[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

29 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

I mean, to my mind, whenever any character says some variation of 'I tell the others what I found' that means they've revealed everything that you've told them and we can all therefore look at whatever bit you've spoilered? They're just saving themselves from having to retype it all out?

Essentially, yes, I prefer stuff to work that way - moreso at a table, because it's just DUMB to tell someone, then have that other person tell someone else,yadda yadda, and by the time everyone is finished, they've heard it four times, and some wag in the back - usually a secret chaos worshipper or Alpha Legionnaire - goes "what was that again?" and the GM has to prevent the players from strangling him, because only he knows the secret password.

Spoiler

Which isn't: P A S S W O R D

5 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Comments from the other players are welcome. 

Personally I don’t mind if there is some stuff that neither I the player or my character should know, as long as it is for good game play reason and not a full blown game of paranoia. Bardas is already a tad paranoid due to the events so far. :P

3 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Anyone else got any thoughts/insights? (other than Mazer, obviously! :laugh:)

As for insights, not really beyond what has been said, Bardas is convinced that the Inquisition still has a leak and doesn’t like it, nor the assumed  corruption amongst the senior Magi.   

Personally I am also inclined to lean towards Locke being alive somehow, or at the very least someone/thin using Lockes name/position/guise.

We could speculate endlessly and send Mazer into fits of giggles and glee, or we can see where the story takes us , I better go and write that story post.

Edit: post up, Mazer I hope it was ok to do round one and two action in sequence like that. 

Edited by Trokair

As far as the pyschic spoiler reveals go- my opinion is that if Nicios tells what he knows the other players can look. It is easier than trying to re-word a lot of the feelings/impressions that go on in Nicios' mind into coherent thoughts that still are slightly different from the hidden message (being that they are translate from Nicios into words).

2 hours ago, Trokair said:

Edit: post up, Mazer I hope it was ok to do round one and two action in sequence like that. 

That works out fine mate, no worries. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

As far as the pyschic spoiler reveals go- my opinion is that if Nicios tells what he knows the other players can look. It is easier than trying to re-word a lot of the feelings/impressions that go on in Nicios' mind into coherent thoughts that still are slightly different from the hidden message (being that they are translate from Nicios into words).

Ok, you got it. That's how we'll play it. :thumbsup:

Ok, I'm leaving the southbound runner to Bardas.

My gut feeling from reading Mazer's post is that Lecroix has swapped his coat with the grey cloak, so I should run after him?

But I'm concerned we're being fooled twice. Maybe the guy in the mechanic's overalls is the datacrypter himself, and if I throw myself at grey cloak, Lecroix is then just going to laugh and run off...?

:pinch:

20 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

There are plenty of clues to help you mate. :wink:

Unfortunately, not all of them point the same way, you fiend! :laugh:

Well, most of the clues seemed suggestive of going after grey robe so I did that. If it turns out the mechanic was Lecroix, I'll just assume we weren't supposed to get him yet! :sweat:

6 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Unfortunately, not all of them point the same way, you fiend! :laugh:

This is Dark Heresy, not Scooby Doo! :tongue:

6 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

If it turns out the mechanic was Lecroix, I'll just assume we weren't supposed to get him yet! :sweat:

For the record, I hate that garbage. I always try to give a fair shot at the situation, unless attacking the adversary, or the Player solution is so ludicrously suicidal, you red flag it all the way down.

After that, it's fair game if you want to open the window on the submarine.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

56 minutes ago, Machine God said:

@Mazer Rackham - Submarines don't have windows...

Then how do they look out to reverse park? Sounds like a design flaw to me.

I didn't know that about submersibles, but it makes sense when I think about it.

I could also be watching too much Seaquest 2032/DSV - the Michael Ironside one.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

For the record, I hate that garbage. I always try to give a fair shot at the situation, unless attacking the adversary, or the Player solution is so ludicrously suicidal, you red flag it all the way down.

After that, it's fair game if you want to open the window on the submarine.

:thumbsup:

I agree completely, but also I understand that sometimes for the sake of the overarching plot, a GM might give an NPC a way out of trouble so he can bring them back in later? In those cases, I reckon as a player you of course want to feel that you've accomplished something... but it doesn't necessarily have to be a 'win' or a 'lose'? (If that makes any kind of sense at all... :tongue:)

Alright gang, I'm going to try and tie everything off and pull the team back together as this is winding up, and we need to get some progress for Nicios/Restal/Falk.

Where are you three lads going? Karthago for further investigation/buying stuff, or briefly stop at Karthago narratively, and then down to LeX to meet up with Reynard/Bardas?

That's not a problem. If you wander across to Karthago at Kelvin's Gallery (for the directions) you can order something from the bar, although it would be a light repast (common quality sandwich or soup in a can, rat on a stick with ketchup etc).

Since it's a random checkpoint, and they're Arbites, you'd have to be laid back horizontal not be a bit twitchy. Will need a Scrutiny (Per) check (which is opposed) to perceive anything off about them. They move like pros, confident, assured.

If you don't have the Scrutiny Skill, it is Basic, which means you can use it at half stat.

Ah, but Unremarkable only imposes penalties in crowds once you've ducked, dived and disappeared (ish) or to recall you from memory. There's a guy here with a glowing, neon 'wanted' sign! :biggrin:

And about 10 folks, including Restal/Falk/Nicios.

@A.T. Is your custom autogun tucked away?