Knightfall | Indomitus (2021/2022)

TheOneTrueZon

Vow 2 is completed 

20211223_231821.jpg
Tried some new things , learned some new things , moving on to Vow 3

I, Lord Blackwood, hereby vow the following force of models to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

20211223_172905.jpg?width=748&height=337

High Marshall Helbrecht 
Primaris Master of the Forge 
Bladeguard Veterans  x 5 
Judiciar w Aurillan Shroud 
Vanguard Veteran Squad x 5  Jump packs 5xStormshields 4 Lightning Claws and 1 Thunderhammer 

Points of vow 3  679

I, SlimothyJ, hereby vow the following force of a Phobos Captain, Reiver Lieutenant, Invictor Warsuit, and Eliminator Squad totalling 405 points to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

YwkgSoR.png

I, SlimothyJ, vow that my Phobos Marshal (95), Reiver Castellan (75), Invictor Tactical Warsuit (160) and Eliminator Squad (75) will be complete by the end of January 2022, for a total of 405pts. I've been putting this Tactical Suit off for like a year and it's a shame for such a cool unit to sit by unpainted. Should I fail in this vow, I shall bear my mark of shame. 

Thank you for giving me this initiative, brother.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Edited by SlimothyJ

I, Brother Carpenter, hereby vow the following force to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

1 Terinator Chaplain with storm bolter and crozius 95 points

med_gallery_104822_14410_862191.jpg

I, Brother Carpenter, hereby vow the following force to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

1 Terinator Chaplain with storm bolter and crozius 95 points

Serious props on that model, love seeing OG termies popping up.

So I think I missed the fine print.

A model that has already been glued together, and maybe primed can be the beginning of a vow?

If so, heh, heh,  I got a Crusader worthy assembled and de-burred  Titan in a box ready to prime... 

Except that I assembled it about 5 years ago during 8E Black Templar era.   

I better get my current vow #1 completed soon!  I don't think I'll have time to get to vow #2 if there is one.

I haven't lifted a brush to a model in a very long time.

But anyway -- please clarify if I misunderstood...  Assembled even primed models can be the starting point?  I started vow #1 with parts-in-sprue to be on the safe side.

Update:  I've rescanned the thread and I asked the question in error.  Primed seemed to be OK.  My mistake.  Disregard.

Edit: Just testing time-zone setting. Disregard.

Edited by sibo

Be it known that after many an hour, three heavy metal brothers join the Eternal Crusade!

Vow 1 complete!

DJ0WD97.jpg

Onto vow 2:

Furthermore, upon earlier approval, I hereby vow to paint a metal High Marshal Helbrecht - an equivalent of 160 points - to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

PnsM7Rm.jpg

I, Dangerman, hereby vow the following force of a Bladeguard Ancient (85pts) and 'Classic' Marshal (100pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_46568_16818_327872.jpg

My vow is complete...

gallery_46568_16818_50239.jpggallery_46568_16818_155703.jpg

Honestly haven't painted a model in about 2 years, and haven't really played in that time either, so starting small with a single Marshal. Anyways:

I, ronin_cse, hereby vow the following force of a Marshall (100 pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

IMG-0458.jpg

VOW II

I, Dangerman, hereby vow the following force of High Marshall Helbrecht (160 pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_46568_16818_334.jpg

++ Hey all, I've been working a lot of nights and haven't a lot of time to go through and update the vows, however this will be rectified shortly. Keep it up and best of luck to all your painting endeavors! ++

...also...

++ FAILURE BANNERS WILL BE REVEALED SOON TO INSPIRE US WHO ARE DRAGGING (me included) ++

edit: spelling

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

++ FAILURE BANNERS WILL BE REVELAED SOON TO INSPIRE US WHO ARE DRAGGING (me included) ++

Message received.   Arthritis be damned!   What is the phrase -- The Crusade is Eternal.   

I'm actually epically stoked on getting my vow completed.   Every BT should make a vow, IMHO.  Thank you for your hard work in wrangling the event.

I'm nearly finished on my vow, just have the Primaris Marshal to finish outside of highlights and some cleanup and the Chaplains to do.

Bad news: I've lost the base for the Marshal, the one that's specific for his leg pose. So that's fun.... :lol:

Nearly done too, but waiting on paints because the tabards are all too dull looking. Think it'll be my only vow, as the next few characters I'm planning on taking my sweet time with...

I'm nearly finished on my vow, just have the Primaris Marshal to finish outside of highlights and some cleanup and the Chaplains to do.

Bad news: I've lost the base for the Marshal, the one that's specific for his leg pose. So that's fun.... :laugh.:

Improvise something? One brother did a cool kitbash with that limited sergeant from recently. At worst you could probalby get away with some rocks and sand.

Vow Complete!

Marshal and Castellan:

gallery_65134_15160_223207.jpg

Sword Brethren:

gallery_65134_15160_349255.jpg

Note that the third (old sword brother) and seventh (other castellan) models not actually part of the vow. Thus the fact that I completely forgot to finish the lantern on the not included castellan has no bearing on the validity of the completion status of this vow. :tongue.: I swear I'm not the disorganized sort...

Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable making a second vow given the time logistics left. Also Grimmy is already far too gone to be viable for vowing...