World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

Just now, Redcomet said:

Best not to take articles on warcom too seriously. Definitely not worth getting upset over.

Oh I know Red man.

Yarrick is next to Dante probably my favourite characters in 40k. If Yarrick is going to die please for the love of god make it epic.

Give him a death well deserved/earned...

16 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

That'd be our new Daemon Prince kit with the Khorne head.

image.png.dc5d3bd1fb6e2551d1678f7ee14cdc11.png

Ah I see it, should have known. At first it looked like something with a horn cut off but that’s just a bit of the background that makes it look like that.

Edited by Khornestar

I find it a bit strange and sad (for me as I've converted a bunch of them) that Khorne Bikers are seemingly not a thing. I mean, tearing in on a bike, swinging a chainsword - what's more Khornate than that, I ask you?

20 minutes ago, Montuhotep said:

I find it a bit strange and sad (for me as I've converted a bunch of them) that Khorne Bikers are seemingly not a thing. I mean, tearing in on a bike, swinging a chainsword - what's more Khornate than that, I ask you?

They even illustrated it for the Khorne Daemonkin codex:

image.thumb.jpeg.60fcc40f6c21fb8aa2c85f77745492e3.jpeg

14 hours ago, INKS said:

So you think that it's real then? Interesting. But Angron is under costed. No Red Butchers? Other missing data sheets. Odd page numbers? 

I made a much lengthier post earlier on this thread citing my reasons for why I think it could be real. The main thing to me is that two leakers have confirmed that the unit names match what was in playtest rules. Why would a faker go to such length as to include real unit names that hasn't been revealed at that point, and then make up a leak?

My current working theory is that this is a screenshot from a proof copy, where exact page layouts hadn't been finalised. That would explain missing units and strange page numbers and the "lol 88".

The only other plausible explanation IMHO is that there is some kind of long con by a troll or group of trolls to release false information through the leakers on Discord, followed by releasing this points page on WhatsApp. But this would imply that everything we've heard since u/Ok_Entrepreneur3004's disappearance is false.

Edited by Cheex

1 hour ago, Khornestar said:

image.thumb.jpeg.60fcc40f6c21fb8aa2c85f77745492e3.jpeg

Yeah, in 3.5, this was the core of my friend's World Eaters army. 3 bike squads, a Lord on a bike, a character with the Daemon Chains to control when he would explode, a Bloodthirster to emerge from said explosion, and a pile of Bloodletters.

2 hours ago, Montuhotep said:

Zerkers on Juggers with Chainswords?

I am with you, the apprent lack of FA slots is sad, and unlike slow Nurgle or Ashen TS the lack of bike feels unjustified. 

I think what really gets me and what might be part of the issue other people are angry about is that a lot of these problems we are seeing are solved problems and are problems GW themselves has solved.  It is just they solved them in AoS.  In my Blades of Khorne army I am going to run 10 chosen and 5 knights from Slaves to Darkness.  I lose nothing in doing this, I pay their points, they go in my army, and I could proxy something more Khorne looking or paint them extra Khorne looking and just refluff them as some Khorne specifically.  In my Slaves to Darkness army I can grab Slaanesh and Khornate units whether it be daemons or mortals and just toss them in my army, the only restriction is they do nor count as a compulsory choice.  The AoS Khorne book is full of daemons making them easy to run alongside mortals without trying to do any weird pl math and bulks out the book some.  It makes AoS chaos feel like a massive faction made up of several armies.  

Whoever likes Chaos seems to be busy with AoS in general though.  Even the chosen are somehow incomparable.  40k chosen get 4 attacks with a power sword and a special rule of such marginal use people seem to keep forgetting it exists.  They don't even get an icon.  AoS chosen get 3 attacks with a great weapon and 2 special rules that are always useful with a third you always get but needs a 3+ to be good.

It's just crazy to me because it is such a different experience playing Chaos in both systems.  Slaanesh is probably one of the least popular gods and Khorne is probably one of the most popular between both systems.  AoS Slaanesh gets more new characters than 40k Khorne and gets more new units because 40k Khorne appears to be getting the Thousand Sons treatment.  AoS chaos gets to say "thank you" with a smile as GW hands us a bunch of new unaligned units we didn't even have to ask for, somehow we get the daemon prince for the next couple months, and World Eaters are angrily still waiting for something new and iconic in previews because red butchers still have shown neither hide nor hair.

