Knightfall | Indomitus (2021/2022)

TheOneTrueZon

No, it just becomes a gamble the later you leave them. As even if you complete many, but fail the last, you must still carry the failed badge.

Ironically, I suppose that means you could feasibly end up with both a failure badge and a prize badge if your earlier successes win a prize?

I've sat out for too long

I, Reinhard, hereby vow the following force of models to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

1. Primaris Marshal with master-crafted power sword, plasma pistol and brandishing the skull of cacodominus (95 pts)

2. Primaris Castellan with master crafted power sword, neo-volkite pistol and storm shield (90 pts)

gallery_65134_15160_166087.jpg

3. Primaris Sword brethren squad containing six sword brethren, armed with 4 power swords, 1 power maul and 1 power axe, 2 pyre pistols (160 pts) (only listing the weapons increasing the cost)

gallery_65134_15160_232454.jpg

The eagle eyed observer may have noticed a bit or two missing from the second picture, which is because I'm mixing bits between all the crusade squad sword brethren I have and the dedicated sword brethren kit, and I haven't quite figured out which ones will work out with the setup i'm doing yet, and I'm loathe to remove more bits from the sprues than I need to. The sub assemblies are already complicated enough as is.

Edited by Reinhard

Can I pledge my DiY chapter? It's a Crusading Crusading aswell;)

I will be using Templar bits.

I think the Knights Tempest are about as far as I'd be willing to stretch the umbrella of Templar sanction. Your outstanding service to this forum deserves it's rewards. Be sure there's enough black mixed in there to show it's more BT in nature than IF successor. Pledge on brethren.

That's unfortunate. I've been enticed by the models but not as Black Templars.

Quick update on progress, Been mostly focused on characters pretty much finished just needs some transfers and maybe a bit of weathering. 

Wasn't a big fan of the emperors champions pose nor his plain jane look; swapped head out with a more fitting chunky crusader helm, reposed the sword, gave him a crux terminatus and Iron Halo to represent his 4++, added MkIII shoulder pads to make the armour feel like it is more of a relic. I'm sure I will still build and paint a stock one at some point. 

Primaris Chaplain on Bike

Zark   Primaris Chaplain On Bike

Primaris Emperors Champion

Emperors Champion   Front

Emperors Champion   Back

Emperors Champion   Over Shoulder

Now to tackle the Crusader Squad, I have been putting it off long enough.

Can I pledge my DiY chapter? It's a Crusading Crusading aswell;)

I will be using Templar bits.

I think the Knights Tempest are about as far as I'd be willing to stretch the umbrella of Templar sanction. Your outstanding service to this forum deserves it's rewards. Be sure there's enough black mixed in there to show it's more BT in nature than IF successor. Pledge on brethren.

That's unfortunate. I've been enticed by the models but not as Black Templars.

Oh and how I would love to see what you would to do them. But if they're not directly related to Templars within the scope of this particular forum, I look forward to seeing our models pop up in your illustrious thread over in WIPs.

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

Hello, my name is the inquisitoir/quiz/qz/z... a former GW box collector (because I never seem to get anything done). 

After a long hiatus, the BT release was like an unavoidable tendril from the voracious GW maw that is drawing me back into the depths!  :smile.:

Got the boxed set, and then found this thread!  I was hooked at "purge the unpainted", so much that I joined so I could participate. 

I still don't get how to post pics here (there's a 'part 2' on how to post, but ??? part 1),

Vow as it stands:  1 EC, 1 Marshall, 1 Primaris crusader sqaud, 1 redemptor dred.  I, Quiz, am going to *try* to finally get something *actually* finished. 

Anything else I need to do to participate?

Oh, 1 question:  will there be a 2002-23 version of this crusade, to suffer not the unbuilt collection? 

=][=

Edit:  Finally had some time to figured this out... pic posted below. 

