'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

If you Charge in, you get +10 on your WS Test to Hit, which will counter the -10 from fighting in the middle of the crowd.

So it should be a flat Test on your WS60.

If you Hit, you reverse the number to see where you Hit the Pit Fighter.

Then it's Damage (did you bring your Power Sword, I can't remember?) and he gets to try Dodging.

(Assuming you don't kill him outright, you might want the Bolt Pistol shot from Bolter Assault to finish him off?)

Edit: Also, just remembered we need a Dodge Roll (Target: Ag54 -10 =44) for Radago from Round 1 where the gang boss fired his Bolt Pistols at him?

Edited by Lysimachus

GM, why do you do this to me?

I am but a humble Player and servant of the story.

I was going to grapple this ganger and burn his Goddamned face off with my Grill-O-Matic Plasma Pistol, venting its billion degree steam, but now I feel for the guy.

*Le sigh*

Decisions.

Ok. I rolled a 35 for the dodge roll so pass with 0 DoS

I assume that means I didn’t get hit with the gun, but it was close so I can work that into my post.

I also made my attach against Pit fighter I. Since I didn’t specify that I brought the power sword I will just use my “chainsword” since I have the stats on my character sheet.

speaking of which. The chainsword says it is balanced and tearing. What does that mean? I rolled a 13 damage, so the pit fighter is down to 2 wounds unless tearing does additional damage.

let me know and I will update my post.

Edited by Ancient_Sobek

Still learning the rules myself, so don’t know balanced, but tearing means roll an extra d10 for damage and pick the highest.

In your case it looked like you rolled a 10, so can’t go higher. However a 10 on a damage roll triggers Righteous Fury which means roll an extra d10 damage and ad it on (as far as I am understand it).

Still learning the rules myself, so don’t know balanced, but tearing means roll an extra d10 for damage and pick the highest.

In your case it looked like you rolled a 10, so can’t go higher. However a 10 on a damage roll triggers Righteous Fury which means roll an extra d10 damage and ad it on (as far as I am understand it).

If you roll a 10 on 1 d10 then you can check to see if you can apply Righteous Fury. You have to roll to hit them again and if you pass then you can for more damage and a roll of a 10 on this damage repeats the process.

Iron Gods characters automatically pass Righteous Fury checks when fighting Agents of the Imperium - Sisters of Battle, Eclisiarchy Priests, Adeptus Arbites, Astartes etc.

Ah, thanks, forgot that bit. 

Lysimachus, do these guys count as Agents of the Imperium? if not I need to go and make a roll for the RF I got against Ganger C. Though he is likly still dead, just not as spectacularly.

Edited by Trokair

Plus you get to add your (unarmoured) Str Bonus of 10 to the Damage, for a total before RF of 23. Minus the Pit Fighter's Toughness Bonus of 8, that's a total of 15 Wounds. Which is enough to kill him if he fails his Dodge, even without RF!

So, while I think of it I'll roll his Dodge, which is... Ag40 +10(Dodge+10) - 10(Crowd) = 40, Roll: 48, Fail!

So Pit Fighter I is dead without even getting a chance to strike back! (Worth noting for your narrative, that would have been a successful Dodge except for the crowd!)

Pic added for Round 3.

Also @Tro: I don't know if that was a typo or autocorrect or deliberate pun to change 'Righteous' to 'Riotous'... but whichever it was, that's genius and in this Iron Gods game RF will now stand for 'Riotous Fury'. Much more appropriate! :laugh.:

Edit: Side point for Alpha, regarding Toks' decision to back out. You will need him on side (and preferably willingly). Maybe there is something you can say in response to his last comment (#765) that might make him want to help you again?

???

"We're out," he says flatly to the group. "Throne, but look at the mess you've made of each other! Mortals like us don't need to be in the middle of that, and we sure don't need them invading our home! How did they even know to find you here, that's what I can't figure out?"

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I posted there...? He's seen the destruction you and the Sisters have caused between you and decided he doesn't want any part of it.

But there is something he hasn't yet been told or figured out...

Somebody like Mol should post that the Sisters directed us to land at these co-ordinates. Add that it was in the hope that both parties would wipe each other out and that the Sister's arrived later to purge any survivors. Stuff like that should work

Also @Tro: I don't know if that was a typo or autocorrect or deliberate pun to change 'Righteous' to 'Riotous'... but whichever it was, that's genius and in this Iron Gods game RF will now stand for 'Riotous Fury'. Much more appropriate! :laugh.:

That’s definitely a massive typo on my part :facepalm:, (no doubt assisted by that daemon autocorrect).  

I assume Lysimachus wants us to leverage the emotional connection between Toks and the Palatine.

Pretty much this. Not that you even need to do that much work. If you just tell him someone at the Convent sent you here, he'll figure out who it was and leverage himself... :D

Looking t the map and Ganger G position I assume I am too far away to take him out in melee but to close to charge and get the bonus to hit, and even if how does the ladder play into this.

Ideally Brynjarr want to go up the ladder, push past the ganger and aim at Dex (so that he can command Dex to stop (and be ready to shoot one of his legs if Dex does not comply)).

Hmm, I guess climbing up the ladder and barging past is tricky with the guy stood at the top, likely to get your head stamped on...

Maybe it would be worth using your Bolter Assault Action this turn to shoot Ganger G, then in your regular Actions you could climb up to threaten Dex? (Or the other way round?)

Orphiel won't act this Round, but based on the fluff in Sobek's last post I'm guessing Radago might use a Run to barge through what's left of the crowd and climb the stairs? So once you're up there too, I suspect Dex might surrender and end the fight?

Nope, no rolls needed for Movement.

And rolled the Dodge for Ganger G, which failed, so he's out of the way too!

So if you either/both want to add anything to your posts showing you cornering Dex, feel free and I'll move us back into narrative time.