16 hours ago, DesuVult said:

It's just crazy to me because it is such a different experience playing Chaos in both systems.  Slaanesh is probably one of the least popular gods and Khorne is probably one of the most popular between both systems.  AoS Slaanesh gets more new characters than 40k Khorne and gets more new units because 40k Khorne appears to be getting the Thousand Sons treatment.

AoS Slaanesh came in two and a half waves, the first with no mortals, then one with a single mortal hero in a big box. Only then did we get the proper mortal range along with a new ruleset that killed the faction. AoS nurgle were pretty much the same except they had some re-used End Times stuff to fill in the mortal part. AoS Khorne mortals have had pretty much nothing since the very beginning of the system.

Doesn't give them an excuse to not throw in Khorne bikers but you're comparing multiple release waves to a single release wave. Most likely reason is just that the biker kit is old.

No generic foot lords is terrible rules writing and does make me question the viability of 40k as a continuing product but its not Chaos hate, the new Astra Militarum book seems to be just as awful and we all remember the Autark debacle.

19 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Daemonkin was very much a renegades codex not a World Eaters one, hence Khârn not being in the book. Wouldn't be surprised if that art had been re-used in a WE context though as other bits of Daemonkin art have been.

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removal of OT

I think it's okay for the focus of the 40K armies to be on the Astartes, whereas the AoS versions are a complete mix and match between mortals and daemons. But i would have liked to see a rule similar to the Harlequins one where you can take a Patrol detachment of Daemons in your army that don't affect your army wide rules as long as they belong to the same patron god.

1 minute ago, Halandaar said:

I think it's okay for the focus of the 40K armies to be on the Astartes, whereas the AoS versions are a complete mix and match between mortals and daemons. But i would have liked to see a rule similar to the Harlequins one where you can take a Patrol detachment of Daemons in your army that don't affect your army wide rules as long as they belong to the same patron god.

...you can, though. See the Daemonic Allies rule in Codex: Chaos Daemons.

17 hours ago, Trokair said:

Zerkers on Juggers with Chainswords?

I am with you, the apprent lack of FA slots is sad, and unlike slow Nurgle or Ashen TS the lack of bike feels unjustified. 

Yeah the FA slot is depressing, hopefully there are more units than this possible leak suggests.

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removal of OT

1 hour ago, DesuVult said:

With them releasing now it seems unlikely they will be a 10e launch faction.  A small TSons style release seems more likely and a second wave a long way off.

This. It's likely we've seen all the new releases already. Angron and Zerkers. Oh and the DP but he's for everyone. I forgot the Jugger. Him too. I guess there are a number of releases we already know about and that might be that.

I could see a combat box of Angron, 2 units of zerkers, maybe 1 other unit. call it a day. Jugger lord and DP sold separately 

=][= This is a topic about the potential World Easters points leak, not terrain and terrain types. If you feel the need to discuss the state of Terrain in 9th ed, the Amicus or Official Rules subforum should be a better place. Keep it on topic folks =][=

16 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

Angron and Khârn?

Unless Lord Invocatus is an individual rather than a rank as I had assumed.

He was already an existing character before ( I dont know if it was in vigilus ), not to mention the reveal also confirmed him as a character https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/08/warhammer-day-reveals-crush-and-maim-for-khorne-with-lord-invocatus/ with the rumors being that it also makes a generic juggernaut lord ( maybe in the video this is confirmed I cant check now.)

Arent they all before they get minis? 

Like, the High lords are all some of the most important folks in the galaxy and ill bet most cant name any of them, or their predecessors except the ones with minis :) 

Lol I’m still Holding out on red butcher minis. I asked WHC on insta under one of their posts if we’d be getting new RB minis. And they actually responded I’d have to wait and see. Lol unless someone on their end was having a bad a day and y mean, then I don’t think they’d go out of their way to respond to a random insta comment if it were a no. Lol holding on to that tiny thread of hope