Knightfall | Indomitus (2021/2022)

TheOneTrueZon

Brethren, my skills will be tested. My neophyte saw fit to raid my workbench and take the cork mounted head of the EC to some unknown location. After much interrogation it is safe to say that it is lost to the void.

Time to find a suitable replacement before the end of the month.

Official tallies will be updated and reveal of the failure badge will be posted tomorrow.

You know what, let's do this! I have a public holiday this week, it's time to finish one more model.

VOW IV

I, Dangerman, hereby vow the following force of Redemptor Dreadnought (185 pts) - with maximum BRRRRT - to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte (technically Initiate), and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_46568_16818_39897.jpg

The statistics showing an upswing in performance in the campaign.  Painting is moving along.  We're nearly at 50% of all vows completed.

I realize we're not supposed to chatter too much in the thread, but I think it's interesting to comment (moderator feel free to clamp down if necessary).

Anyway, not exactly sure how I wound up in this situation so easily -- (short version: My son was home from college (sophomore) during December holiday break, we went to a game shop to look for D&D books -- his forte -- and I browsed the GW shelf to find a surprise -- BT was back on the shelf -- it had been years since I saw that. Fast forward a few days-- unearthed the old boxes I stored in 2016, paint, tools and unfinished plastic models in progress, re-join B&C -- itself another adventure to prove my identity since I had forgotten my username -- to this day -- under pressure to keep vow).

We may not be able to play F2F as much, but the models and lore and such are still interesting.   I hope all of my colleagues here strive towards making a good showing in the Indomitus 2021/2022 campaign.  If we can crack the 50% threshold that would be very honorable.  True to form for typical BT Crusades.   Time to re-read verses from Crusade for Armageddon before I sit at the paint:

"Brothers, this is not the end.  This victory is but the beginning of a new day for Armageddon and for the Black Templars of the Solemnus Crusade...."

I'm home sick, so I have time to knock this out after the arduous Crusade to complete my Vanguard Vets.

chapter master

I, Templargdt, hereby vow the following force of one Black Templars Primaris Chapter Master with Plasma Pistol and Master Crafted Power Sword (Points value of 130)  to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Just to make sure I have my time frame correct:

Rules say cut off is midnight on jan 31st pacific time. That means jan 30th is the last day to post completions, or did you mean feb 1st at midnight, allowing completions on the 31st?

Just to make sure I have my time frame correct:

Rules say cut off is midnight on jan 31st pacific time. That means jan 30th is the last day to post completions, or did you mean feb 1st at midnight, allowing completions on the 31st?

1200am 31st would be mean 30th cut off, midnight 31st means all of the 31st is available for Completions :tu:

12 am on the 31st is midnight though. If we have the 31st to post completions, then the cutoff would be midnight, Feb 1st, as the clock goes from 11:59 to 12:00.

So, I guess to make the question more simple, can completions be posted on the 31st, up until the roll over to feb?

12 am on the 31st is midnight though. If we have the 31st to post completions, then the cutoff would be midnight, Feb 1st, as the clock goes from 11:59 to 12:00.

So, I guess to make the question more simple, can completions be posted on the 31st, up until the roll over to feb?

You are using 12am. The statement is

• On Monday January 31 at midnight Pacific time zone (UTS-8) the event will be closed and the final tally shall be made.

this is clearly intended to mean the night-time of the 31st (this is how every event on the B&C that I can recall has worked). Completions up to 11:59pm on the 31st will be accepted....

I think I'm going to have take a vow failure on this. Massive storm outside, the Redemptor isn't primed, and as much as I love the lore and rules, each mini I've painted has felt like a slog through mud. I'm going to finish the Crusaders to use as a kill-team, but that's going to be it for me. I'll probably do up the Redemptor and Helbrecht in my DIY chapter colors for when I run them counts-as BT.

Update on my end:

Got the Marshall done, working on finishing the Chaplains now.

I won't be able to have a "group shot" of all the models, as the Emperor's Champion is at my FLGS which is closed because of the blizzard that happened yesterday