Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II - Q3/Q4 2024

Titus is back, hell yeah.  Primaris Titus, in 2nd co colours....Sicarius isnt getting his company back!  Cant wait for this....a sequel to just about the best space marine game ever, thankyou very much.

If we must talk about continuity/canon, he got side-promoted to captain of the Vitrix Guard :smile.:

Oh yeah, dont get me wrong, Im a huge Cato Sicarius fan, Ive got all of the model incarnations of him and have a 2nd company among my many marine collections.  I think the Victrix Guard is definitely a step on his path to eventual chapter master when the big M finally succumbs!

Plus also Im an idiot, he is in Lieutenant colours

Edited by beefeb

So stoked this is coming out! The opening cinematic with the thunder hawks with CRISPY!

Hoping the multiplayer is as good as the last game

Nids are a great enemy to for me because you’re supposed to have to kill thousands of them! and it’s nice to see them come to life

Honestly seeing this character updated to Primaris just confirms the way I've felt about them (mostly) since the introduction- That's just what a Space Marine is now. For all intents and purposes it's just the same deal as how they all started wearing Mk VII armour around 1991 or so.

Nobody batted an eyelid then because the lore, hobby and fandom weren't so deeply entrenched, they were able to overhaul their model ranges multiple times through the early 90s without anyone particularly objecting. But today, we're much more invested, monetarily and emotionally. They kinda bungled the transition and handled the lore badly, but in principle it's just a refresh; one day in a few year's time we won't have to even talk about it. Space Marines will just be Space Marines again.

Maybe they'll throw in some codex tidbit about crossing the Rubicon yadda yadda, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the game just hand-waves it away. In fact I would prefer it. The majority of gamers, who are not dedicated 40K fans, won't even notice, they'll just say "Oh hey cool, these modern Space Marines look sick."

Having said that- The jump pack screenshot...

goes to GW website to buy as many as possible of the old ones

I can see a model happening for Titus.

Also what's that about chaining weapons Titus?

There's a little inquisition symbol on that chain. I assume it's a souvenir from the aftermath of the last game...

I’m curious to know if this is the “big” game Dan Abnett hinted he was working on.

Agreed, getting him to pen up the story would make sense.

I'm entirely beyond worrying over Titus past, let's just have a good game that throws the player headlong into the marine power fantasy.

Having said that- The jump pack screenshot...

goes to GW website to buy as many as possible of the old ones

Yeah... I'd already ordered some to convert some primaris scale assault marines and I'll probably just end up ordering more to future proof myself now. The new jump packs have the same issues a lot of the new range has: overdesigned. For sure it looks more functional than the previous iterations of jump packs but I like my Imperial tech to look anachronistic. 

So the best way to fit in Titus would be.. he had a short stint as 2nd Captain (being promoted at a very young age by SM standards) before getting "inquisitioned" and making way for Agemman, who may also have had a somewhat shorter tenure as 2nd Captain before being promoted to 1st and making way for Cato? Or perhaps Titus had a very short stint as 2nd Captain between Agemman and Cato...which was deliberately purged from the UM record a la the Lost Primarchs? Kinda like the latter as it makes sense if the inquisition and possible heresy was involved.

Could explain why Titus isn't super-old in post-Guilliman "current" 40K?

Edited by b1soul

I can see a model happening for Titus.

Also what's that about chaining weapons Titus?

There's a little inquisition symbol on that chain. I assume it's a souvenir from the aftermath of the last game...

Apparently (not sure if true or not), Titus spent a long time with the Black Templars after being interrogated by the Inquisition, to prove he wasn't a heretic. So it's possibly a zeal chain and he's kept it because it's a sign of purity?

The chain isnt on a weapon though is it? Its just wrapped around his vambrace as you can see hes stowed the sword after combat.

I reckon it's still a keepsake from that time. He doesn't have to wear it exactly like them, especially since he's always violating the codex and swapping between weapons and what not. Don't want it getting in the way of a good time.

Sure there is and I’m sure Roboute will see to it .

RG letting him retain the Regent of Talassar title and appointment to chapter master of the Void Tridents who are based there is a greater honour and station than he could achieve than staying in the UM. He basically would still be in the UM since RG has stationed so many of his sucessor chapters in Ultramar anyways.

So...the question is...which variant load-out will he have when given a model and how big will his tactical rock be? I mean...I know, you don't just go around asking about the size of your tactical rock but some leaders get somewhat overblown about how tactical their rock is, some like it to be a two feet thing while others just want it to be managed with one foot. I know some of the other leaders prefer their rock to be taller and some like it wider, I mean some prefer their artificial tactical rocks made from different materials, we don't judge here. So will Titus get a natural, free range tactical rock or is he more old fashioned and want an enemy on his tactical rock? These are important questions after all, don't want to have tactical rock envy!

I reckon Titus will have a "tactical dead Carnifex" .... With one foot leaping off it with his fancy new jump pack, Thunder hammer in Hand..... ;)

Listen, if he isn't doing a backflip in gravis armour with a two handed thunderhammer he is not going to look epic enough on a knight base with a tactical carnifex. ;)