[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

If it is not a spanner in the works, I have been toying with the idea of a Mortal character of some kind, a professional solider or maybe wearing towards the heretek.

Edit: Or as a completely out there idea, I always liked Juggernauts. Is there any way to play a mechanical demonic armoured rhino?

Edited by Trokair

I can roll with a mixed party. You'd likely be looking at either a Renegade or a Heretek for your archetype, both of which can be kitted out quite nicely, the Heretek especially.

As far as playing a mechanical daemonic armored rhino (as in a Khorne Juggernaut?), the Heretek would be your best starting point in that regard with significant/severe cybernetic enhancement. That would be a much more long-term character arc/build however.

Yes a Jugger of Khorne, I always felt like they should be a unit in its own right and not just a mount.

They actually have rules for taming and using them as a mount in the appropriately Khorne-themed splatbook. Seeing as how they're bound-daemons of seemingly animal-level intelligence, I don't think they would make for very good PCs, but that's just my opinion. Maybe you're a pissed off cyber-rhino with goals? Who knows!

Blowing of steam.

Who knows indeed.

Since they are part mechanical I assume they are like the bigger demon engines, and as such who knows what the Dark Mechanicus have done in the forging of this particular Juggernaut. Maybe a former heretek who fell out of favour with a senior Magos was also bound in, inhabiting the Jugger alongside a mindless lesser daemon. A schizophrenic Juggernaut.

It was a spur of the moment idea, but if given the opportunity to play one I will certainly give it a go.

Salute (of) the Jugger

Good call.  My next character will be based on Rutger Hauer.

Actually...now there's an idea...

It was a spur of the moment idea, but if given the opportunity to play one I will certainly give it a go.

If nothing else you would make a good DISTRACTION CARNIFEX. :D

Blowing of steam.

Who knows indeed.

Since they are part mechanical I assume they are like the bigger demon engines, and as such who knows what the Dark Mechanicus have done in the forging of this particular Juggernaut. Maybe a former heretek who fell out of favour with a senior Magos was also bound in, inhabiting the Jugger alongside a mindless lesser daemon. A schizophrenic Juggernaut.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm 100% on board with you eventually turning yourself into something along the lines of this absolute unit: https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Anacharis_Scoria

But not to start.

Edit: There are also rather comprehensive daemonic possession rules spelled out in the Tome of Decay, which I have wanted to try out, mechanically, but have never done it in a live game for RP purposes (my character at the time was too much of an egomaniac to allow himself to become possessed). The point is: maybe at some point your character will be presented with such a scenario.

Edited by Necronaut

Cuddling my options at the moment, which are hovering between a medic (not a Corpse-Taker, some poor other schmo) with no bedside manners at all, who hates everything with a chilling, depth of icy anger and (GM willing a Narthecium as one of my starting acquisitions) in Mk V, with like only half his legs working;

OR

A no-nonsense hard-bitten 'don't mind if I do' nihilist who is a super-stealthy infil-traitor boi, with (GM Willing Mk VI) with only his left arm working, but is discount  Chaos Batman  Sam Fisher, and could unlock a max-security medieval chastity belt with nothing but a paperclip.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm with you on the many options/decisions Mazer.

I'm going for an Eighth Son, of an Eighth Son of an Eighth Son.

I think that's the only real problem with the system - it's so open, you can be anything, so the choice is the thing that chokes you a bit - which is very thematic, since you think "Can I do that?"

And BC says: "Yes, yes you can..."

Having said that, I'm firming things up now re: my character.

He's a cross between Dr House, and the Dolph Lundgren Punisher. :biggrin.:

Also page 355 is one to keep in mind :tongue.:

Ah, so you have discovered space Tinder, eh lad?

Well, I think it's time for the 'talk'.

Don't hold pincers with daemonettes - it leads to other things...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Also page 355 is one to keep in mind :tongue.:

Ah, so you have discovered space Tinder, eh lad?

Well, I think it's time for the 'talk'.

Don't hold pincers with daemonettes - it leads to other things...

Daemonettes are p354, I was reffering to Juggernaut on the next page.
Oh. So we are going to have “the other talk” then?!

