[DW] The Desolation of Innocence (RPG OOC Thread)

Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Machine God said:

Mazer - Can I edit my action to Charge at Genestealer #2 then. I really did forget about TDA not getting Run. Maybe like Necro and Trokair forgetting to roll Perception Checks to see if they could target the Stealth 'Stealers?

Well that is partly why I just let the charge stand, and even without the penalty Tro missed by oodles, so I'm not going to squeeze anyone's bibbles over it :tongue: Players forget stuff in their eagerness...

Which leads me to to advise you're going to have to change actions anyway, because we're still in Round 4, and you deferred until Init Step 12, so unfortunately you've only half an action.  That does mean you can SAB and wander forward though. I'll waive the targeting penalty for the reasons above.

I will fine you a groat for the admin work though. :pirate: GM's gotta eat.

28 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

I'll try to get a post added tomorrow, should have until a few hours after lunch to work out what I'm doing.

(If I torch the 2 GS, will I hit anyone else?)

Short answer, possibly. Long answer, hang fire (ha, pun) for Korvaan's actions. I'll let you boys work out what you want to do together.

EDIT: Map work complete, have at it.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Lol wow I am severely short on sleep, and still reeling from the loss of my pocket computer. I completely missed the -20 perception test required to even spot the 'stealers. HERP DERP.

I will give myself 20 lashes from my belt as penance.

Pict-capture of Necronaut following his capture and "rehabilitation" by the Inquisition for his repeated transgressions against the PBP board:

Arcoflagellant.jpg

9 hours ago, Machine God said:

Mazer - Can I edit my action to Charge at Genestealer #2 then. I really did forget about TDA not getting Run. Maybe like Necro and Trokair forgetting to roll Perception Checks to see if they could target the Stealth 'Stealers?

Rereads game thread, ah puut, no wonder Nergüi can’t hit anything (the dice know) if I can’t even notice GM directions.  Looks like the heat did both our heads in. :wallbash:

Gentlemen!

Calm yourselves, I beseech thee. Please stop the flagellating - your loyalty to the Imperium notwithstanding of course - because:

1. That's MY job :rolleyes:
  2. It's getting WIERD. :blink:

:biggrin:

What's done is done. The real importance of introducing these enemy types and their difficulties is to get you used to them. That way, if you come across them again, you'll know what to do - I might re-jig all the xenotypes in the mission Roster thread to include all penalties etc, but that may prevent you from having to think on your feet a little bit, and I want to try and make you do that.

I will say we have an easy explanation as to why you missed the penalties - it's hard not to see something move when it's washed up as chum in the wake of Battleship  Yamato  Luthais...!

Now, back to business! And you're all fined 1 groat, and your whips are confiscated!

Spoiler

Necro, pull up your trousers!

Blimey, these Stealers might have some fancy biological Hive Mind improvements... but it makes them flipping sluggish too! :biggrin:

NB. GM: Don't forget the -20 to Dodges, so they actually failed even harder! :tongue:

Not that it matters here, but it might make all the difference in another Round/Fight!

Edited by Lysimachus

40 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Are you sure you know us? :whistling:

I have an inkling...:wink:

14 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Blimey, these Stealers might have some fancy biological Hive Mind improvements... but it makes them flipping sluggish too! :biggrin:

Everyone forgets things :rolleyes: thankfully it didn't matter that much - oh, and also:

"It's indiscriminate! I didn't MEAN to kill you - it's a happy accident: THE EMPEROR LOVES YOU!"

:biggrin:

*Checks watch*

Oh look, it's slaughter o'clock! :biggrin:

I've also updated the Inquisition Holofile across in the roster thread with map legend colours to help a bit - even though you boys should be taking notice of this stuff...:wink:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Cheers Mazer.

I just re-read the mission from the start and found that Round 5 had been initiated.

Lysimachus - You just had to mention the vents didn't you. 

Three Blips to ambush us out of tunnels that TDA cannot fit down.

Edited by Machine God
Vent Blips

50 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Lysimachus - You just had to mention the vents didn't you. 

Three Blips to ambush us out of tunnels that TDA cannot fit down.

Just. As. Planned....

BTW, you did :RTBBB: across in the Roster thread right?

And all my "Don't eat the purple ones" warnings, right?

39 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Isen't that what the flamer is for?

Why yes, yes it is....

Edited by Mazer Rackham

7 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Just. As. Planned....

BTW, you did :RTBBB: across in the Roster thread right?

And all my "Don't eat the purple ones" warnings, right?

Why yes, yes it is....

After the Fact.

I also read bout the Big Greebly Genus needing Autocannons.

Edited by Machine God
Autocannons, Autocannons, Autocannons

Question: how will LoS work for firing HF down the vents? Are they narrow enough that the flame will spread around corners?

I'm not sure on the physics of it... maybe Necro knows?

(Admittedly, the realities are probably less important to worry about than how the GM wants it to work, but I'm curious! :tongue:)

30 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

All hail the Necrochanicum!

He could give you the whys and wherefores of course, but the flames will toast whole sections of those vents.

Make with the BURNINATION!

I'm not weighing in on this one. Suffice it to say, I believe the GM would most likely be correct in any event.