Warlord, Frontline Commander) with Skull relic, flanked by 2*3 Outriders. Between them, they've smashed up Hive Tyrants, huge blobs of Ork Boyz, Abaddon and Wraithblades. Plus lots of lols when Eldrad failed his psychic test and killed himself.

What Litanies are you taking? 

What Litanies are you taking? 

Remorseless Persecution and Vow of Retribution.

I think the standard re-roll hit rolls in close combat and now +1 to wound are where the money is at. Re-roll hit rolls is far more valuable than +1 attack unless you're already getting a re-roll aura from somewhere else, which is hard to come by these days. 

A cheap chaplain spitting out 5+++ FNP in the back field on core units is a really nice thing to have but I'm not sure if its worth it over taking a cheif apothecary now since that gives you a 6+++ with no need to roll for it. 

I think the standard re-roll hit rolls in close combat and now +1 to wound are where the money is at. Re-roll hit rolls is far more valuable than +1 attack unless you're already getting a re-roll aura from somewhere else, which is hard to come by these days. 

A cheap chaplain spitting out 5+++ FNP in the back field on core units is a really nice thing to have but I'm not sure if its worth it over taking a cheif apothecary now since that gives you a 6+++ with no need to roll for it. 

I've run my Chief Apothecary with the Warlord Trait alongside my Bladeguard/Ancient/Judiciar in an Impulsor. He is a brilliant points investment so far.

I run a chaplain up behind a 10man unit of tactical terminators, giving them the 5+ fnp is huge. Allows me to use their shooting from t1. Switching to reroll hits (and +1 attack if i fancy a MoS) once melee ensues helps those fists out a lot. It's just sweet :D

it depends... i have a list where the biggest part of the army is in the middle and I buff a vanguard veteran squad up as possible ( chapter master rerolls, +1 attack and fnp from mos, +1 to hit from the chapter ancient, crusader helmet -> Assault doctrine) and then advance and charge without HQ support.

Are you having any ATVs ?

Are you having any ATVs ?

Haven't got any of them yet, but I don't think they will do enough for the points. Happy to stand corrected, though!

I have stated elsewhere I want a pair of Librarians mounted on an ATV just for the coolio factor.

Did you just call Librarians cool in a BT thread?

You must be lost. The Grey Knights are That Way.