'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Awesome, but Decimus will remain the best devastator.

No devastator is superior* to Brother Glaucus of the Astral Claws, thanks to his extremely poorly worded relic in 'Emperor's Chosen'

*Glaucus and his gun can inflict in excess of 100 magnitune damage in a single round, but does have the unfortunate tendancy to redirect any and all damage he takes to his allies, with no stated range cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello players! I hope everyone is doing ok? Well, we are now just a few days from our planned start date on Friday.

So, at some point between now and then, can I please ask our new players to add their Character Bio posts to the Iron Gods Character thread?

Also, here's a little something I've been working on for ages and felt inspired by our game to get finished!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361412-lysimachus-kill-teams-tyranids/?p=5736468

Looking forward to Friday's start, Lysimachus.

I've spent 1000 of the Traveller's 1500: 500 on +5BS, and 500 on Peer (Iron Gods) to represent that he is familiar of (and familiar to) the Iron Gods.

I'll save the remaining 500 for now.

Hello players! I hope everyone is doing ok? Well, we are now just a few days from our planned start date on Friday.

So, at some point between now and then, can I please ask our new players to add their Character Bio posts to the Iron Gods Character thread?

@Lysimachus

Hopefully the other three new players have seen your message and are just crafting very well drafted Character Bio's prior to game start tomorrow.

Have you PM'ed them as a nudge?

What time is Game Time tomorrow?

The first post is ready to go, so basically whenever tomorrow I get 5 mins to add it to the IC thread... ;)

I'm hoping to have it up by mid-afternoon at latest (uk time)

And GREAT description, Xin. :D

This is just my musing's from character descriptions. It is just for fun.

Squad Cutlass:

The Traveller - Raven Guard.

Versalius - Raven Guard.

Svelk - Raven Guard.

Odysseus - Raven Guard(?)

Decimus - Imperial Fists.

Brynjar - Not sure.

Very nice posts everyone! 
Though I always seem to picture at least half of the characters in these games after actors from the School of the Stonefaced- 300 yards -Stare.Variety (Diesel, Sratham,etc) ;)

I imagine Redcloak was put a bit on the side during the raid on the Mechanius post so as not to accidentally get his paws on something the Tzar wanted? In the aftermath, the Techmarines of a chapter would see to repairs and maintenance - how does this play out withheld Iron Gods? Is there something of an organized priesthood / forge or do individual Technarines set up their own little smithies / shops up around the barge? With all these renegade alpha males. Would they surrender their gear to a newcomer? 

In any event, I picture Ithan will have tried to get a lay of the ship, try to get to know other Astartes, maybe get in scrap or two and simply enjoy not having to worry about crushing puny humans by accident :) 

Very nice posts everyone! 

Though I always seem to picture at least half of the characters in these games after actors from the School of the Stonefaced- 300 yards -Stare.Variety (Diesel, Sratham,etc) :wink:

I imagine Redcloak was put a bit on the side during the raid on the Mechanius post so as not to accidentally get his paws on something the Tzar wanted? In the aftermath, the Techmarines of a chapter would see to repairs and maintenance - how does this play out withheld Iron Gods? Is there something of an organized priesthood / forge or do individual Technarines set up their own little smithies / shops up around the barge? With all these renegade alpha males. Would they surrender their gear to a newcomer? 

In any event, I picture Ithan will have tried to get a lay of the ship, try to get to know other Astartes, maybe get in scrap or two and simply enjoy not having to worry about crushing puny humans by accident :smile.:

@Xin Ceithan - It's the Thousand Yard Stare and you can add Stallone to your brackets.

You can also lose the copying of 'the Tzar or Tsar' as Draak stated as that is his shtick. I was thinking of using Kaiser, but Tsar is just a little more removed. I didn't want to :censored:  Talek Varn too much by calling him Emperor.

Anyway I think that Redcloak would have been included in the raid. That way he could add on all his skin and bone trappings to his Iron Gods armour, otherwise it would just be mismatched greys and scarlet without all the cool stuff that you added.

Edit: Typo. Added detail.

Edited by Machine God