Great suggestion on battlescribe- used quartermaster before, this is much easier.

points for challenge: 

Primaris captain (marshal)-  plas pistol/axe:  95

EC:  100

Primaris crusader sqd:  193

Redemptor dred:  175

BT Box O grey heresy

Edited by The Inquisitor

If you're on a computer, you could just upload the pictures you want to use to your member gallery, then go to your picture, and from there you can then just copy past it into the post as you make it. There are other ways, but that's the easiest.

As for your vow, you need to provide points cost for your models, which will depend a bit on their armaments.

As for your vow, you need to provide points cost for your models, which will depend a bit on their armaments.

Just remember the B&C rule about point values:

No excessive points values in army lists or discussions

This means that you may not post Army Builder print outs (or those from similar products) or fully detailed points/stats for your army lists. Keep it simple, such as "Chapter Master; Terminator armour, storm bolter, thunder hammer; 285 pts" or similar.

Did some painting today, focusing on the Castellan & Marshal, then it dawned on me, do we need to make WIP shots? Or, that might have been an ETL rule that I'm remembering.

At any rate, figured both of these models will be finished or close to finished after one more sizeable hobby session, especially the castellan, so here's a WIP before its too late.

med_gallery_65134_15160_33513.jpg

Atrocious photo conditions, but it shows them clearly not being done yet

Edited by Reinhard

Yes, this is the prefect challenge to get me out of a painting funk I'm currently in.

Two quick questions.
I have a couple of models where I mask off the tabards/capes that have been wraithbone undercoated, so I can apply the chaos black undercoat. Are these ok to submit as they're technically undercoats that I just mask off the parts I want to keep white?
Two I started to airbrush the red undercoar on the tabard/cape and that is the only thing applied, are these ok? For Example the marshal from the launch box is prepared in the same manner (masking off white undercoat) but the underside of the cape has had red airbrushed on it and that is the only treatment beyond undercoats.

I, Opprobrium, hereby vow this Emperor's Champion (100 points) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

med_gallery_263013_17221_421194.jpg

I, Sibomotus (sibo), hereby vow the following force of  Primaris Crusader Squad / 10 Units, to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Detail:

Primaris Crusader Squad [10 PL, 186pts]
Parts Detail:  (Space Marines 10 unit kit + GW Black Templar Upgrade bits Kit)

sibomots Vow 10PL 186pts resized

(Edited per rules and template requirements.  I missed the template (was dark grey and old-eyes just didn't see it.  Mea Culpa); I removed verbosity)
Edited by sibo

For the purposes of the event, the Primaris Crusader Squad and Emperor's Champion are done (they're only my version  of "tabletop standard", but if I keep focusing on them, I won't finish the other four models before the event ends :laugh.:)

JlGyMlJ.jpg

s46IYT6.jpg

KeZg3NP.jpg

2NEqBLw.jpg

xCwl8Ai.jpg

Go4Gdl0.jpg

Annoyingly, the light from my spray booth washes out all the highlights when taking a picture with my camera, but not when I'm actively looking at them in the flesh

Also yes, there's not going to be bases for a lot of these. I'm waiting on some 3D printed bases to finish my Templars.

Edited by Gederas

Annoyingly, the light from my spray booth washes out all the highlights when taking a picture with my camera, but not when I'm actively looking at them in the flesh

Black is always a tricky subject to capture on digital images. Diffused and bounce lighting are your friends, however for many who don't have their own lights for photos and are relying on phone flashes or ambient lighting, this can be hard to attain without some creativity. I have found that any piece of opaque white plexi (easy get for cheap from just about any hardware store) can be easily superglued into a miniature light box and used outdoors on a sunny day for great results. I know most don't want to go that far, but in case you wanted to know a solution to getting more painting detail from your images, there ya go.

When I take pictures, I use a piece of printer paper that I cut and glued into a quasi-box-corner. I then just point two desk lamps from either side into there with the mini(s) in the box. I take the picture from about 12" away, no flash. I've never had an issue with my highlights not showing up. Very cheap way to make a lightbox.

I, Dangerman, hereby vow the following force of a Bladeguard Ancient (85pts) and 'Classic' Marshal (100pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_46568_16818_327872.jpg