'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

OK, that's 3 (possibly 4?) in agreement with MG's suggestion. I'll also agree on behalf of Ithan, so either way that's a majority.

Feel free to post accordingly in the IC thread. Otherwise I'll post an update in the next couple of days.

OK, updates for both teams added.

@Mol: I wasn't sure if you meant the Traveller would actually ask questions or not, or what questions he wanted to ask, so I've put in a general response to being interrogated? But if there were any specific points you wanted to add, I'll go back and try to answer?

Damn, I made that way too easy, didn't I? Good flying though! :D

Edit: What I might do, if Tro is cool with it, is retroactively put a -20 to the tests due to the high winds? It won't change the outcome, as it will still be a net positive, but allows Beta to have a bit more fun with their fluff posts? A leisurely flight is narratively dull! :P

Edited by Lysimachus

@MG: I think Toks said the Sisters didn't typically use the Sally door, so even if she knew the code, it wouldn't be at the front of her mind? Plus Draak's meal was 4.5+ hours ago, so according to the crb any benefits he gained would be starting to fade by now?

The Traveller is quite right that Ithan can reveal more about opening the door... unfortunately that's currently me too... :D

I'll work up something showing what he finds.

Would anyone like to roll the Tech Use test (Ithan's Int49 +10 Electro-graft Use) or I'm happy to do it myself?

numbers updated, 3 pass, 2 fail, net 0 DoS, so still ok, just.

@Trokair - Nice rolls. Though Lysimachus did say a positive result is good and Zero isn't really a positive.

@MG: I think Toks said the Sisters didn't typically use the Sally door, so even if she knew the code, it wouldn't be at the front of her mind? Plus Draak's meal was 4.5+ hours ago, so according to the crb any benefits he gained would be starting to fade by now?

@Lysimachus - That's understandable, but it was worth a try. I'm near my dice now so I will be able to post something up that I was working through in my noggin anyway.

Ithan should get +10 to the roll for his Bionic Arm and any Tech Use pluses he may have. Draak can get a 64%, but Ithan should be more.

(Edit: Note about Ithan)

Edited by Machine God

Ah, but I said Brynjarr starts at 1, so 0+/- means he ends on 1 too! ;)

Good point re Ithan's Bionic Arm, so a total of 69 needed (Xin didn't take any boosts to Tech-Use at creation). Come to think of it, because Draak has Tech-Use he could add another +10 for an Assist, so target of 79?

You don't need to write anything for Ithan's actions though, I just wondered if it was appropriate for me to do the roll as GM or better for a player to do it? (Though of course if Draak does help, you can write from his PoV)

numbers updated, 3 pass, 2 fail, net 0 DoS, so still ok, just.

@Trokair - Nice rolls. Though Lysimachus did say a positive result is good and Zero isn't really a positive.

I did have a moment of panic when I edited to apply the -20 for wind, until I reread the original requirement, so phew, no crashing today.  

You are right if it was just DoS that counted that would have gone bad.

Good point re Ithan's Bionic Arm, so a total of 69 needed (Xin didn't take any boosts to Tech-Use at creation). Come to think of it, because Draak has Tech-Use he could add another +10 for an Assist, so target of 79?

@Lysimachus - But hopefully Xin did take Tech Use for Ithan at Trained, because Tech Use is an Advanced Skill.

A question regarding the puzzle: does the second set of numbers indicate only that there was a correctly guessed value or that both the value and position in the string were correct (or incorrect as the case may be)?

Edit: And does the color of the readout hold any significance, or was that just an artistic choice (for the single column of values)?

Edited by Necronaut

@MG: I know exactly what you mean! :P

@Necro:

Yup, green means right place, orange is right number but wrong place, red is just plain wrong!

So, to give a clearer idea of what the pics mean:

4 6 3 1 (1 right, wrong place)

9 4 7 2 (2 right, wrong place)

1 6 8 9 (1 right, right place)

0 1 8 2 (0 right)

3 1 6 5 (2 right, wrong place)

? ? ? ?

I suspect that one may catch people with poor colour vision :p

My guess

7 3 5 9

6 eliminated as it can't be both right and wrong in the same spot (1st and 2nd line)

0, 1, 2, and 8 eliminated by 4th line

9 locked in at spot 4 - only possibility for 3th line

3 and 5 confirmed by remaining values on 5th line

4 eliminated by line 1, as 3 is correct

3 locked in at spot 2 - only remaining possibility

7 locked in at spot 1 - only remaining possibility

...and the remaining value 5 at the remaining slot 3.

@MG: I know exactly what you mean! :tongue.:

@Necro:

Yup, green means right place, orange is right number but wrong place, red is just plain wrong!

So, to give a clearer idea of what the pics mean:

4 6 3 1 (1 right, wrong place)

9 4 7 2 (2 right, wrong place)

0 1 8 2 (0 right)

3 1 6 5 (2 right, wrong place)

? ? ? ?

Ah, I had the numbers but not the order. On acount of the different shades of orange I did not catch onto that. Think i have it now.

I relay like these puzzels you are throwing in for us players.