[DW] The Desolation of Innocence (RPG OOC Thread)

Mazer Rackham

Just to check, the black icons are the bodies of the dead DW?

If necessary, if people step to one side I can torch all three Stealers with no penalty to Hit or Per test needed? Only concern is it might clip Luthais...?

5 hours ago, Trokair said:

I belive the B&C is going sleepy for maintance this comming weekend, so there may be not as much to miss. Still not great phone commiting suicde like that, no consideration. was it due to heat?

Jumped out of my pocket straight onto the pavement when I bent down to pick up one of my children. Lives in a case and everything. Bloody worthless technology! >:(

Edited by Necronaut

19 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

If necessary, if people step to one side I can torch all three Stealers with no penalty to Hit or Per test needed? Only concern is it might clip Luthais...?

What have those Genestealers ever done to you? :sad:

9 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Can Nergui use his Medicae Skill to recover Geneseed?

He will have to make that determination.

Lysi/MG that is correct, black markers are the bodies of the fallen.

@Necronaut Gah! Rotten luck bud :(

Edited by Mazer Rackham

6 hours ago, Machine God said:

Can Nergui use his Medicae Skill to recover Geneseed?

6 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

He will have to make that determination.

As I see it Nergüi would have learned the theoretical knowledge of what to do to recover and care for geneseed from a fallen brother. However as he went down the Chaplain path of the Chapter priesthood he has little practical experience in doing so and he does not have a Narthecium/Reductor and support/storage equipment with him.

So if we think it is important for the mission he would certainly attempt to and it would be by GM direction/discretion as to what he needs to do as I imagine that there will be some penalty for attempting to do so without the right equipment.

Alternatively I can see him performing last rites to let the souls rest, then placing tracker beacons on/in the bodies so that they could potentially be recovered later if the threat in the hulk has been neutralised.  

So I guess do we as the kill team think this is important enough?

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

As I see it Nergüi would have learned the theoretical knowledge of what to do to recover and care for geneseed from a fallen brother. However as he went down the Chaplain path of the Chapter priesthood he has little practical experience in doing so and he does not have a Narthecium/Reductor and support/storage equipment with him.

You're kind of built as a Wolf Priest - and whilst not equipped with a Narthecium, you would certainly be carrying something called the Fang of Morkai, (you might like to rename this?) which is basically a special knife, allowing the Wolf Priest to recover geneseed. Essentially, if you wish to try and recover it, you would need to pass a Difficult (-10) Medicae (intelligence) Test and spand a full action to recover both Progenoid Glands (one full action per marine).

You would also be carrying 1D3 Healing Balms, which, whilst not as effective as a Narthecium, would provide the benefit of a First Aid Kit.

Alternatively you can set the transponders, no problem. This would take half an action per body.

And here I thought the Fang of Morkai was a narthecium, and attributed it to more Space Wolves being Space Wolves and renaming everything!

Gents,

I'm on my work laptop for now. I won't have loads of time for posting prose/narrative sans phone as I'm going to be out and about quite a bit. I'll be checking in a couple of times a day when time and wifi permits, but I'll only be posting rolls for the next day or two most likely, so as to help keep things moving along.

43 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

I'm on my work laptop for now. I won't have loads of time for posting prose/narrative sans phone as I'm going to be out and about quite a bit. I'll be checking in a couple of times a day when time and wifi permits, but I'll only be posting rolls for the next day or two most likely, so as to help keep things moving along.

No sweat man, the BnC is going into shutdown over the weekend anyway, so by the time it's back up, I'm sure you'll have jury-rigged a phone out of a tin can, a calculator, feet of RJ45 and RX1101 cable trunk, and an old satphone aerial. :wink:

(And it would still be better than an iphone).

4 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Yes and no - you can move past, but you would be vulnerable to a free strike.

So just attack the Stealthy Genesteler as you go past.

You never know your dice might have woken up.

Do we actually know where Arcturion is?

I'll update the map shortly and allow the team to strategise - however, bear in mind that the B&C goes offline son, so I'll let Lysi/Philemon roll his turn up if he wants, otherwise once the map is up, we'll pause there until the technosavants have done the upgrades.

Cool with everyone?

@Trokair I was wondering that as well, if it's a charge move, I'll let it stand - really a charge move should have a target - it isn't a workaround for no run.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

26 minutes ago, Trokair said:

MG, how is Korvaan running? I thought TDA could not run. If it is an ability or upgrade Nergüi might be interested.

Oops - I forgot that. It'll have to be a Charge then.

Mazer - Can I edit my action to Charge at Genestealer #2 then. I really did forget about TDA not getting Run. Maybe like Necro and Trokair forgetting to roll Perception Checks to see if they could target the Stealth 'Stealers?

Edited by Machine God
Question to Mazer