Imperial Guard Rogal Dorn Battle Tank

1 hour ago, bristlybadger said:

Anyone got a macharius and baneblade to line up the same way, see how close we are? 

I’ve never had a macharius but in lore aren’t they the broke man’s alternative to a baneblade, so I’d imagine theyre very close in size 

Edited by ImperialWarrior

26 minutes ago, Brother Borgia said:

Apparently, the rear stubber can be placed in front of the gunner hatch. 

I also like this Baneblade hybrid and those turrets must be easy to find. 

8C40C5D4-F8E4-4B32-9AF1-031A94A2D115.jpeg

Yeah that was one of the things I noticed first. As well as really admiring how nice both the Rogal Dorn and all the new Cadian infantry look in the scheme of the Cadian 92nd.

1 hour ago, ImperialWarrior said:

I’ve never had a macharius but in lore aren’t they the broke man’s alternative to a baneblade, so I’d imagine theyre very close in size 

I've got two but no baneblade and no vanilla Lemans, so I can't compare :) 

The Macharius is a fair bit smaller than a baneblade I'm pretty sure. 

The Dorn looks to be of a modest size, not as bloated as some photoshops would have led us to believe. Although it is very tall imo.

(Also, do I spot some gas masks on those Cadians down in front? Glad to see that option in the new kit, hope there's enough for everyone)

neat how the leak from last year literally was dead on, like the leaker read off the design goals for the sculptor

12 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Much like primaris and firstborns. This is gonna be one of those things that I can no longer unsee, but seeing all three of them lined up I can't help but think the Dorn is just a better proportioned Russ. And despite liking the russ it just seems cute now and it's scale issues even more pronounced.

primaris russ

10 hours ago, ImperialWarrior said:

resin cannot be a broke man's anything
edit: I noticed the "in lore" bit after

Edited by spessmarine

7 hours ago, Robbienw said:

The Dorn is way too different from the Russ to be considered an upscaled version.

good thing I said better proportioned not that it was an upscalled russ, because then it would be the Macharius 

Edited by Mechanicus Tech-Support

28 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

good thing I said better proportioned not that it was an upscalled russ, because then it would be the Macharius 

Let me rephrase that for you then.  The Dorn is way too different from the Russ to be considered a better proportioned version :wink:

Do we know what the lore is on this thing? Is it new for the Era Indomitus, or is it being retrofitted into the timeline? I'm naturally curious if there are renegade versions of this tank kicking around the galaxy somewhere.

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

Do we know what the lore is on this thing? Is it new for the Era Indomitus, or is it being retrofitted into the timeline? I'm naturally curious if there are renegade versions of this tank kicking around the galaxy somewhere.

There can always be renegade versions regardless.

newly issued for the crusade could have fallen into traitor hands. Or a company or even a regiment with the newly issued tanks could have turned traitor. Or a chaos fleet could have intercepted and taken them in transit.

The Russ's gun barrels have always been ludicrously large and I'd love to see a revised kit with a more realistic look -- one of the reasons why I've always liked the Predator's autocannon -- but I don't think GW will do that.  They'd rather you buy the new tank anyway. 

Imo the Russ turret doesn't make it look weird rather it's the boxed look of the hull itself, hence I opted to retire my Russ for a Mortian standin (same height and width but +50% lenght.) I think the added lenght fixes the Russ looks. Not sure if I'll pickup the Dorm or convert one of these boys.

20220411_160145.jpg

20220411_160156.jpg

20220411_160128.jpg

20220411_160246.jpg

The compactness is what I love about Guard (and Marine) vehicles. Although I love the design of the Valkyrie, it’s realistic proportions and therefore model size make me dislike it.

It’s a shame that FW’s business model has changed as the old system of ‘GW makes compact, slightly silly game pieces and FW makes realistic alternatives for those who want it’ seemed to be a good balance. 

6 hours ago, Emurian said:

Imo the Russ turret doesn't make it look weird rather it's the boxed look of the hull itself, hence I opted to retire my Russ for a Mortian standin (same height and width but +50% lenght.) I think the added lenght fixes the Russ looks. Not sure if I'll pickup the Dorm or convert one of these boys.

20220411_160145.jpg

20220411_160246.jpg

would like to see how that Mortian sizes up next to the Dorn, and also have you got any of the Mortian medium tanks for size reference?