'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I'm glad we've got number-crunchy brains on board, my solution to that puzzle went something like this (abridged):

"Uh, 1, 9, 6, 8...minus 2, carry the 7, uh...equals plasma pistol."

Well I wasn't even going to bother. I was thinking Ithan's got a Servo-Arm with 75 Str and Unnatural Strength...

Just a clarification for the Group and GM.

When Draak speaks to the party on squad vox its with a + at each end, when he speaks normally to others its in "speech marks."

When Draak use the ~Wavy Line symbols~ he is talking to Eisen the Machine Spirit of his armour and he sub-vocalises in Medusan Cant.

Just a clarification for the Group and GM.

When Draak speaks to the party on squad vox its with a + at each end, when he speaks normally to others its in "speech marks."

When Draak use the ~Wavy Line symbols~ he is talking to Eisen the Machine Spirit of his armour and he sub-vocalises in Medusan Cant.

Don't give it all away!! :P

It's a helpful clarification, thanks! :)

I think most of us use " " if our character is speaking aloud so anyone can hear.

+ + for squad vox, so only team members can hear.

I think most use italics for thoughts/internal monologues, but I don't know if Draak is speaking in his head or actually speaking aloud (but just not projecting it outside of his helmet) when he talks to Eisen, so ~ ~ is a good option!

Finally had a less busy week, so placeholder filled.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5764605

Also realized that while I had written the fluff for these to place holders I had not actually updated the posts, sorry, now done as well.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5762539

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5763728

Lysimachus, is Holger with us in the shuttle or did he stay with the crew? Wasn’t sure, and as he clearly is more than mortal, and has tech skill he might be useful in what is to come.

Very nice indeed!

Re: Holger, it's up to you guys! I wasn't sure from Mazer's post whether he was left behind or not... I guess it might be wise to have him with you, as he can Pilot if Brynjarr needs to disembark?

I'll try to get a bit of an update up for Beta later this evening.

Edited by Lysimachus

Re: Holger, it's up to you guys! I wasn't sure from Mazer's post whether he was left behind or not...

I hadn't spared the "Spy" a thought...maybe he can be strapped in somewhere - possibly in the cockpit with Brynjarr.  Maybe backseat driving? :happy.:

I got 3 DoS so if people need Decimus to drag them clear let me know and I can edit my post.

@BC - Decimus really got 4 DoS because the -10 for Armour should not have been applied. That's for manual dexterity and not for running all out.

(Edit: Typo)

Edited by Machine God

@MG: Nah, Decimus' armour history is the Iron Greaves, extra AV but -10 Ag.

@Tro: I guess you might be able to find somewhere to set down beyond the lip of the crater, feel free to roll either/both of those tests!

I'll hold off on answering for Holger until Mazer and Sobek have had a chance to post, but basically vox will be heavily affected by the metallic elements in the storm, so you'd have to be very close to get a signal from one point to another (approaching the pad, if not on it!)

As to access, the facility is set into the side of the crater, so the only way in is through the main gate… or I suppose if you're coming down from above, possibly the control room window? But if you land above the crater, you'd have to figure out a way down what is a very steep (almost vertical) slope?

Good call, if it can that solves half our problems.

I have done my rolls (see below) as far as I can, will put them in the post with some relevant fluff once I am sure that all is A OK, as right now there may be some missing info/modifers and what not. 

Awareness test (Sight)

Per : 40/60 (not sure if suit enhancment count here) + 10 (Space Marine organs) - ?? (external conditions) = 50/70

D100: 28, Pass probably  

Tech Test (to use shuttle sensors)

Int : 40 + 20 (assumed assist from the other two) = 60

D100: 73 Fail probably

Cool, Per test would indeed be a Pass and Tech-Use a Fail.

(Edit: Could use autosenses for +20, but -20 for atmospheric conditions, so target of 50.)

But also yep, the shuttle would be able to hover in place, and as it would presumably(?) come below the lip of the crater it would be sheltered from the worst of the storm winds.

Edited by Lysimachus

As amusing as this sounds...

drop pod assault sans pod

...I am sure there should be some cable/rappeling wire in the hold.

So, if that's the plan, question to think about is: are you aiming for the pad (safer, bigger target but then you've got to figure out a way through the blast door) or through the window (harder target to hit, but not as hard to actually break through)

Made Ithan's Roll, 1 more DoS to go around!

I think Draak needs 1DoS donated which would be enough to change his Roll from a Fail to a Success, if anyone wants to add that to their post?

But then we've still got 5DoS spare and only the Traveller, Odysseus and Vesalius to go!

Edit: can't count...

Edited by Lysimachus