Edited by Xin Ceithan

@MG: I know you're into your Mechanicus-type characters, but Space Wizard would give you a chance to do something totally different?

@Mazer: Love the idea of House in 40k, more interested in the puzzle of what's wrong/how to fix rather than actually caring about the patient! ...He still looks like Rutger Hauer though, right?

Well so far we have a Chaos Champion and possibly a Forsaken in the party. Maybe also a Renegade or a Heretek? Things are shaping up nicely.

I am going to leave this open for interest/recruitment for a spell longer to see if there are any other supplicants floating about, but we already have four players prepared to sell their souls dearly to the Dark Gods.

The Mazer Rackham Design Studio (who brought you such stories as Die Screaming Holding A Live Grenade, 'Ere Gehenna Comes, and The Violent Adventures of Fluke Skywarper and The Philanderer's Stones), in conjunction with Xin Ceithan Press, presents:

Iscario Seneca

Former Chapter: [REDACTED]

Geneseed: [REDACTED]

Hatred: Ecclesiarchy

Pride: Craftsmanship (good surgeon)

Disgrace: Wrath (Hates everyone, and that horse you rode in on, and your little dog too!)

Motivation: Vengeance (Hates everyone - yadda yadda)

Archetype: Forsaken.

An evacuee from his homeworld [REDACTED] when commanded by the Chapter Master, Iscario and his squad successfully delivered a cargo of geneseed to a reserve depository, when they were attacked by forces of the Ecclesiarchy during their purge of [REDACTED].

To draw the enemy off, they mounted a counter-attack in orbit, fleeing from the secret repository.  This was all for naught, when the bastion was destroyed from orbit.  Outmatched, the ship they fled on was boarded, with almost every serf killed and his brothers killed one by one in the defence, until there was only him left.

Using emergency protocols, Iscario escaped into the warp, ending up on the verge of the Screaming Vortex.  Abandoned, alone, and the rage driven deep inside the fortress of his soul, he is consumed with revenge.

Yet there is no money in revenge.

Coming across a cabal of mercenaries who are known as the Black Steel Corsairs, (an Australian Heavy Metal band, no copyright infringement is intended) he supplied medicae services in return for passage and shelter from the ravages of the worst the Vortex has to offer.  And so he plots the deaths his enemies will die, but he does so coldly, for the anger of a patient man is terrible, and complete.

His goal is nothing less than the destruction of the Cardinal who signed the Writ of Destruction, declaring the Chapter and World PERDITA, dooming the planet to chaos and war, plunging it into infamy and shame, the shame he combats with his pure drive of wrath.  His armour is broken and battered by conflict, stained in the dust and blood of a hundred battles on his world and without - the white apothecary paint chipped and pitted, but his calling still present.

Trusting no-one, and himself even less, he will endure to see the Cardinal die.

He just needs an army to do it.

His soul is not for sale - he is the master of his fate, the captain of his soul...for now.

"Where is he, the Beloved Priamrch?  What does he do but stare out of long dead eyes, while his sons suffer, whilst their blood drips through my fingers and their souls wander in the dark?  I can hear the beat of guns, the screaming shells falling to smite our hopes, all of them blessed by an edifice of lies - an edifice tolerated by the Emperor.  My fate is now my own, forsaken by the Beloved Primarch."

- Iscario Seneca, Apothecary-Errant of the [REDACTED]

----------------------------------------

Might need a polish here and there.  It was a concept close to Lysi's but different enough to provide friction.  I tried to cleave close to the Renegade archetype, which is giving me a challenge, since the Traitor Legions give you that cold, inviolate break.  It's the difference between:

"Are we the bad guys" and "Let's BE bad guys."

That and I don't want to be Orphiel/Akkad/Vesalius/The Traveller/Pallan Arcost 2.0

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Nice. I think Oswyld could definitely work with Iscario, their overall goals seem similar ...though they might argue over preferred targets!

Funny, the Passions I selected were the same except for Pride (I went with Martial Prowess for obvious reasons!)

Question: does anyone know of anything for BC like the handy-dandy Excel/Sheets Character Sheets that we've used for DW? If not I might have a go at modding a template, although I'm not sure what things need keeping/changing?