'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@ Tro, I'd look into the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher if I were you.  You could combine it to your bolter or have it as a standalone.  I think it's 15 Req, Respected, and there's a profile for it on the 1.1 FAQ.  You can fire any grenade of your choosing.

Thanks for the idea, found it in the FAQ 1.1. Some follow up questions:

A s far I can tell its main advantage is that it has a range of 45 compared to the SBx3 for throwing a grenade (which works out at a range of 36 if I am doing it right). Are 9 m range that critical?

It also has Class N/A, how does that work into things compared  Basic or Thrown?

If it is combined with my bolter does that mean I can fire both as one action or would it simply become an alternate profile that I can chose when firing so I don’t have to swap back and forth between holding the bolter and having a free hand to throw with?

Lastly it says that it has a clip size of 4, does that mean it comes with 4 grenades already loaded (I’d assume either of the basic ones) or just that I can pre load up to 4 grenades I have on me.

I am apparently and very sadly out of likes! 

A common affliction in these parts, join the club.  

A s far I can tell its main advantage is that it has a range of 45 compared to the SBx3 for throwing a grenade (which works out at a range of 36 if I am doing it right). Correct  Are 9 m range that critical? Your call...

It also has Class N/A, how does that work into things compared  Basic or Thrown? Basic - it combines with your bolter, counting as one weapon, or it's a Basic if a standalone.

If it is combined with my bolter does that mean I can fire both as one action No or would it simply become an alternate profile that I can chose when firing so I don’t have to swap back and forth between holding the bolter and having a free hand to throw with? Correct

Lastly it says that it has a clip size of 4, does that mean it comes with 4 grenades already loaded Correct (I’d assume either of the basic ones Correct) or just that I can pre load up to 4 grenades I have on me. Happens on reload, so technically you carry your normal bomb load, plus the four in your launcher.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

A s far I can tell its main advantage is that it has a range of 45 compared to the SBx3 for throwing a grenade (which works out at a range of 36 if I am doing it right). Correct  Are 9 m range that critical? Your call...

It also has Class N/A, how does that work into things compared  Basic or Thrown? Basic - it combines with your bolter, counting as one weapon, or it's a Basic if a standalone.

If it is combined with my bolter does that mean I can fire both as one action No or would it simply become an alternate profile that I can chose when firing so I don’t have to swap back and forth between holding the bolter and having a free hand to throw with? Correct

Lastly it says that it has a clip size of 4, does that mean it comes with 4 grenades already loaded Correct (I’d assume either of the basic ones Correct) or just that I can pre load up to 4 grenades I have on me. Happens on reload, so technically you carry your normal bomb load, plus the four in your launcher.

Can it be added to a bolt pistol, and if so can I then shoot krak grenades in melee/combat? :P

Unless there is something else that the auxiliary grenade launcher dose that I am not comprehending then effectively paying  11 Req for 9 m range seems like an overly expensive upgrade.

Not finalized but leaning towards 15 Req worth of Frag and Krak, and giving 5 to help  Decimus.

Lysimachus, for episode 1 you allowed me to take at 1 Req each 3 extra frag and 2 extra krak, I assume the same applies here, but just wanted to check in case there was a limit you wanted to set for how many grenades  Brynjarr can fit in his bandolier (or his person in general).

Unless there is something else that the auxiliary grenade launcher dose that I am not comprehending then effectively paying  11 Req for 9 m range seems like an overly expensive upgrade.

Actually I made a mistake here - I forgot that since the grenade launcher becomes a basic weapon, it benefits from Range modification, so +30 at point-blank, and range up 90 metres without penalty, only hitting -10 at 91m and -30 at 136m.

Just to clear that up. I'm rusty, I admit it!

I do prefer the idea of Brynjarr wandering around carry crates of grenades. :tongue.:

@Necro - shush!  Meltaguns! Besides, it's a stealth mission if no-one is alive to witness it, or in my mind at least, we are ready for when it all goes horribly, horribly wrong...

@Sobek, true, true.  Except you're more a tin opener looking for cans of spam...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Tro: OK, let me think a mo. You get three of each as standard kit, and you had an extra 3 and 2 last time, yeah? So 11 in total...

I think 15 in total seems about as high as I'd go for carrying limits, does that seem reasonable? (I'm trying to think how many I could stick on a miniature without it looking ridiculous... :P )

So you'd have your 6 free ones plus could Req 9 more. Since Frags and Kraks are cheap, that would still leave 11 Req left over?

@Tro: OK, let me think a mo. You get three of each as standard kit, and you had an extra 3 and 2 last time, yeah? So 11 in total...

I think 15 in total seems about as high as I'd go for carrying limits, does that seem reasonable? (I'm trying to think how many I could stick on a miniature without it looking ridiculous... :tongue.: )

So you'd have your 6 free ones plus could Req 9 more. Since Frags and Kraks are cheap, that would still leave 11 Req left over?

Plus the two photon flash grenades for a total of 13 in episode 1. If 15 is the limit that feels right for you than 15 it shall be.

This and Mazers post has me considering the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher again, having a range of 90m without penalty as a basic action could be useful. Also between the 15 Req for it (and the 4 grenades it brings with it) and the reaming 5 req for grenades and the starting amount I would be at exactly 15 grenades. However then I would not be able to help Decimus get the suspensor for his heavy bolter. Choices choices.

I like how we're about to leave to infiltrate two planets to talk to some people, yet we're gearing up like we're going to purge a hive of heretics. #astarteslogic

Says the person obsessed with everybody taking Meltaguns.

A more pertinent question occurs: how do we want to divide up the squad? It would seem the Traveller will be heading up the grocery/revenge mission, but what of the rest of us?

How are we getting onto either planet? Brynjarr can pilot a shuttle craft or similar if needed.

Edited by Trokair

I think 15 in total seems about as high as I'd go for carrying limits, does that seem reasonable? (I'm trying to think how many I could stick on a miniature without it looking ridiculous... :tongue.: )

Plus the two photon flash grenades for a total of 13 in episode 1. If 15 is the limit that feels right for you than 15 it shall be.

This and Mazers post has me considering the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher again, having a range of 90m without penalty as a basic action could be useful. Also between the 15 Req for it (and the 4 grenades it brings with it) and the reaming 5 req for grenades and the starting amount I would be at exactly 15 grenades. However then I would not be able to help Decimus get the suspensor for his heavy bolter. Choices choices.

A.T. said that Odysseus would be leaving 5 Req free for the pot.

Edited by Machine God

Doh! Thanks MG, I dont think I answered that one. AT, if you want the immolation rifle, that's cool with me.

And yep, that would still leave 5 extra for Decimus to get the Suspensor...