'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I would say, tactically, that while charging the MM wielder would be useful for tying him up in melee and preventing him from getting a shot off, it would be a pretty suicidal thing for Svelk to do, as he'd be within counter-charge range of at least one of the terminators, plus most of the rest of the green squad. 

Practically speaking, charging into a target like that would not go well for Svelk, in my view. I see him (perhaps incorrectly) as being more of a skirmisher, doing his work on the periphery of the battle. So from that view, him charging one or both of the remaining members of the bone squad to fight alongside Vesalius is likely his best option if that's what he's keen to do.

That and Svelk and Vesalius have at least an understanding, if not a cordial, professional relationship by this point, do they not? 

28 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

I would say, tactically, that while charging the MM wielder would be useful for tying him up in melee and preventing him from getting a shot off, it would be a pretty suicidal thing for Svelk to do, as he'd be within counter-charge range of at least one of the terminators, plus most of the rest of the green squad.

Probably not useful in this particular context, but Odysseus has a squad mode up his sleeves that allow for 'reverse charges' - specifically you can charge someone, attack, and then spend a reaction to return directly back to where you started.

Works for any move-type action (i.e. half action move, half action plant explosive charge, reaction to 'unmove'). One of these days it's going to come in handy :p

18 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Probably not useful in this particular context, but Odysseus has a squad mode up his sleeves that allow for 'reverse charges' - specifically you can charge someone, attack, and then spend a reaction to return directly back to where you started.

Works for any move-type action (i.e. half action move, half action plant explosive charge, reaction to 'unmove'). One of these days it's going to come in handy :p

The Hokey Cokey

11 minutes ago, Machine God said:

If Draak drops in to Solo Mode does Squad Mode go down? 

Rules Query, not a GM one, and I'm around...

Only for you.

Everyone else remains in SQD Mode.

EDIT: Unless you are the one Sustaining it.  Then yes, the SQD Mode Ability ends, because you are no longer sustaining, but the Squad remains in Sqaud Mode, and you drop into Solo.

If that makes sense?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

By the by, the next 4 characters can feel free to jump in with their Actions in whatever order they prefer!

Edited by Lysimachus

16 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

For some reason my entire post is getting spoilered, even though I clearly marked only a part.

Also is another marine close enough that the later shells can take them out if, as is likely, That first hit kills #9

I've noticed that happen to me.

It seems to be happening with mobile posting, although I have had the problem on my laptop posted entries.

I think its a software thing to do with the new site.

It happens if you have a Spoiler first, then on closing the spoiler text afterwards just becomes added on to the spoiler. Also once its done you cannot Edit the spoiler.

It's a pain in the :cuss:

I just posted a Bug Report about the issue, so we might find out what's going on.

Edited by Machine God
Bug Report

Looks like the first of the terminators will be through the barrier this turn (there is zero chance of the smite killing either of the lead terminators).

Time to start consider a strategic running away action - perhaps even with Brynjarr calling a regroup or similar squad mode to buy us an extra turn.

(a furious charge, while expensive, would also get a move while giving Draak a free swing and leaving Brynjarr with his full action) - the dark angel having made an all out attack would get no dodge, if Draak hits he'll squish him. It can even be activated after Brynjarrs shot to get the benefit of the stronghold attack bonus on the inferno pistol

Edited by A.T.

A.T. - Yes, that certainly sounds like a good idea.

Trokair - Just be careful with that Inferno Pistol if you are Shooting into Melee Combat.

I thought about Draak initiating a Dis-engage this turn but went with the TH. I think a last Hit and then withdraw would be good.

Note that you while you can use the Regroup Mode to flee back past the next bulkhead door, it will mean that Vesalius... and Svelk for that matter as he's moved out of Visual... will be left behind to face the Angels on their own... 

6 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Note that you while you can use the Regroup Mode to flee back past the next bulkhead door, it will mean that Vesalius... and Svelk for that matter as he's moved out of Visual... will be left behind to face the Angels on their own... 

They ranged ahead knowing the plan of the rolling retreat and the risks of ranging forwards...

4 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Odysseus has that one covered to a limited degree - 'we all are one' increases the squad mode support type by one full category, so vocal is good enough.

I think for the furious charge/regroup we would not flee past the bulkhead, just move enough to buy an extra round by stepping back pulling the shield in. Another salvo or two of heavy bolter and smiting might start to whittle down the terminators.

And Vesalius and Svelk could probably do with that furious assault themselves...

With his jump pack and run the run action, Svelk can move a total of 60 metres per turn if need be. That said, are there any side-passages that he and Vesalius can retreat down? We should both be able to break line of sight pretty with the multi-melta pretty easily, and then they have to decide between splitting off a squad to track us down or risking us harassing their rear again.

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

We should both be able to break line of sight pretty with the multi-melta pretty easily

Multimelta guy is toast (at least until we leave them alone long enough for someone else to pick it up). I'd be cautious about exposing yourself to stormbolter fire without cover or the kine-shield though, it's fairly close to d10 wounds per hit and up to 8 hits per terminator unless you have a big iron-hands style defensive bonus.