the BIG 9th edition room

Honestly I think it's all color choice that brings the Judiciar down. The helmet is so desaturated people have confused it for skin, and the face cloth could have had a different color to either match the coat, or go in a different direction. The eye lenses are so dark they feel amost as if the helmet is "off" instead of the usual power glow we see too.

But that's my quibble I suppose.

I think one of the problems with the helmet, is that the image we have of it is so square on, that you can't see where it changes from a skull facemask to a helmet, meaning it just looks like an undead space marine wearing a surgical mask. I'm hoping it may look a little better in reality?

I'm still quite concerned, because even if it does read as a helmet from the side, it'll still have the problems it has right now when looked at front-on. Thankfully, it looks like there are spare helmets on the Captain sprue, and I'm sure a skull helm or hood wouldn't look "wrong" on him either.

Today's necron article stated warriors are going from 11 to 12ppm, but will still "outnumber SM".

We already know intercessors are going to be 20ppm. Here's to hoping crusaders and scouts stay at 13 and 11 respectfully seeing as PA came out with 9th in mind.

Also want to add, seeing as faction focuses are a thing, I am asuming release timeline is looking like after 10-20 more days of faction focus depending on wether they cover each chaos legion / non codex compliant chapter

Edited by SirJyo

I expect 15 and 13 and the same for Crusadersquads.

That would put then at 75% the cost of an intercessor, same as now, I'd hope Tacticals/crusaders would be a bit more competitively priced.

Shouldn't get my hopes up.

I expect 15 and 13 and the same for Crusadersquads.

That would put then at 75% the cost of an intercessor, same as now, I'd hope Tacticals/crusaders would be a bit more competitively priced.

Shouldn't get my hopes up.

I dont calculated but thats what I expected so far. We will see if GW has an ear for us or not. If they bring the crusadersquad to a higher price then we cant expect a better treatment in the near future. If they are the same then everything is open. BUT if they really make the Neophyte cheaper then a scout we know that they dont ignore us.

If that's a special rule that only activates on charges, it may just be 3 (2, +1 for chainsword). But advancing 6" and Devout Push for 3" isn't much better than just charging anyway, especially if the guns aren't Assault.

If we can take these in squads of 6 and Astartes chainswords are better than regular ones, these guys could make a great target for the Crusader Helm buff.

And overwatch should not hurt that mutch with 4W and T5. I think they could be very good with our CT but honestly White Scars will be better (and should do so!!!).

But I heard that Bladeguard Veterans have also 4.

Edited by Medjugorje

BIKES ARE BACK!  A squad of 3 putting out 19 chainsword attacks is nothing to sneeze at, especially given the buffs we can give them. I have word that to start all the units in the box set will be units of 3(except the intercessors) but down the line bikes will be able to go up to 6. Obviously a chaplain biker would be a good fit for this unit, and a JP chaplain could work as well though a bit slower. Also we could drop pod Grimaldus potentially into range to give exploding 6's I think even the Crusader Helm would work great on them, though making a first turn charge would be a bit difficult if we go first. 

and there is an ability for defending units - just read some postings in my WhatsApp group where we can get +1 to hit.

Yup. It's a terrain rule that basically lets you set a defense:

fRPlbP8.jpg

EDIT: the Overwatch strat:

XXqLRbl.jpg

Edited by Fulkes

Overwatch was always just an over the top bonus tacked on the end of shooting's already more reliable and cost efficient way of play.

This is a good step towards bringing melee back as something other than afterthought but lets wait until we see how melee units are costed and how reliably they can get into combat before we declare that melee is back.

Remember so far we have seen blast rules that make the standard large melee unit load out more vulnerable and terrain rules which make it easier for charged units to survive so its not all going melee's way (which is how its should be, we need balance between the ways to do damage not an obvious right choice).