'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Also another question is:

What are we going to do about our armour?

It's all painted different with no uniformity and no Chapter Markings.

Are you thinking "False Flag"?

Interesting idea if so...I was starting to think the infiltration team would have to ditch their kit altogether and swap out for autoguns and shotguns with Holger doing all the legwork and the Astartes lending all the killing.

Machine God: I had a look at Draak's post in the character thread - you mention that you were planning to update it, but at the moment I'm not sure how your armour would stick out any more than any of the other assembled Astartes?

Machine God - I'm quoting this post as you don't seem to've seen it and it may affect how the Traveller responds to Draak's comments.

A.T. said that Odysseus would be leaving 5 Req free for the pot.

Doh! Thanks MG, I dont think I answered that one. AT, if you want the immolation rifle, that's cool with me.

And yep, that would still leave 5 extra for Decimus to get the Suspensor...

On that basis I have provisionally filled in the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher and additional grenades on the spread sheet, but if anybody needs additional Req for more useful purpose I’d be happy to put it back in the armoury and just take the grenades and throw them manually.

I haven’t determined the number of frag and krak yet, but it will probably be a 7 and 8 or vice versa (the basic 3 of each included).

Edited by Trokair

Doh! Thanks MG, I dont think I answered that one. AT, if you want the immolation rifle, that's cool with me.

And yep, that would still leave 5 extra for Decimus to get the Suspensor...

I've put the immolation rifle down for now. If someone is still 5 short at the end i'll drop it back to the flamer he is already carrying.

Machine God: I had a look at Draak's post in the character thread - you mention that you were planning to update it, but at the moment I'm not sure how your armour would stick out any more than any of the other assembled Astartes?

Machine God - I'm quoting this post as you don't seem to've seen it and it may affect how the Traveller responds to Draak's comments.
@Commisar Molotov - I have updated the description a little bit at a time. I will fully update it when Draak introduces himself and takes his helmet off.

The main thing about Draak's armour that would stick out is the defaced Crux Terminatus.

The main thing about Draak's armour that would stick out is the defaced Crux Terminatus.

Bear in mind that any of the IG might have defaced eagles, winged skulls, etc on their armour. I'm not sure that the average Imperial citizen would know much difference between the crux and any of those?

That said, Draak would definitely be hard to hide, between wearing heavy, clunky MkIII and carrying a heavy weapon...

Ok, so assuming Radago takes the Power Sword (not as good as getting 2, but a start..? ;) ) and Decimus takes the Suspensor, that puts us with 21 Req left and only Ithan left to pick his kit? (Maybe that combi-plas you were considering?)

If anyone wants to include any narrative of selecting their stuff in their posts, feel free. As trusted troops you have free access to the Armoury on the Avarice, there will be a few Astartes guards on duty but they won't stop you from perusing what is there. (Brother Ghoran isn't there, as he was left in command at the Crag when Varn went on the raid)

Feel free to write something up if you like?

https://www.google.com/search?q=imperium+map&client=tablet-android-samsung-rev2&source=android-browser&prmd=imnxv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiO6PSk9fHyAhUsQEEAHUbXDLAQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=1098&bih=686#imgrc=-hh7VzcVS5T8zM

According to this map (assuming it's accurate?) Posul is pretty close (galactically speaking, of course. Even on a map like this, a small hop is actually a vast, vast distance) which if memory serves is the Mortifactors Homeworld?

Edit: Or on the other side is Felis, which is apparently White Panthers?

Also another question is:

What are we going to do about our armour?

It's all painted different with no uniformity and no Chapter Markings.

Are you thinking "False Flag"?

Interesting idea if so...I was starting to think the infiltration team would have to ditch their kit altogether and swap out for autoguns and shotguns with Holger doing all the legwork and the Astartes lending all the killing.

@MR - I wasn't really thinking of False Flag, although it is an idea.

