1 hour ago, LameBeard said:

Great to see this army come together. I have a Rogue Trader rhino and predator waiting for some paint stripper - I think I might swallow the crazy scale difference, not sure if opponents would object though …

PS I’ll see if I can find any tiny cruci terminati (plural of crux terminates?) for you, there are a few in terminator and sternguard sets, might be some in bits box.

we also need to get you some custom decals for those shoulders?

Well technically a Rhino is still a Rhino so opponents dont really have a leg to stand on, if they are that anal over it just stick it on a base to bump the height a bit and make sure the base has the same footprint as the current Rhino. Its a pet peeve of min when people complain about using older minis, I still use my RoC Greater Daemons and Im not dropping that kind of cash just to buy a new one to keep other people happy, hell my mate up north still uses his OG Abaddon on 25mm base, but we come from a time before people moaned about this stuff, we just wanna drink a Hobgoblin or ten and throw dice whilst blasting Megadeth, the way the gods intended us to play. 

I did find some old Sternguard minis in my bits box but all the tiny crosses on chains have snapped off, I think I have one so Its a start lol. If you find any Ill chuck you a few quid or work out a trade if I have anything you need. Transfers would be good actually, cheaper than 3D prints and faster than painting, Ill be using 3D prints for the vets and some characters though just to make them look a bit fancier. 

If I find any it will be gratis - glad to have them go to a good home. But suspect I may have sold or given away already. Cleared out indomitus terminators a while ago - and regretting it now that they have nice heresy rehabilitation!

Ahh if they gone they gone, just gives me an excuse to waste more money on ebay. :biggrin:

Speaking of Terminators, I cant believe I have not included any in this army, I have used Terminators and a Dreadnought in every game I have ever had using Marines (iconic units and rule of cool trumps 'competitive' units every time imho). I have some Dark Vengeance chaps kicking about I can convert, but if Valraks rumor is true and Terminators are getting the 'Primaris' *gags* treatment I may wait, then the Termies will be taller and scale better. Hmmm tough choices to be made. Plenty of stuff to be working on in the meantime though, I still need to finish my not Squats and metal Eldar minis, tons of Guard infantry still on sprue and my Turnip 28 stuff still needs a rattle can undercoat (I hate bare plastic minis, everythings gotta be primed).

Just found a botched Drop Pod I was going to Nurglefy up years ago, got a lot of superglue that needs scraping off but I think its rescuable. If not Ill have a nice bit of scenery, win win. 

On 1/7/2023 at 3:06 PM, Slave to Darkness said:

but if Valraks rumor is true and Terminators are getting the 'Primaris' *gags* treatment I may wait, then the Termies will be taller and scale better. 

I stated in my recent video on this subject, I am hearing they wont be Primaris just a scale, again, this is just rumours at this point, no hard evidence.

16 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

I stated in my recent video on this subject, I am hearing they wont be Primaris just a scale, again, this is just rumours at this point, no hard evidence.

Maybe it’s a “Space Marine heroes” thing?

23 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Cheers for that chief, not checked youtube in a while so Im just going off what others have said. If they are just gonna be bigger Terminators that pleases me. 

Ooh that would be perfect! Thanks. Ill pm you my addy now. The only thing I need help with is finding somewhere that does custom transfer sheets, not had much luck atm finding one UK based. 

3 hours ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Maybe look into forgottenchapters.com 

I got a bt transfer sheet from them a year ago.

They also have an ebay shop.

Forgottenchapters.eu ?

Stuff looks great but now import tax and admin fee if coming from the Netherlands?

Just won a bid for some of the plastic mohawk scouts, paintings a bit sus but they are getting stripped anyway so not too fussed. Building my second Assault combat squad now and got the parts together for a couple of Techmarines and another Medic. Rhino and Predator in the post. Busy busy paint paint paint... 

Meant to comment on this a while ago, but got distracted. Just caught up and that's an impressive amount of work.

If you're still looking for Worm Purple or any other RT era paints then check out Warcolours Nostalgia 88, they're pretty much 1:1 colour matches for the whole original citadel range but behave better due to modern paint tech and they are fantastic. Postage is a bit steep nowadays though since they're coming from Cyprus.

1 hour ago, Razblood said:

If you're still looking for Worm Purple or any other RT era paints then check out Warcolours Nostalgia 88 ... Postage is a bit steep nowadays though since they're coming from Cyprus.

It may also be worth considering Coat D'Arms, as they're original paints - depending on where people are, they may (or may not) be more easily sourced/available.

9 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

It may also be worth considering Coat D'Arms, as they're original paints - depending on where people are, they may (or may not) be more easily sourced/available.

I can't bring myself to buy coat d'arms again, too many instances of inconsistent colour on a pot by pot basis. Also had issues with sealed pots drying out within a couple of months of purchase. Not had any such issues with Warcolours, I've bought about half of the sets and got a few duplicate colours from hobby boxes and they're completely consistent all around.

