'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I think Necro put a placeholder in on the last page, but no rolls yet? Don't worry though, I'll make sure it's counted before we get into any more fights!

From a few pages back, but quoting to be helpful:

The Traveller suffered 8 Wounds.

Ithan suffered 6 Wounds. 

Svelk suffered 7 Wounds. 

Decimus suffered 11 Wounds.

And @Beta: don't feel like you have to pause because I'm getting Alpha going again, I should be good to keep both moving. So keep asking questions, even the same ones if you think Dex hasn't given you a complete answer!

Did our friendly squad apothecary heal us?  Because Decimus certainly needs it before we invade a sisters of battle fortress.

Sorry for my absence, Plunderers. It has been a rough couple of weeks. And yes your friendly squad apothecary has done his best.

Placeholders filled:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5754728

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5758198

Edited by Necronaut

Awesome stuff!

Quick question, would the Traveller's Path still apply for +5 to all Tests, as that would be just enough to make Ithan's test a Pass?

Also, I think you heal 5 (Int Bonus) + 1d5 (Enhanced Healing) and then Narthecium doubles it? (Or does it just double your Int Bonus, then plus the 1d5? Either way, should be enough to restore everyone to full health?)

Anyway, I think everyone seems to be in agreement as to where you're going next, so I'll update later today!

Hah, yeah I suppose it could be taken that way...

I was more picturing him with short hair (military style) and his clothes as typically 40k/19th Century? (Long coat being more like a frock coat than a robe) if that helps Beta imagine him better?

Awesome stuff!

Quick question, would the Traveller's Path still apply for +5 to all Tests, as that would be just enough to make Ithan's test a Pass?

Also, I think you heal 5 (Int Bonus) + 1d5 (Enhanced Healing) and then Narthecium doubles it? (Or does it just double your Int Bonus, then plus the 1d5? Either way, should be enough to restore everyone to full health?)

Anyway, I think everyone seems to be in agreement as to where you're going next, so I'll update later today!

Post edited. And I forgot about the 2x healing from the narthecium!

Hah, yeah I suppose it could be taken that way...

I was more picturing him with short hair (military style) and his clothes as typically 40k/19th Century? (Long coat being more like a frock coat than a robe) if that helps Beta imagine him better?

So we have gone from Gandalf (Gulp!) to Eisenhorn (Eeek!).

Apologies all around for (a) not being in touch and (b) derailing this thread as way to reach most of you fine people in the most time effective manner possible…

We have currently reached  a point at work  where  we are not only stretched thin  but you can almost hear the fabric tearing….

While I am trying to keep an eye on the B&C and the hobby for some needed escapism alone, I feel I have to step back and accept that I simply can not contribute to any hobby projects in any structured / meaningful way at the moment / until further notice. 

I’ll try to be in touch as much as I can but I can’t say this isn’t a really a moment of total messed upism to me  :( 

I vote to take the shuttle to a closer point to the Convent but out of the 50 km radius of coverage. Land and then running to the Convent.

That way we do not leave the shuttle to get destroyed by the Sisters of Battle that survive Rolling Rocks.

Edited by Machine God

Hope all is as well as possible, Xin.

MG: My instinct was to have the Astartes travel on foot, reasoning that it was the easiest way to avoid detection and that it shouldn't be particularly difficult for Space Marines. I hadn't considered the safety of the shuttle, though.

Sorry to hear that, Xin. As always, real life has to come first, even when we'd prefer it didn't!

If you're OK with it, I'll keep Ithan on board and use him as a NPC? That way, if things change for the better, you'll be able (and very welcome) to jump back in? Or even as a one-off, if you happen to look in and something has happened in the game that makes you feel inspired to add a post, feel free?

As to MG's 4th option, that's a good idea I hadn't considered! :D

Re-reading my post, my post reads a bit overdramatic in my attempt to put out that information

My family and I are all right, so please do not worry too much. Workload and conditions have taken a steady turn for the worst over the last couple of weeks and there are some developments that could go either way over the next months ….

So I am trying to break the cycle here by not just trying to just push through it but sorting things out first instead first.

I am deliberately trying not to worry too much about that and not to let myself get even more frustrated by constantly having to leave you guys hanging…. I feel I taxed everyone’s patience enough over the last year in particular…

Totally my problem, I know but still…

So you might take it as a good sign that I am deciding to take it slow and not try to tackle everything at once this time

Glad to hear the family is well.  This is the right way of going about it Xin.

Smooth and steady wins the race buddy. :thumbsup:

Since you're occupied however, I am of course now free to create my greatest character EVAR!  Axey McSlaughterchop, the hairless, heartless Murder Hobo. :cool.:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Re-reading my post, my post reads a bit overdramatic in my attempt to put out that information

My family and I are all right, so please do not worry too much. Workload and conditions have taken a steady turn for the worst over the last couple of weeks and there are some developments that could go either way over the next months ….

So I am trying to break the cycle here by not just trying to just push through it but sorting things out first instead first.

I am deliberately trying not to worry too much about that and not to let myself get even more frustrated by constantly having to leave you guys hanging…. I feel I taxed everyone’s patience enough over the last year in particular…

Totally my problem, I know but still…

So you might take it as a good sign that I am deciding to take it slow and not try to tackle everything at once this time

Glad to hear the family is well.  This is the right way of going about it Xin.

Smooth and steady wins the race buddy. :thumbsup:

Since you're occupied however, I am of course now free to create my greatest character EVAR!  Axey McSlaughterchop, the hairless, heartless Murder Hobo. :cool.:

Radago has that trope covered already… :biggrin.:

@Alpha: I think(?) based on comments here, or IC posts, we've got a general agreement with MG's suggestion of fly then walk?

So, unless anyone has further ideas or discussion, I'll update later today?

@Beta: Anything else you want to ask Achard for?

We will want to ask for our amour I would think, but as we don’t currently have a landing pad I am not sure how he can get that down to us yet.

One of you returns back the space port and flies the shuttle back to pick up your armour and then lands at Dex's landing pad. Perhaps?

+Although I never said that as I'm not here right!+

As MG says, Dex has a pad you can use?

And the Dagger has another shuttle aboard (much like the one Alpha is using) and crew available to pilot it down to you.

The reason you didn't use it to start with was that Holger knew you would have a better chance of getting planetside without it, plus it's another way for someone to track the team? Also, at the start you didn't know where (or if) you could safely and secretly land it?

But now it seems that using it might be necessary to achieve your goal? Risky, but as you said it might mean you can bring in some... heavier... equipment? B)

All true, but has the intermigration has not yet ended, (we have at least one more question maybe two) I did not want to move to much further until the others had a chance to ask anything else they might have thought of as worth asking, potentially with the scans in hand if the Captain can get them to us in a shortish timeframe.

If you need us to I can throw up a post asking the captain to ready the shuttle and so on and hold of sending it until we know the landing site is actually secure.