[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

I'm going to hold off updating for a bit for introductions/discussions with another victim, er...player.

I also have both hands full this week.

I may have to fit the new blood in at this juncture, as we have good opportunities to hook them into the group. Please continue posting any back and forth you wish. @A.T. are you going uphive solo as suggested? If so, just plug in where you want to come out, and I'll roll with you from there.

@Machine God and @Lord_Ikka it's perfectly fine to banter back and forth in the halls of the lower chamber, so don't be put off.

Once I know what's going on, we can get some traction.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

15 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

@A.T. are you going uphive solo as suggested? If so, just plug in where you want to come out, and I'll roll with you from there.

Unless Bardas had more to do down here than the skull I was expecting Falk to pick up with him again. There isn't anything he can do to get through a door of that security level alone unless the key he picked up from the medbay is an exact match - he has security but no tech use skills.

34 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Unless Bardas had more to do down here than the skull I was expecting Falk to pick up with him again. There isn't anything he can do to get through a door of that security level alone unless the key he picked up from the medbay is an exact match - he has security but no tech use skills.

I don't know how much more FORTRAN Tro wants me to learn :tongue: so I'll defer to him, but to be clear - if you mean the holoslice, it is designed to overwhelm a specific lock completely, within a heartbeat, granting access to whoever uses it. No skills required. That's why you can be shot on sight for having one, no matter who you are.

There are two copies - one in your pocket, the other is in Tro's IIRC.

There is a little more Skull work, I just had not quite figguered out what, if anything, was worth asking for skull scene one before moving on to part two.

Past orders 3 to 5 seem like normal things, its 2 I am debating on and wethaer 'wanted persons insidend 1092' is relevent.

And in the first data set where the report re route was to arbites.01 or away from same. 

will get a post together when I can, though i think we are to hold a little while the cavlary is kited out. 

6 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I don't know how much more FORTRAN Tro wants me to learn :tongue: so I'll defer to him, but to be clear

Intersting, now i know what to look for a dummi guide for to see if it makes any more sense :tongue:

Edited by Trokair

Well, hello there. :D

I'm the new vict- *cough* the reinforcement. *phew*

Mazer recently offered me a place in this illustrious group and it took me only about two weeks to get ready with my character, haha. 

I'm totally new to this format and role-playing in general, so don't expect any badass moments. It's probably more slapstick and Coyote Carl vs Road Runner action. ;)

Nonetheless, I'm eager to learn and to dive into this. Read through the respective threads and it's really cool to see this kind of rpg being done. 

Hope we'll be having some fun and a great time together!

Cheers,

Kel

9 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

...so he knows Locke and Locke has been on Damocles!!!

And there it is...:biggrin:

EDIT: We'll hang fire until Kel posts his first IC introduction, and gets his feet under the table so to speak.

Then we can restart.

If I can remember the plot...:sweat::eek:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

23 minutes ago, Trokair said:

There is a plot!

I thought this was a game of what kills my character faster, my dice or the GM.

So far it is one dead hive vs way too many near fatal rolls. 

I'm trying to work out if any of that is mutually exclusive.....

Ooh new life to cause and more meat for the Grinder.

I knew that reading old PBP threads would do the trick, its certainly worked before.

(I've just over the weekend read all of the IC Posts of Plunder the Stars)

Welcome Kelborn to the gang!

Edited by Machine God
Typo

46 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

That's a question which only our brave acolytes can answer....

He's the dude that whoever likes to blow up hives for sport wants to have a looooooong chat to.

@Mazer Rackham - Oh that guy!

Verdict pauses for a few heartbeats. "Inquisitor Lord Garrad Locke was executed for Heresy, one-hundred and fifty years ago."

So the new Cleric is at least 150 years old.

Or Locke didn't die 150 years ago, and has been doing his thing (including meeting priests) around Damocles after that time?

Could actually be that Nico is 150 though, considering warp travel affecting time or rejuvenat technology?