'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Though I always seem to picture at least half of the characters in these games after actors from the School of the Stonefaced- 300 yards -Stare.Variety (Diesel, Sratham,etc)

Hardcases and psychos all... :D

I imagine Redcloak was put a bit on the side during the raid on the Mechanius post so as not to accidentally get his paws on something the Tzar wanted?

Possible, possible… ;)

In the aftermath, the Techmarines of a chapter would see to repairs and maintenance - how does this play out withheld Iron Gods? Is there something of an organized priesthood / forge or do individual Technarines set up their own little smithies / shops up around the barge? With all these renegade alpha males. Would they surrender their gear to a newcomer?

Well, in Ep.1 we did see tech stuff in the care of Armoury serfs, and it's also mentioned in the IT article that Magos Octavius currently cares for these needs. So it might be that Ithan is the first full Techmarine who has joined the IG! Remember, there are only a Company and a half-ish of them in total! So, as he settles in he'd probably find that he'll get used more and more in that role… but at the moment, like all of the Kill-Team members, he's a relatively new recruit who's just completed his first mission, and is still at the stage of proving himself? (Probably very similar to Vesalius and the IG Apothecarion…?)

I guess at this point it might depend how individually good (or bad) the other IG are at looking after their personal kit?

In any event, I picture Ithan will have tried to get a lay of the ship, try to get to know other Astartes, maybe get in scrap or two and simply enjoy not having to worry about crushing puny humans by accident

Sounds great! :lol:

Well, let's see how this all goes - it has been very entertaining to read how you've all been doing, catching up has been quite the trip!

I'm very glad to see that in my brief absence the quality of posting has remained high :wink:

Looking forward to getting back into this and hopefully providing as much fun and intrigue as you've all given me over the past couple of weeks!

Thanks for having me (again) :)

No rush everyone.

As to Draak's attack on Decimus, I'm cool with it (as long as Black Cohort is... and maybe an Opposed Str roll beforehand might be appropriate, too?) After all, rough play is normal among regular Chapters, let alone a band of pirates and renegades!

What really interests me is how will the other members of Cutlass respond to their teammate being attacked by this stranger? Might be a way to show what bonds, if any, have actually been built...?

Exactly right. Obviously, PA gives a big Str bonus (+25 for Mk3) so thats a big advantage!

So Draak would very likely come out on top and if BC is happy to call it a knock down, then I am too... but technically if he rolled well and you rolled badly, it wouldn't be a forgone conclusion, if that makes sense?

Without derailing too much, do any of the more experienced players/GMs have any thoughts on how these kind of opposed interactions between characters should work? I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a newb GM and haven't come across it before!!! :lol:

I'm rusty. :blush.:

In a straight-up Opposed strength roll, both players roll off with highest Degrees of Success being the winner.  Be advised that Unnatural Strength comes into play here.  Should the test be passed, Extra DoS are awarded per Unnatural level - so in this case, should both players succeed in their rolls, they would both get +2 DoS (unnat Strx2).

Basically for player interaction - anything the players agree on or organise between them, I'd do narratively, anything else, use Mechanics.

My tuppence ha'penny.

Edited for clarity.

(I said I was rusty!)

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Ok, I've moved us on a bit sooner than I'd planned, just so we don't get derailed from the main plot, but now I'm going to leave it there for a bit to let everyone catch up and get placeholders filled.