Point about coat d'arms being "original paints" their fantasy range is made to the same recipes as the 90s hex pot colours as HMG are the company who used to manufacture them for GW, however some of the components used have been changed over time due to availability or cost so they aren't exactly the same paints, a lot of colours are identical but there are some deviations (Angel green, CDA version is darker and less vibrant than gw version), Bright Gold (supposed to be shining gold but is a completely different colour), chestnut wash (more orange than gw version) goblin green (extremely bad coverage compared to gw version though it is at least a match). That's just the few I've found over the years.

CDA are easier to get though, cheaper and way lower postage. But I'm pretty sure you have to order them directly from Black Hat these days as a lot of the places that were carrying them stopped a while ago.

7 hours ago, Razblood said:

I can't bring myself to buy coat d'arms again, too many instances of inconsistent colour on a pot by pot basis. Also had issues with sealed pots drying out within a couple of months of purchase.

That's a shame. :sad: I've not experienced any of that, either with my original early 90's GW paints, or the CdA ones I bought in the early 2000's - with 1 exception, they're all usable, even if some of them are 30 years old! (the lid on the my pot of Tin Bitz paint split, and it dried out) Oddly, the only brand I've had problems with variance and drying in the pot with is Vallejo, although I kinda feel like the only person who has! :laugh: Bad luck on both our parts, maybe?

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

4 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

That's a shame. :sad: I've not experienced any of that, either with my original early 90's GW paints, or the CdA ones I bought in the early 2000's

Never had it with my classic citadel, I've still got several from 97 when I first picked up a brush, my CDA were all from 2012/13 so I'm guessing quality dropped since you got yours.

I've not had any Vallejo dry in the bottle, but I have had a few game color bottles turn super glossy on me over the years.

The Blood Drinkers are getting bloodied tomorrow, friends gonna use my Eldar and were gonna be slumming it 2nd ed style. So this post will be the placeholder for a batrep... 

I have only listed additional upgrades in the army list, couldnt be bothered typing out all the kit they come with as standard, tables already set up and armies are deployed, bit late to play now (4am) so were gonna pick up later. Everything is standard codex stuff apart from the Marines using the rules for purchasing combat squads from WD issue 209 (article also has rules for  Chapter Masters, something else to add to the 'to do' list).

Blood Drinkers 

Captain 
Powerfist, Boltgun.

Chaplain (Hero)

Medic
Boltgun

Librarian (Lexicanum)
Force Sword
The Gate

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Missile Launcher

Scout Squad
Heavy Bolter, Swords, Chainsword.

Assault Squad (Combat Squad)
Power Fist, 2 Plasma Pistols, Hand Flamer, Chainswords, Jump Packs

Rhino
Blind Grenades

Predator
Heavy Bolters

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon, Powerfist

Biel Tan

Farseer
Displacer Field, Shuriken Pistol, Seer Runes, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear, Frag and Krak
Guide, Fortune, Doom, Battle Fate

Exarch (Howling Banshee)
Power Axe, Banshee Mask, Frag and Krak, Meltabombs, Fighting Fury, Crushing Blow

Exarch (Fire Dragon)
Firepike, Frag and Krak, Crack Shot, Fast Shot

Guardian Squad (x6)
Shuriken Catapults, Frag and Krak

Guardian Squad (x5)
Shuriken Catapults, Frag and Krak

Fire Dragons (x4)

Howling Banshees (x4)

Scatter Laser Weapons Platform

Plasma Cannon Weapons Platform

Table layout and deployment shots. Marines have to capture the bridge in the middle of the table, Eldar have to get units into the Marine deployment zone. 

2023-01-19 23.50.11.jpg

Marine Deployment

2023-01-19 23.49.00.jpg

Tactical combat squad with missile launcher set up in the ruin, Dreadnought and Assault combat squad are tucked away behind the woods, Captain and Techmarine are behind the ruin, Tactical combat squad with flamer, Medic and Chaplain are in the Rhino supported by the Predator ready to push for the objective, Librarians a bit confused and decided to just stand there and the Scouts are hidden in the ruins ready to run away from the Avatar... 

Eldar Deployment

2023-01-19 23.49.42.jpg

Not sure what the plan is here, Ill ask them to elaborate on their plan after the game. On the far left is the Avatar, Banshees and a Guardian Squad (I assume the Avatar and mates are gonna try and use the woods on the left flank to sneak into my deployment zone as the right is too open for the squishy knife ears), middle is the Farseer and the Plasma Cannon (clear LoS to the bridge as well, sneaky) and on the far right is the second Guardian squad, Fire Dragons and Scatter Laser (also pointed right at my objective).

As soon as I get the chance Ill write up the report and get some photos up, and actual army shots as well. If I had the know how Id even do maps like the ones in WD back in the day, unfortunately my techy knowledge goes as far as face swapping so no fancy maps, just shaky phone shots for the time being.

• 4 months later...