'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

To my mind, Greed is certainly a powerful motivator, but it depends on how consumed with revenge the Traveller is.  No man, hellbent on vengeance, will be tempted by baubles, when the prize is right in front of him...

I don't mean to second guess Mol, or put words in his mouth, I'm just...ruminating on the metahuman condition.

Although, I'm sure there is a third option to explore.  :wink:

On another topic, I have a mechanics query for the GM - the free bit of gear we can select as a tactical marine (in my case a storm bolter) can that be affected by Signature Wargear talents?

Er...asking for a friend. :ph34r.:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Ah, but is it a material incentive that Varn is offering...? Perhaps there is a way to advance both the Iron Gods interests and bring the Traveller closer to his vengeance?

How do you mean, Mazer? The boosts once you get to Sig Wargear (Master)?

I guess it might be fair to say that the Tactical Marines are considered to have the first level of Sig Wargear (because that's more or less what it is) purely for the purposes of Talent Requirements, but obviously only for their special chosen item.

i.e. so you don't have to purchase the first level as you've already got the weapon, but you would have to pay out the XP for Master in order to add one of the benefits from Table 4-2? (And you wouldn't be able to switch it for a completely different item like you can choose to do with regular Sig Wargear.)

That sound reasonable?

As for vengeance, while the metaphorical baubles may not be of interest, what about a promises of resources so as to enable the Traveler to better pursue said vengeances?

Now you're thinking like Talek Varn...

Vengeance is sometimes it's own reward... :wink:

Deadly combo - er, nothing to see here...it's not like a reliable, tearing, storm, quality bolter with +10 for bolter mastery, +10 for being Master Sig Gear and +10 for an integrated laser sight is anything worth looking at...

I was asking mainly because my plasma pistol, Charybdis, is already a Sig Wargear item thanks to Right Gear for the Job, so will probably have to Master that one.

Not that it's a problem, you know, with +10 from Master, +10 from an integrated sight....on a reliable, volatile, maximal setting plasma pistol...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Deadly combo - er, nothing to see here...it's not like a reliable, tearing, storm, quality bolter with +10 for bolter mastery, +10 for being Master Sig Gear and +10 for an integrated laser sight is anything worth looking at...

The 'arcane weaponry' option from rites of battle p220 is always an interesting 15 req way to add a little unique flair to an item at master level giving them a relic-like edge over any common weapon of the same type - though the resultant combinations can vary from flavourful to utterly absurd.

Wonderful! I think that puts us with most of the placeholders filled (maybe just 1 or 2 more?)

And with the Traveller having also responded (very nice, Mol! :D) we can move on.

So, I'll leave it this afternoon/evening (in case those last couple of placeholders are in the process of being filled) then I'll update in the morning!

I was asking mainly because my plasma pistol, Charybdis, is already a Sig Wargear item thanks to Right Gear for the Job, so will probably have to Master that one.

Not that it's a problem, you know, with +10 from Master, +10 from an integrated sight....on a reliable, volatile, maximal setting plasma pistol...

Don't mind me over here with my boltgun, combat knife and diagnostor helm. :P

I think that greed will hold out over vengeance.

Perhaps I meant a blurring of the Player and Character?

Sure the Traveller is set on vengeance against his foe.

But Commissar Molotov has invested time and effort into his character and greed might prevent him from sitting the adventure out.

Don't mind me over here with my boltgun, combat knife and diagnostor helm. :tongue.:

Stuff breaks

People disappoint

Love dies

don’t rely on these :p

Stuff breaks

People disappoint

Love dies

don’t rely on these :tongue.:

Can always count on Xin to break out the Goddamned sunshine and rainbows...! ;)

@Machine God, I'm sure Mol/The Traveller will cut the best balance to keep us on tenterhooks!

Thank you! 

Always happy to help- Remind me to change my signature to “Xin Feelgood, M.D.”  :smile.:

Yes but which Dr Feelgood are you?

Milk & Alcohol or Motley Crue?

The “Polka-your-eyes-out” Type !

(Do check out “Trigger happy” from the same Album while you are at it  - it’s more along Mazer’s line of suggested prescription…) 

Also, where’s the booze meme coming from ? It’s “Recloak”, not “Red Label” :)

of course, there is that oil guzzling ABC Warrior - that might be a role model to consider here….

(Do check out “Trigger happy” from the same Album while you are at it  - it’s more along Mazer’s line of suggested prescription…) 

Also, where’s the booze meme coming from ? It’s “Recloak”, not “Red Label” :smile.:

of course, there is that oil guzzling ABC Warrior - that might be a role model to consider here….

I knew it, Xin "Hammerstein" Ciethan MD.

We're in a so-called pirate prince's boudoir, are we not?  There will be some booze somewhere, I'm sure, and Vo Caeryd won't be needing it...

In a bizarre case of “Art Imitates Life” my -unfinished- opening scene for Plunder does feature some sort of speak easy in the bowels of     the Iron Gods Battlebarge because I did not want it to start in the Forge…it is called “The Narrow Escape” ! 

Thank you! 

Always happy to help- Remind me to change my signature to “Xin Feelgood, M.D.”  :smile.:

Yes but which Dr Feelgood are you?

Milk & Alcohol or Motley Crue?

Also, where’s the booze meme coming from ? It’s “Recloak”, not “Red Label” :smile.:

Recloak? I'm not taking the mickey out the Techmarine, no way.

I mean the only Red Cloak I now is the Hobgoblin Cleric one of the enemies of the Order of The Stick.