'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Sorry all, bit of a long post but I thought I'd better explain a few bits in response to people's posts... my, but you're an untrusting bunch... :P

@MG: I liked that one, renegades are an unruly bunch anyway...

Edit: I seem to have run out of likes again...

Sorry Frater.

Lysimachus asked me to dial down my enthusiasm, but all the great posts has got me in a spin.

I'm trying to play Draak with an agenda and go all cool with him and then I've just dashed that with my last post.

I can't help posting stuff.

Am I an idiot, is Draak schizophrenic? Probably both.

If Draak doesn't get blown away, I'll try and get it together and Chill. 

@MG, I have to stop from posting all the time as well - since I feel there's catching up to do.

Is this your first PBP?  It can take a bit of getting used to in the way things work from the general forum, there it can be very quickfire, here there's more of a...rhythm - but that's what the OOC is for, to discuss and blow off a bit of steam.

Do you think your character is coming across as intended?  Are there things you'd like to try and explore with him?

Sorry all, bit of a long post but I thought I'd better explain a few bits in response to people's posts... my, but you're an untrusting bunch... :tongue.:

Well golly-gee I can't think why.  :happy.:

20 Req you say...?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Sorry all, bit of a long post but I thought I'd better explain a few bits in response to people's posts... my, but you're an untrusting bunch... :tongue.:

Have you seen that ancient Terran biopic Pirate of the Caribbean? Pirates can’t be trusted. :tongue.:

Edit: Regarding Requisition, I assume all equipment we gained with Req for the least mission had to be returned at the end of it?

Edited by Trokair

Edit: Regarding Requisition, I assume all equipment we gained with Req for the least mission had to be returned at the end of it?

Not 100% but I think that's how it usually works...?

The Traveller returns his red-dot laser sight from Episode I and replaces it with a Motion Predictor (20Req)

Job done!

Perfect!

Sorry again all, I had to rush out before I could send the link to the sheet, will email it out later tonight when I get in. :)

Sorry Frater.

Lysimachus asked me to dial down my enthusiasm, but all the great posts has got me in a spin.

I'm trying to play Draak with an agenda and go all cool with him and then I've just dashed that with my last post.

I can't help posting stuff.

Am I an idiot, is Draak schizophrenic? Probably both.

If Draak doesn't get blown away, I'll try and get it together and Chill. 

@MG, I have to stop from posting all the time as well - since I feel there's catching up to do.

Is this your first PBP?  It can take a bit of getting used to in the way things work from the general forum, there it can be very quickfire, here there's more of a...rhythm - but that's what the OOC is for, to discuss and blow off a bit of steam.

Do you think your character is coming across as intended?  Are there things you'd like to try and explore with him?

@Mazer Rackham - Thank you for your post, I'm out of Likes for today.

Yes this is my time at PBP although I have and still do play PBM &PBEM. I can see that there is somewhat of a rhythm involved, particularly as people are in different countries and time zones

I think that Lysimachus' last post helped somewhat. Draak is coming across as a hothead young Astartes, but he is not.

I just roleplayed him that way because of the source material for his gene heritage steered me to thinking that he had to act that way. I couldn't or didn't think that there was anyway that  Draak could just go and introduce himself casually

Perhaps I wish that the new squad members could introduce themselves to Kill-Team Cutlass.

@MG: It's just a thought, but maybe the reason some of the Iron Gods have ended up where they are is that they just don't fit into the ideal their Chapter had of what a 'proper' Astartes is? Gives players a little leeway to play their characters as they see fit?

@Tro: good point. Without spoilering too much, we'll soon be travelling again... maybe a good place for fresh starts/introductions?

@Necro: Ah, there I was thinking I'd let you get that Stalker you were after... :D

@MG: It's just a thought, but maybe the reason some of the Iron Gods have ended up where they are is that they just don't fit into the ideal their Chapter had of what a 'proper' Astartes is? Gives players a little leeway to play their characters as they see fit?

@Tro: good point. Without spoilering too much, we'll soon be travelling again... maybe a good place for fresh starts/introductions?

@Necro: Ah, there I was thinking I'd let you get that Stalker you were after... :biggrin.:

@Lysimachus - Thanks I can see your thinking.

I think that Necronaut's post about Meltaguns for everybody was just answering Trokair's post about character introductions.

I would like to Requisition:

• Shot Selector 2 Req
  • Metal Storm Ammo (60 Rds Mag for Storm Bolter) 15 Req
  • Zachariah's Sword 3 Req

Spent!

@MG, I'm sure introductions will be made soon, like Tro and Lysi say.

@Mol, that purchase was decisive!

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Necro: Ah, there I was thinking I'd let you get that Stalker you were after... :biggrin.:

@Lysimachus - Thanks I can see your thinking.

I think that Necronaut's post about Meltaguns for everybody was just answering Trokair's post about character introductions.

It was a bit of both. ;)

Last time round I spent my Req on 2 Photon Flash grenades some extra frag and krak grenades to play into a bit of a grenadier theme.

The photon flash grenade did not feel worth it at 5 req each (well one I missed with, and the other went unused, so really should not judge them on that but on the other hand 5 req for a single grenade feels like a lot).

So before I load up with 20 req worth of frag and krak is there anything thematic that somebody with the rules could suggest and/or does anybody else need a few extra Req for a particular set of equipment.

Edited by Trokair

Draak's requisition list:

Astartes Magboots 3 Req

Recoil Baffling 10 Req

7x Repair Cement 7 Req

Doesn't your armor come with magboots? We're not using the old busted-up, semi-functional kit like in Black Crusade!

@Necronaut - Yes you are quite right it does, silly me.

Back to the shopping list when Lysimachus sends the linky.

@ Tro, I'd look into the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher if I were you.  You could combine it to your bolter or have it as a standalone.  I think it's 15 Req, Respected, and there's a profile for it on the 1.1 FAQ.  You can fire any grenade of your choosing.

@MG, sorry mate :sad.: that Kraken backpack is going to cost you all 20 req, the FAQ cost of the Kraken is actually 15, not 5.  I think Recoil Baffling is also from Black Crusade?

@ Tro, I'd look into the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher if I were you.  You could combine it to your bolter or have it as a standalone.  I think it's 15 Req, Respected, and there's a profile for it on the 1.1 FAQ.  You can fire any grenade of your choosing.

@MG, sorry mate :sad.: that Kraken backpack is going to cost you all 20 req, the FAQ cost of the Kraken is actually 15, not 5.  I think Recoil Baffling is also from Black Crusade?

Yes I forgot about the FAQ, oh well.

Recoil Baffling is from First Founding.