Imperial Guard Rogal Dorn Battle Tank

I feel like this is a bit of a miss...

Those wheels look horrendous, although the track guards help a bit.

It seems to have caught "Primaris disease" with just a few too many guns. The silly hull mounted stubbers are just pointless.

I believe the Rogal Dorn Tank has the honour of being the third Imperium tank chassis sold on Games Workshop that has room for suspension travel, next to the Rhino chassis and all its variants, and the Baneblade.

I love how the design looks quite modernised compared to current tanks, yet still keeps a number of excellent impractical hallmarks of Imperial design. Like the riveted armour, the side viewports that get obstructed by the stowage and armoured tracks, it is obscenely tall and heavy looking, and I can't get a good look at the ground clearance but it seems like that counters much of their good work with the suspension.

Truly a masterpiece of Imperial Innovation* and worthy of the name Rogal Dorn.

*innovation not included, if your regiment's shipment of Rogal Dorn Tanks comes with innovation please inform your nearest Adeptus Mechanicus representative 

Honestly it looks like the strange offspring of a Macharius and a Leman Russ (A Leman Russ, not THE) and I'm alright about it, not a fan of the guns on the lower glacis but the lights that can replace them are a fix (for me).

It doesn't 'wow' me, I'm just alright with it though would have been much cooler to get a Macharius in plastic since this is stupidly similar to it.

Wow, this is a brilliant looking tank.

I really like it, but it doesn't have quite the same styling as the Leman Russ.

Still, if I start a guard army I can't imagine I'll buy any of the older tanks because this one looks so much better.

It definitely has caught the same rash that Primaris tanks have (namely guns everywhere) but overall I quite like it. It does have a different vibe from the older Guard tanks though, and that make it a weird fit into existing forces.

13 minutes ago, RWJP said:

I feel like this is a bit of a miss...

Those wheels look horrendous, although the track guards help a bit.

It seems to have caught "Primaris disease" with just a few too many guns. The silly hull mounted stubbers are just pointless.

On the subject of pointless heavy stubbers... the one on the turret in the second image is ridiculous. It can't be angled downward at enemy infantry. It might as well be manned by a Commissar because it's exclusively useful for killing other members of the tank's crew. 

My first reaction was that I like it.

Now I think it's funny, the "enlightenment" era of Roboute Guilliman and company brings the Imperium up from pre WW1/WW1 to the advancements of WW2.

It's comical I think.  
I do kinda like it but well, maybe.  This would have been really cool a few editions ago. 

14 minutes ago, Shinespider said:

On the subject of pointless heavy stubbers... the one on the turret in the second image is ridiculous. It can't be angled downward at enemy infantry. It might as well be manned by a Commissar because it's exclusively useful for killing other members of the tank's crew. 

That's because the kind of real life examples of machine guns mounted this way that GW are imitating were used for anti-air primarily, although they did usually have a bit of depression for fighting nearer targets as well.

Besides this it can also assist in spotting for the tank's gunner by firing tracers in the vicinity of targets.

I like it, my Orks are very happy!

I´m getting M26 Pershing vibes but the M6 is a good shout out. The whole using the stubber from the back is very much inspired by US WW2 M4 Shermans.

The hull stubbers is probably inspired by the early M3 Stuart tanks who had two .30 cal MGs in fixed position in the hull. (Yes I know my US ww2 tanks!) :biggrin:

Very post WW2 for me.  I think its like the post war russ IS2 series mated to a matilda.   If i ever do get one i will build it with the headlights,,,,the hull mounted stubbers are ridiculous though.  I do like the turret stubber ith the external gunner......very much like clint eastwood in Kellys Heroes on top of oddballs tank....very thematic.

Edited by beefeb