the BIG 9th edition room

As per usual, I have relented on my opposition to the ATV's. Now I need 2 of them!

When the latest Lockdown ends, my local group hope to have a pre-Christmas mini-tournament at 1000pts. Hopefully, several beers will be included.

My idea for this is an Battalion detachment as follows:

- Primaris Chaplain on bike (Master of Sanctity, Warlord, Frontline Commander, Remorseless/Vow, Skull of Cac)

- Phobos Lt

- 5 Infiltrators with Helix

- 2*5 Intercessors

- 2*3 Outriders

- 2 ATV with Melta

had 2 games against Necs. WOW - Our dreadknoughts are so extrem powerful with their 4++ and 5+++. Especially in smaller games. Melter are the reason why we dont see them in tournaments but I am sure that the meta will go in mass-armies and then the hour of the dreads will come.

Read the following blurb about the upcoming BA supplement and about Death Company intercessors on warhammer community:

"This kit includes five multipart Intercessors, plus a Blood Angels upgrade frame to add a bit of extra bling. As before, the Death Company can be kitted out with a variety of weapons, so grab a box of Assault Intercessors to mix and match for a thematic, diverse squad."

With that as a precedent, a Crusade intercessor squad should very well be within the realm of possibility in the future...

IF we get a new upgrade sprue i hope it's more than these five model kits we've seen so far. The bits are so few and far between. The BT upgrade sprues of old made you bleed money extra to bling your crusaders out, but they had loads of bits that, when spread out, could be used to templarify severals models, a dread and a rhino (chassis). I remain pessimisticially optimistic, hope for the best but prepare for the worst...

IF we do get an upgrade kit it certainly will be worse than our current one in terms of bits volume but personally I would trade off quantity for quality any day, currently the kit barely fits into old marines and only the pauldrons/arms/heads fit into Primaris, a new kit would mean ALL bits fit into Primaris and thats what I want, besides the old kit wont go anywhere as the other chapters still have their old marine upgrade sprues which granted are newer than ours but still.

Aurilian Shroud perhaps?

of course brother

IF we do get an upgrade kit it certainly will be worse than our current one in terms of bits volume but personally I would trade off quantity for quality any day, currently the kit barely fits into old marines and only the pauldrons/arms/heads fit into Primaris, a new kit would mean ALL bits fit into Primaris and thats what I want, besides the old kit wont go anywhere as the other chapters still have their old marine upgrade sprues which granted are newer than ours but still.

And my bitzbox is completely full of the old bitz^^

Edited by Medjugorje

So what are the odds that around May next year instead of a supplement release the Templar will get rules in War Zone Charadon Act 2?

Nay.

Edit: to add unless Im terribly mistaken rumour is we should be getting our own book.

Edited by Sete

hey all. i am back. so covid really messed up my attempt to primaris-upgrade my old army. quarantine made shipments arrive in weird times, i never found the new box in stores, and some weeks now the country closed down again.

combined with me moving away from my parents and priorities shifting, i was really discouraged...

in any case, since i won't give up, what do you guys think should be my priority purchases for this edition?

right now my staple units are 3 x multimelta attack bikes, 6 x aggressors, 10 x close combat terminators, and some tactical/crusader squads with vehicle support.

i've heard multimelta bikes are now good(!) if that is true,  they will go last.

close combat terminators are targets for litany of divine protection and grabbing the middle (saw one of Laeroth's videos)

so basicaly, troops(incursors/infiltrators/intercessors/assault intercessors) and vehicles(impulsors/repulsors/gladiators/speeders/atvs). what are some suggestions?

Apothecaries are ultra good in the new Space Marine world. You should get one. :smile.:

cool. i actually have one painted, but when shops reopen, the primaris version  would be one of the first purchases if not the first. it would be a shame to have large aggressors/terminator squads and lack in support. come to think of it, the characters should be the first to change in general, as primaris versions are tougher/harder to assassinate.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

Guys what do you all think about a 5 man unit of veteran intercessors armed with auto bolt rifles and the Sergeant carrying the Sword of Judgement?

That's 5 attacks on the charge, he's supported by 8 ablative wounds, can advance and shoot, small footprint, etc.  Veterans are only 2 points more than regular intercessors, so 120 pts all in including power sword and grenade launcher.

Oh, speaking of the Grenade Launcher....it's listed as an assault weapon.  Since that and the rifle are not pistols, could the model carrying the grenade launcher fire both his grenade launcher and his auto bolt rifle on his turn?