I did have a thought when Lysimachus said that all would be revealed. I thought that maybe we all get lied to when we get our defaced armour back. Maybe Talek Varn has a locked personal vault on the Crag with a Company and a half's worth of different Chapter Pauldrons in it. Maybe he brought our ten with him together with ten knocked off DW Pauldrons and he gets us to repaint our armour Black and Silver?

Feel free to write something up if you like?

https://www.google.com/search?q=imperium+map&client=tablet-android-samsung-rev2&source=android-browser&prmd=imnxv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiO6PSk9fHyAhUsQEEAHUbXDLAQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=1098&bih=686#imgrc=-hh7VzcVS5T8zM

According to this map (assuming it's accurate?) Posul is pretty close (galactically speaking, of course. Even on a map like this, a small hop is actually a vast, vast distance) which if memory serves is the Mortifactors Homeworld?

Edit: Or on the other side is Felis, which is apparently White Panthers?

Cheers for the info - I think with between what you seem to be brewing and what MachineGod has said, I'll wait for any further reveal before posting.

What I do find intriguing is that the White Panthers and Mortifactors are virtually the same paint scheme (not heraldry of course) but it wouldn't be too hard to fudge something.

I just skimming this but you guys are sure a joy to watch!

I was planning to look up the Req for a Multi-key… but hey! Hello Combi-Plas!

Works for me on either team - especially when our infiltration team is apparently more of the “armed robbery” sort :p

I just skimming this but you guys are sure a joy to watch!

I was planning to look up the Req for a Multi-key…MELTA BOMB  but hey! Hello Combi-Plas!

Works for me on either team - especially when our infiltration team is apparently more of the “armed robbery” sort :tongue.:

FTFY.

Besides, a stethoscope is easy to come by.  If you can't crack a safe with that in one minute, Ryan Orphiel Gosling doesn't wanna know.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Commisar Molotov - I have updated the description a little bit at a time. I will fully update it when Draak introduces himself and takes his helmet off.

Thanks for your update - Draak specifically mentioned that his armour would stick out on Viorda Prime, seemingly suggesting that it would stick out more than any other member of the Iron Gods, and/or that it would be acceptable on Viorda Secundus. That was the root of my confusion.

If it's just the defaced Crux Terminatus, I'd assume that few within the Imperium would understand the intricacies and idiosyncracies of the various honour badges of the Astartes. I'm thinking here of the start of the Night Lords trilogy, when an Imperial Captain mistakes a Night Lords vessel for a loyal Astartes one; or the Helsreach novel, when an Imperial Guard officer cannot work out which of the Black Templars is Grimaldus.

Ultimately I think Lysimachus will need to give us some more details before we can come up with anything approaching a plan, so I'll hold off and wait before posting much.

Regarding my "purchase" - the Traveller will not attend the armouries of the Iron Gods, instead tinkering with his own bolter and trusting in his gear. I'll fluff the motion predictor as managing to get something working that previously wasn't.

Any Armoury posts (or if anyone else has anything to say based on Varn's briefing?) first.

My next update will then move us back aboard the Dagger and start travelling, and then you can start to strategise/split the team for their missions.

Thanks for your update - Draak specifically mentioned that his armour would stick out on Viorda Prime, seemingly suggesting that it would stick out more than any other member of the Iron Gods, and/or that it would be acceptable on Viorda Secundus. That was the root of my confusion.

If it's just the defaced Crux Terminatus, I'd assume that few within the Imperium would understand the intricacies and idiosyncracies of the various honour badges of the Astartes. I'm thinking here of the start of the Night Lords trilogy, when an Imperial Captain mistakes a Night Lords vessel for a loyal Astartes one; or the Helsreach novel, when an Imperial Guard officer cannot work out which of the Black Templars is Grimaldus.

@Commisar Molotov - I think that I was as Draak thinking about his armour appearing to other Astartes not normal Imperial Citizens, in that he doesn't really think about mortals anymore. That he'd stick out more on Viorda Prime than Secundus. I get that to most citizens that Astartes are legendary and that they don't know specifics. Draak could go to either planet, if he stayed in armour.