the BIG 9th edition room

I’ve decided to switch out the assault Intercessors for Intercessors armed with bolt rifles as I think they’ll provide better support and are more suited towards objective camping. This is all the troops I can afford. Another Chaplain might be better than the Judicar.

Divine Protection is probably the best one on our own table, although it's less valuable if you don't have a single big target to put it on. Fervent Acclamation is often the best second pick for an MoS, especially if you have the Aurillian Shroud, an Apothecary, and/or Helbrecht since all of those auras get boosted.

On the primary table, Canticle of Hate is amazing for Devout Push shenanigans. Any of the +1 to hit/wound litanies are solid if you have a good target to use them on, although you may prefer using Canticle plus Litany of Hate most of the time.

The new Chaplain stratagem opens up way more options for Chaplains so I think it will depend on what you want out of your Chaplain, 5+FNP is really good if you have a big chunky unit like Outriders, Terminators or a Gravis squad after that you can either take Fervent Acclamation or +1A depending on your list. I personally didnt like Canticle of Hate before because I was giving up +1 to hit and/or to wound which was an amazing buff for your backline but now that I can cast it for free and every turn I can totally see its use for a more aggressive Chaplain.

The only litanies I will never use are Litany of Faith because we already have a 5+ agaisnt MWs, Psalm of Remorseless Prosecution because you can just take a Lieutenant or a Dreadnought to get reroll 1s to wound, Vow of Retribution because leadership shenanighans are not very reliable and Oath of Glory because fighting first is kind of wonky and we want to get the charge so it seems like a not very efficient fail safe. Every other litany has a use and is great but they depend on your army list and what you want your Chaplain to do.

I’ve decided to switch out the assault Intercessors for Intercessors armed with bolt rifles as I think they’ll provide better support and are more suited towards objective camping. This is all the troops I can afford. Another Chaplain might be better than the Judicar.

If you are deploying the BGV from the impulsor and using Devout Push, the Judciar is really almost necessary as he makes sure they get to swing first. He also has the added benefit that your opponent can't use the 2cp strat to intervene if you have units that charged that turn.  

They haven't released FAQs for any of the Index Astartes articles nor the new codexes yet, right? Ostensibly it'll be in there.

If the new codex FAQ comes out and Knights of Sigismund isn't restored, then is the time for pitchforks, I think. For right now it's super annoying but we still have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

any idea why we dont have Knights of Sigsimund anymore and why GW waiting for so long time?

Are they just unable to do so or whatever makes them not to react?

I really hate that GW policy

Obviously we will get something better, like Oaths? Pledges? Solemn Promises? xD

Edited by Sete

Oh please, it's not a steaming turd, you're just complaining that we're not as OP as white scars.

It's a middling quality buff, but the buff itself isn't the issue I have with it. I'm one of the people who support auto wounding as a usable concept for our chapter tactic. The issue is it's auto wounding on 6+, only in assault, and only if we charge or heroic. It doesn't work if we ourselves get charged, or if we use Divine Push to pile into an enemy. It also doesn't work in ongoing combats. And if those weren't enough restrictions, it doesn't trigger against vehicles.

It isn't that it's mechanically bad, it's fine. It has potential to be good if we had a way to give +1 to it somehow through a strat or Warlord aura. It's a turd because of all the hoops you have to jump through to activate it, especially in comparison to other melee chapters. I was hoping we'd at least gain access to it if we are charged in the update, but not surprised we didn't.