On 5/14/2023 at 4:12 AM, Warden-Paints said:

They took a lot of design cues from the FW renegades, these look great. 

This is the first release where I think it could easily pass for the original models they are proxying which is great considering how characterful the fw renegades were. Hope we get some nice ogryn sculpts.

Folks may be interested to know the preview page is up on Gamefound now:

https://gamefound.com/projects/mwg--wargames-atlantic/the-damned

While both MWG and WA are pretty reputable in my experience, I'm a little skeptical of the suggested fulfillment of May 2024. WA have been clear that none of the sprue designs are finalised yet which means no tooling has been done at all for mass production. With supposed delivery only 12 months out that seems like a very tight timeline. That May 2024 date might be a placeholder given the fact the campaign hasn't officially launched yet however.

Aside from that, I'm interested in this - I like a lot of the designs we've seen and I think you could run these as loyalists pretty easily with some trimming of spikes, etc. With the gashoods I can easily see them being an Imperial army raised from a smog-choked hive world, for example.

Edited by EmpiricalReed

7 hours ago, EmpiricalReed said:

While both MWG and WA are pretty reputable in my experience, I'm a little skeptical of the suggested fulfillment of May 2024. WA have been clear that none of the sprue designs are finalised yet which means no tooling has been done at all for mass production. With supposed delivery only 12 months out that seems like a very tight timeline. That May 2024 date might be a placeholder given the fact the campaign hasn't officially launched yet however.

Assuming the data of fulfilment is actually set to May 2024 I think there will be some significant delays, at least to customers outside the US. With all the latest releases from Wargames Atlantic there was a significant delay in getting things out and the 8 kits + Base sprues that are part of the current preview of the campaign represent something like 25% of their current catalogue in less than a year from design to production.

In theory it is feasible, but I think they had several bottlenecks with tooling and production in the past year, so I doubt they would be able to handle the normal releases, restocks and this project all at once, given they have failed quite often to produce and deliver restocks in a relatively short time.

13 hours ago, GreenScorpion said:

Assuming the data of fulfilment is actually set to May 2024 I think there will be some significant delays, at least to customers outside the US. With all the latest releases from Wargames Atlantic there was a significant delay in getting things out and the 8 kits + Base sprues that are part of the current preview of the campaign represent something like 25% of their current catalogue in less than a year from design to production.

In theory it is feasible, but I think they had several bottlenecks with tooling and production in the past year, so I doubt they would be able to handle the normal releases, restocks and this project all at once, given they have failed quite often to produce and deliver restocks in a relatively short time.

The significant delays were partly because Wargames Atlantic is moving from a staggered release for each kit to having a kit release in all 3 warehouse locations at once.

That's apparently taken quite a bit of work and caused delays. Which were probably exacerbated by freight issues over the last few years.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:19 PM, Slave to Darkness said:

Hands and weapons are more true 28mm, everything else looks fine. The WW1 Germans and French dont look that bad but Cadian arms do look a bit daft on them as they are a bit 'skinnier' than the sci fi minis. My Guard army is mostly made up of their WW1 stuff, Grognards, Halflings, GW Cadians and Bolt Action Germans, may be worth having a looksie so you can see how various bits scale on other minis. Actually it shouldnt be long until the Bulldogs are released, couple of weeks tops, guess its time I finish off my backlog before I do another Guard regiment. 

PXL_20230518_0816083082.thumb.jpg.9a8ce254316351186a166bb24f35004b.jpg

That's a WW1 french model with cannon fodder arms.

If you match them up side by side with Katie and it's rather convincing for a las gun.

7 hours ago, McDougall Designs said:

The significant delays were partly because Wargames Atlantic is moving from a staggered release for each kit to having a kit release in all 3 warehouse locations at once.

That's apparently taken quite a bit of work and caused delays. Which were probably exacerbated by freight issues over the last few years.

I meant the delays with the kits released prior to the change, things like the ogres that took several months to reach the market, especially in the locations outside the US.

The current delayed releases should be indeed because of the new system, but past delays should not be ignored, as they affected restocks as well as new releases, so there are certainly some bottlenecks and while the products released are great, Wargames Atlantic has always been extremely optimistic about deadlines and that was mostly my point as that can impact this kind of campaigns, especially since it is the first, as a bad first experience with delays would be a big problem.

6 hours ago, GreenScorpion said:

I meant the delays with the kits released prior to the change, things like the ogres that took several months to reach the market, especially in the locations outside the US.

The current delayed releases should be indeed because of the new system, but past delays should not be ignored, as they affected restocks as well as new releases, so there are certainly some bottlenecks and while the products released are great, Wargames Atlantic has always been extremely optimistic about deadlines and that was mostly my point as that can impact this kind of campaigns, especially since it is the first, as a bad first experience with delays would be a big problem.

Heard. Yes, it's a rather annoying problem.

The current chaos of the world broke me of the idea that things should arrive quickly. I apologize for formulating my above thoughts based on that instead of a wider approach.

Knowing a little about the company and what they've got planned, I'm hopeful this will fulfill on time.

Wargames Atlantic has made their campaign page live. If you follow the campaign prior to launch and subsequently pledge, you will have an extra plastic infantry sprue added to your rewards package.

They've also stated more regular, non mutated parts will be added in the course of the campaign for those who want a less ragged look.

Gosh I absolutely love these models. Unfortunately these will be 

out of stock upon release due to hype beast goobers who can't wait to take pics with their new boxes and post them on Instagram.

Badass models/ideas that will become inaccessible thanks to wannabe influencers. Hope im wrong

2 hours ago, eyedrops said:

Gosh I absolutely love these models. Unfortunately these will be 

out of stock upon release due to hype beast goobers who can't wait to take pics with their new boxes and post them on Instagram.

Badass models/ideas that will become inaccessible thanks to wannabe influencers. Hope im wrong

That's wildly wishful thinking.

Granted, I'd say that's a decent problem to have, but I don't think you will have trouble.

Plus, if you pledge now you've essentially pre ordered.

6 hours ago, sitnam said:

I got to say, these traitor guard don’t quote do it for me. I thinks it’s the heads I’m not in love with, nor most of the weapons. The flamers look good though

They should be compatible with other death fields sets. I can see the death fields weapons upgrade sprue working well on these guys.

They said that there are more helmet options to be shown off, and headswap are rather rudimentary otherwise.

Can't knock a free sprue for following to get notified of launch, though. That's a class A freebie imo.

Welp, they've updated the stretch goals to cover the 8 kits (alltho the 400 € is odd, since is an upgrade sprue for vehicles, instead of a proper vehicle?)

They've also put a free sprues section indicating which free stuff can you receive. Most interesting thing are the rewards for buyers of 10 or more boxes, that include:

-Female infantry (there's a typo there)
-Mutation sprue
-Heavy infantry
-Plastic terrain
-Power armour (¿?)

Atm none of this is included yet on stretch goals, but it's easy to supose that a lot of those are going to be reached up very quick seeing that the campaign 1000 followers (to compare, Ravaged Star had 4000 backers after 7 months)

Wargames Atlantic has announced an early bird bonus.

Pledge within the first 24 hours at 3 box deal or above and receive a Damned heavy weapons sprues added to your rewards.

Furthermore, the campaign is roughly 9 hours and 500 follows away from every backer getting a squad of 3 brutes (Ogryn equivalents) for free. Tell your friends, and help get that follow count up for freebies