On 8/8/2022 at 12:06 AM, Interrogator Stobz said:

We AT'18 fans can only pray that any new system keeps the majority of the current rules. Especially for Titans.

They are fantastic and could quite easily accommodate new smaller units, but your fear certainly has some basis based on GWs precedent.

I feel like this is already happening with the introduction of Armiger class knights.

it wouldn’t be a stretch to add other smaller stuff gradually. Let’s face it the weapon loadouts on an armiger is much less powerful and the knights themselves are much less survivable than even some dreadnought loadouts let alone some of the bigger tanks.

@Fire Golem, the original Epic had two separate games Ateptus Titanicus (released first) and Space Marine. Both could be played independently but also worked together, the  xenos race titans and indeed human tanks were introduced via white dwarf and then the rules collated and released as the Codex Titanicus book.

All of these were later amalgamated into the 40K time period which was 2nd Edition Space Marine 

Cheers

Vogon 

• 7 months later...

Valrak has uploaded a new Video on Youtube.

His reliable source is saying that Epic will get announced at Warhammerfest at the End of April.

It's the same source with other (correct) rumors about 10th Edition of 40k and the Return of the Lion.

He also had some Epic Rumors for this source in the past;

Faeit212 also posted some rumors, but those seems not to be very reliable....

Edited by Warmaster1988

Did he explicitly say it was his trusted source with it being at Warhammer Fest or was that his speculation? I watched the video late the other day and I can't remember the wording.

I'd love for it to return, even as just a marine vs marine setting (that was how it all started afterall, nice money saving measure that it was), though it seems my budget is going to be stretched with this and 10th...

Timestamp for the video is 3:53 and he just said "They have to have something big to show off at Warhammer Fest, I know Epic HH will be shown off there, but what about 40k?" so nothing about his sources.

On one hand he sounds pretty sure so would make sense if it came from his trusted sources?

On the other hand he has been wrong about when something will be shown off in the past. Not wrong that it exists just which reveal event it will be shown in.

So could just be his speculation without telling us thats what it is.

Edited by Matrindur

1 hour ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Can I just add that my Epic at Fest is just speculation on my part, I know it’s out this year and I’m hearing at the end of Summer so Fest makes most sense :biggrin:

Although your sources have been reliable so far, I must admit I'm doubtful of this @Chapter Master Valrak, simply because I bet Warhammer Fest is where the contents of the 10th launch set are going to be fully revealed; if that's the case I doubt they'd want anything to take the limelight from that set!

I'd be happy to be wrong though - I'm really looking forward to Epic coming back (although my wallet is not :laugh:

To be fair, we've already seen all the Terminators for the set, I'm expecting an article showing off all the Termagaunts next. They could easily drip feed most of the "troops" from the set, leaving the reveal of the box and the "leader" models for Fest. I wouldn't put it past them to tease Epic in just a short trailer. It all depends what else is going to be shown off really.

Epic likely means no new 40k WH Quest game.

I wouldn't mind Epic returning if it was an inclusive game- though even then I'm unlikely to buy in just because I can't afford two GW games. It would also be nice if it kept the same scale as AT- I read in WD once upon a time that even though AT and AA are two very different games, the models from both were in the same scale. I've never played either, so I can neither confirm deny, but if this indeed the case and Epic hits the same scale there are a fair number of models already made- incuding Xenos models for AA.

If, on the other hand, Epic is another Marine only-fest (sorry HH Players... Marine-Mostly-Fest), I'm going to be a little bitter that they didn't go Warhammer Quest 40k, which would be an amazing way to introduce Inquisitorial retinue models.

I think Epic and any Warhammer Quest are different divisions or what have you. Epic is under where Necromunda, Horus Heresy, The Old World, Titanicus, etc. are, whereas WH Quest is more a boxed game from the main studio.

39 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Epic likely means no new 40k WH Quest game.

I wouldn't mind Epic returning if it was an inclusive game- though even then I'm unlikely to buy in just because I can't afford two GW games. It would also be nice if it kept the same scale as AT- I read in WD once upon a time that even though AT and AA are two very different games, the models from both were in the same scale. I've never played either, so I can neither confirm deny, but if this indeed the case and Epic hits the same scale there are a fair number of models already made- incuding Xenos models for AA.

If, on the other hand, Epic is another Marine only-fest (sorry HH Players... Marine-Mostly-Fest), I'm going to be a little bitter that they didn't go Warhammer Quest 40k, which would be an amazing way to introduce Inquisitorial retinue models.

The fact that AA and AT were the same scale is what helped fuel the epic rumours, afterall, all they had to do was release the infantry to marry the systems together.

But yeah, Epic doesn't preclude a warhamner quest release, what's more interesting is if the Old World rumours are true about GW putting a box out at the end of the year to capitalise on the 40th anniversary of WFB (and then lead to a general release in 2024). Then again, maybe that's why there's rumours that Epic will come at the end of summer, leaving November open...

Very vague post from Louise Sugden regarding this Friday.Screenshot_20230403-231701_Twitter.thumb.jpg.87af744dfe2351a0cb62e0515ee43b4a.jpg

She did however elaborate that whatever happens on friday won't be for the Old World.

She also posted this on instagram with a lot of, let's call it miniature debris, a lot of it being very old miniatures it seems.

Screenshot_20230403-231754_Instagram.thumb.jpg.de6af0e3aec704e3800bb15e57774a67.jpg

This may be something else, but who knows?

3 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Very vague post from Louise Sugden regarding this Friday.Screenshot_20230403-231701_Twitter.thumb.jpg.87af744dfe2351a0cb62e0515ee43b4a.jpg

She did however elaborate that whatever happens on friday won't be for the Old World.

She also posted this on instagram with a lot of, let's call it miniature debris, a lot of it being very old miniatures it seems.

Screenshot_20230403-231754_Instagram.thumb.jpg.de6af0e3aec704e3800bb15e57774a67.jpg

This may be something else, but who knows?

She won't be dropping Epic's reveal on her twitter feed. That ain't happening.

I'd imagine it's some funky gobbo/ squig related fun rather than anything specific from GW.

That all said, if Epic is back, I'm going to be [more] broke.

9 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

She won't be dropping Epic's reveal on her twitter feed. That ain't happening.

I'd imagine it's some funky gobbo/ squig related fun rather than anything specific from GW.

That all said, if Epic is back, I'm going to be [more] broke.

It probably won't be epic, but it could be.

It's also good Friday, apparently. Has there been any kind of reveal on that day in the past?

Also, she tagged warcom so whatever it is will of course not be dropped by her on twitter, but on Warhammer Community.

Edited by Nephaston
additional info

1 hour ago, Nephaston said:

It probably won't be epic, but it could be.

It's also good Friday, apparently. Has there been any kind of reveal on that day in the past?

Also, she tagged warcom so whatever it is will of course not be dropped by her on twitter, but on Warhammer Community.

Definitely, no probably about it.

GW are promoting 10th ed at the moment and hyping there. Thinking that one of their painting legends is going to show something that will be a Warhammer Fest reveal is just setting yourself up for disappointment. We may get a trailer/ a mini but that'll be it 

On 4/2/2023 at 11:00 AM, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Can I just add that my Epic at Fest is just speculation on my part, I know it’s out this year and I’m hearing at the end of Summer so Fest makes most sense :biggrin:

What I need to know is what about battlefleet gothic!!!! I was to young when it was out and feel like I missed such a great game!

BAttlefleet gothic is having a bit of a resurgence right now, the rules (and various fan updates) are free online and 3d printing has made getting ahold of ships or alternate versions, ridiculously simple.

Much like Epic really :D 

Edited by Noserenda