Knightfall | Indomitus (2021/2022)

TheOneTrueZon

I would love your recipie for these skin tones!

Sure!

Both start from a primer of Wraithbone. The right is Rhinox Hide base, Druchii Violet shade, layer of Rhinox Hide+Knight Questor Flesh (1:2 ratio), then Knight Questor Flesh as the final highlight.

The left is Rhinox Hide+Tallarn Sand (1:1 ratio), then a thinned (with water) Guilliman Flesh contrast, layer up up Rhinox Hide+Tallarn Sand (3:1) and progressively add more Tallarn Sand until it's roughly 1:3 Rhinox Hide+Tallarn sand.

I, Crom's Will, hereby vow the following force of the Emperor's Champion to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.
med_gallery_93773_17233_413868.jpg

I, Brother Kraskor, hereby vow this Judiciar to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January. I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance. No pity, no remorse, no fear!

thumbnail IMG 9336

Question for you: is there a specific visual difference or something to distinguish between a Marshall and a Castellan, and a Castellen compared to a Sword Brother?

Not really. A Castellan could wear Sword Brother colours, or a white pad to show the exemplar colours, or gold trim.

That's kind of the beauty of it. The new Marshal for instance, could be played as either a Castellan or Marshal if you choose the combi-flamer axe loadout.

30 day progress report:

Intercessors w/BR

BR Intercessors

Intercessors w/SBR

SBR Intercessors

Hellblasters w/PI

Hellblasters W Plasma Incinerators

Hellblasters w/HPI

HPI Hellblasters

Reivers

Reivers

Infiltrators

Infiltrators

I had hoped to get the Primarus Crusader squad done this weekend, but I hit a few snags (does anyone else have a problem with the left arm falling off the SB w/power sword?). So, 39 Infantry to show for a month's work (to be fair, if I didn't have to recover from Nurgle's new infection, I might have made more progress). So ends the first 30. Onwards to the next!

You know, it's a good thing I didn't vow the Redemptor from the Launch box :lol:

My upgrade set from Liber Daemonica came in and they sent two of the top plates for the right side, so I have to wait for them to send a left-side plate to finish it :rolleyes:

Well, the actual vow I'm painting are coming along fine though, so that's good

My vow is complete*! Behold Brother-Penitent Gregor:

thumbnail IMG 9344

thumbnail IMG 9345

thumbnail IMG 9346

*my Vow was only very measly, however my circumstances have changed and now permit more hobby. Therefore I will be expanding my Vow soon enough...!

I have an important (at least to me!) question to the organiser(s). The second item in the event's rules stipulates that "A vow can be of any size, composition and loadout that has a valid datasheet." I would like to paint my OOP non-Primaris Helbrecht and non-Primaris Grimaldus (I believe that they do not have a valid datasheet). Is there an option for me to so? For example, could I just pledge them nonetheless under special conditions, as out-of-competition entries (disregarding the point costs) or use the old, pre-supplement datasheets?

Honestly, just enter them as they are. They're proper legacy models for the same characters now in plastic. Is anyone really gonna be concerned that Helbrecht's base is much smaller, or is missing the thralls? Or that the models themselves are somewhat smaller so technically have a minimally less space to cover with paint? Old Grimaldus still has a three man retinue.

I just don't see an issue with accepting either model as "Helbrecht" or "Grimaldus"

For example, could I just pledge them nonetheless under special conditions, as out-of-competition entries (disregarding the point costs) or use the old, pre-supplement datasheets?

They have proper datasheets, they're just in limbo because they haven't been swept into Legacy form, correct? Be it OG or Primaris, go back on edition and call that the valid sheet until GW gives us something else.

73497104.jpg

Is any else still "Pending" on Grimaldus, Helbrecht, and/or Chapter Upgrade from pre-order weekend?

Put in a big order with some friends that included those, still waiting on it. Quite lame, but global situations being what they are, what can one do?

Is any else still "Pending" on Grimaldus, Helbrecht, and/or Chapter Upgrade from pre-order weekend?

Put in a big order with some friends that included those, still waiting on it. Quite lame, but global situations being what they are, what can one do?

Hmm, ordered one of the firstborn chaplains and the red gobbo for my daughter sunday, it was delivered at ups on moonday but still pending...

Hopefully just very busy circumstances.

Edited by Brother Carpenter

I extend my vow to include... 10 Crusaders and the High Marshal himself:

You don't extend vows brother, you must vow anew. Although, I may have missed it, but I can't see where you made your first vow, but I can see you completed it.

+ Ah, I did miss it, as I think did Zon, who needs to add it to the first post.+

Edited by Brother Adelard