World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

43 minutes ago, INKS said:

Over on the WE discord they torn this thing apart. it's likely very fake. Many of the points don't add up, certain units are just off or wrong or missing. Too many red flags for it to be real. 

I still disagree with their conclusion. The most convincing part was the lack of points upgrades (Marks of Chaos equivalents), but that could easily be explained by this being an incomplete printing proof.

27 minutes ago, Cheex said:

I still disagree with their conclusion. The most convincing part was the lack of points upgrades (Marks of Chaos equivalents), but that could easily be explained by this being an incomplete printing proof.

So you think that it's real then? Interesting. But Angron is under costed. No Red Butchers? Other missing data sheets. Odd page numbers? 

2 hours ago, INKS said:

So you think that it's real then? Interesting. But Angron is under costed. No Red Butchers? Other missing data sheets. Odd page numbers? 

No red butchers has been the rumour for ages from someone that has got other stuff right. This whole list matches what they said, actually. I think the Heldrake is the only thing that they didn’t specifically mention either way. 

14 hours ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

Isn’t it three though?

8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Three with Angron, and that's one more than both TS and DG got...

Am I just missing something here? Angron and Khârn is two - what's the third?

Rumors shouldnt debunk or prove other rumors imho ( no matter the reliability).. however lack of red butchers is hardly a strong argument for something being fake.. considering they dont exist as models/datasheets already and GW hasnt shown them off or told us they are coming. The same goes for the amount  of datasheets as GW has no problem making codices for armies with even less than that. Of what we know for certain right now the only thing missing in both rumors is the warhammer+ world eater terminator lord, wich as a limited character isnt suprising but it would be weird and a bit insulting to the fans he cant be used as a proxy for anything ( though there have been similar decisions made recently ) 

16 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

Pretty sure that’s just a fancy name for a juggerlord, not an actual named character. Same as Lord Discordant, Infernal Master and the various DG elite choice characters. 

They already featured him on Warhammer Community and explained that he is a special character version of the Juggerlord.

48 minutes ago, Kythnos said:

They already featured him on Warhammer Community and explained that he is a special character version of the Juggerlord.

I don’t see how you come to that conclusion. I reread the article didn’t see any explicit mention that there is also regular Juggerlord.

Edited by Borbarad

12 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

I don’t see how you come to that conclusion. I reread the article didn’t see any explicit mention that there is also regular Juggerlord.

On the list of points/units, the Lord Invocatus and Chaos Lord on Juggernaut feature twice. It would be an odd choice to feature the same unit twice :sweat:

If I'm not mistaken, the mention of the Invocatus being a named Character was on the Live reveal stream. It was also part of the original leak that mentioned that there wouldn't be Red Butchers or updated Beserkers on Juggernauts too. That leak also said that the Invocatus is a named character from the Brazen Beasts warband, so perhaps there's scope for subfactions in the codex

5 hours ago, INKS said:

Angron is undercosted based on what? There's no stats or rules known for him, he's not *that* much cheaper than his sorcerous brothers for losing out in likely 2 phases of the game.

2 hours ago, DesuVult said:

Can you provide any details?

Off the top of my head (it's been said here as well)

No mention of Red butchers, take it or leave it but I don't see them getting rid of them, although they might not list a 2cp cost which would make sense why it's NOT listed.

Angron is too cheap, poor argument, however either he sucks or he's super under costed. Could be, but Primarches tend to be good out the gate and get the hammer later

Missing data sheets, there is just a lot cut, maybe that is the case but I doubt it. 

No data sheet for the warhammer + guy. Maybe this means nothing but it would make more sense to have one for him in some way. They sell more warhammer+

Naming of the eight. what a terrible terrible name, heck maybe it is real. lol

Page numbers are odd as well.

Auspex tactics did a good video on all the problems with it. I am maybe not the best for arguing a point.

Edited by INKS

6 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Angron is undercosted based on what? There's no stats or rules known for him, he's not *that* much cheaper than his sorcerous brothers for losing out in likely 2 phases of the game.

You said it, based on the others in the game. Maybe that means nothing. I would expect him to cost more and I expect him to be over powered at first. These models tend to be that way and later they get nerfed to the point of no one taking them. Or almost no one.

27 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

On the list of points/units, the Lord Invocatus and Chaos Lord on Juggernaut feature twice. It would be an odd choice to feature the same unit twice :sweat:

If I'm not mistaken, the mention of the Invocatus being a named Character was on the Live reveal stream. It was also part of the original leak that mentioned that there wouldn't be Red Butchers or updated Beserkers on Juggernauts too. That leak also said that the Invocatus is a named character from the Brazen Beasts warband, so perhaps there's scope for subfactions in the codex

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that live stream. Hope they still got it online. 

On 11/14/2022 at 5:21 PM, Scribe said:

We've been suffering since the loss of the 3.5 book.

Can't find my 3.5 book right now but I'm pretty sure it was that and Index Astartes that introduced these restrictions. Being able to take whatever unit you wanted with World Eaters (except sorcerers) was a function of them losing all flavour.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:50 PM, Special Officer Doofy said:

The whole thing reminds me of video game developers pushing out unfinished games. Just push back the release and polish the turd off. Quit releasing half baked ideas.

Back when patches were really hard to distribute and game bugs basically never got fixed, GW was releasing tons of beta rules in White Dwarf. First and 3rd Edition 40k were heavily 'patched' in an era where software developers couldn't even dream of DLC as a viable form of distribution.

The whole 3.5 book came out after the half baked version was released three times.

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removal of OT

2 hours ago, INKS said:

No mention of Red butchers, take it or leave it but I don't see them getting rid of them, although they might not list a 2cp cost which would make sense why it's NOT listed.

Angron is too cheap, poor argument, however either he sucks or he's super under costed. Could be, but Primarches tend to be good out the gate and get the hammer later

Missing data sheets, there is just a lot cut, maybe that is the case but I doubt it. 

No data sheet for the warhammer + guy. Maybe this means nothing but it would make more sense to have one for him in some way. They sell more warhammer+

Auspex tactics did a good video on all the problems with it. I am maybe not the best for arguing a point.

Red Butchers aren’t an existing unit to be getting rid of. If they’re a stratagem, they wouldn’t show up here. 

There being a lot cut has been the rumour for a while. There was a lot cut for TS and DG too wasn’t there?

6 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

Lord Invocatus (named juggerlord).

Ah fair enough, I had assumed "Lord Invocatus" was a generic title like Lord Discordant and that was just what Juggernaut-mounted Lords were called now. 

6 hours ago, INKS said:

They don't list cp costs on this page.  He is 60 points less than Magnus.  What is missing that should be there?  Warhammer+ guy going straight to Legends wouldn't even be the first new LE character model going straight to Legends.  Bad unit names have been something pretty regularly mocked for a couple years now.

The weird page numbers have me uncertain but most arguments for it being false other than that feel extremely weak so far.