World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

21 minutes ago, Guiltysparc said:

Surprised by the various fast attack choices that aren't there...bikers, raptors, warp talons.

Yeah same here…

Assuming this is real:

It isn’t a pure melee army, but the shooting choices aren’t particularly worthwhile for the most part. Personal preference but I don’t think I’d ever take land raiders, predators, defilers, or forge fiends.

That leaves juggerlords, spawn, and maulerfiends for the faster choices. Not bad choices but quite anemic.

Eightbound could be fast, but if they’re more big brutish things maybe not. Wildcard.

Angron will/better have a 12” move.

Berzerkers and terminators are old hat in terms of knowing their speed and capabilities. Infantry with lots of attacks, probably some 1:5 strength 7 or 8 hits thanks to the big axes and eviscerators. 

No priest? What, is every data sheet just going to be so good that it doesn’t need buffs? I guess daemon prince, juggerlord, and  probably angron have auras but CSM and loyalists alike largely need buffs to make their units truly valuable.

Blood tithe mechanic might be the thing to replace that, but that mostly means we’d be losing units before getting access to them (assuming it works based on units slain, as it used to).

I dunno, this is either fake or not looking all that hot. The data sheets better be bonkers good. Same with strats/traits/relics.

11 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

I dunno, this is either fake or not looking all that hot. The data sheets better be bonkers good. Same with strats/traits/relics.

This, really isnt going to save this book for me. I'm sorry, I know I slag on this edition a lot already but this one hurts even worse. Rules are not going to save this. Strats *spits* are absolutely not going to save this. Traits and Relics...well those are nice and all but thats just a bit of fluff, a bit of shine at the end.

The unit list? Absolutely wont cut it for me. Needing a SC or Angron himself to provide the 'hero hammer' edition's buffs? Making the 'unique' unit a bigger possessed? What?

I'm sputtering just sitting here even typing this out.

This list better be fake.

Yeah.....looks like red Thousand Sons....too thin. Why bother taking away Havocs when Teeth of Khorne exist in the Lore? Why move Master of Executions to HQ? Why no Raptors or Warp Talons when some Khorne Daemonkin spinoffs of the WE rely on them for their central battle tactics?

No Terminator Lord? Really?

This sounds like some variety of playtest. We'll see. They COULD want to hammer the unit selection this bad, in a colossally ignorant move, but I don't think it likely.

14 minutes ago, GreaterChickenofTzeentch said:

Why move Master of Executions to HQ?

So that there is a generic foot HQ.  Overall I feel you hit it on the head.  It's a red Thousand Sons situation.  TS are all psychic army, WE are all melee army.  Sure there are other things in the codex like daemon engines but those aren't going to see much play and are just there to up the page count enough for you to justify paying for the book 

7 minutes ago, spessmarine said:

- dog faced chaff (with a name that is up GW's aisle)

- something to do with 8 daemons jammed in a dude

- no unique terminators

yeah, that tracks with the leaks

Unfortunate, but you're correct as far as I've been paying attention to things over the past few months.

Well if it's a true list I will be saving a bit (heaps/thousands/lots) of monies by not bothering.

It's still the first time I've been optimistic about something 40k since late 8th but this is a bit of a worry. 

Hopefully a playtest or fake.

2 hours ago, spessmarine said:

- dog faced chaff (with a name that is up GW's aisle)

- something to do with 8 daemons jammed in a dude

- no unique terminators

yeah, that tracks with the leaks

It tracks with the leaks and the end result might be the same regardless, but the names actually are not that GWish..

I mean you just know it was more likely it would have been Bloodbreed Jakhals, Eightbound Skullmongers and Bloodskull Eightmongers...

( and I actually like those crazier names GW makes ; ) )

I'm leaning towards this leak being real.

There are runes on the background, some of the same ones that are found on the CSM and Chaos Knights transfer sheets, but specifically the ones that resemble Khorne icons the most. Codex: Chaos Knights has similar runes on their points page, but they are different. In C:CK, they are also not present on the Datasheet pages. So, if it's fake, the faker clearly didn't just take a datasheet page from another book, and certainly didn't just take another codex's points page and edit that; they would've had to make this page from scratch, using a design language shared by just one other Chaos book (unless it was taken from another page I haven't found yet!).

The units are also listed with their page references out of order - e.g. Jakhals are listed before Khorne Berzerkers, but are on a later page in the book. Similarly, the Heldrake datasheet is on a page later than the Chaos Rhino, but is before it in this list. This sounds like a strike against the legitimacy of the leak, until you notice that Codex: CSM does the same thing; datasheets are arranged on pages in the best way they can fit (I guess), but are listed on the points page in alphabetical order for their section, and the Flyer section is weirdly listed before Dedicated Transport. If it is fake, then that's a pretty intricate detail for the faker to pick up on.

On a similar note about the page numbers: if this is a layout proof before it gets sent to the printers, then the page numbers may not be final. I don't know much about the publishing process, but I imagine those page numbers would be dynamically linked to their references, so that if you move a datasheet do a different page, then every reference to that datasheet also updates the page reference. That might explain the gap between Angron and the Lord of Skulls: maybe it's simply not on the right page yet. Someone who does know about the publishing process can feel free to correct me, though!

This might also explain another thing that was irking me: the page is perfectly straight, which would never happen if the leaker just quickly scanned the image, and was making me think it was fake. It being a digital proof copy makes sense: the leaker simply screenshot the page, then cropped and compressed it.

Finally, there are two potential leakers on the World Eaters Discord who have mentioned that the list of units "looks right". One of them wasn't sure about the points values, but otherwise confirmed that the unit names appear correct. If it's fake, then the faker either a) knows about the real leaks or b) is colluding with the source of those leakers' information in a concerted effort to spread false rumours.

If this thing does turn out to be fake, then I have to applaud the faker for their attention to detail and the months-long con in leaking out fake information first.

As for the disappointment about the size of this release: I hear you. World Eaters have been my main army for over 20 years now. I have tons of them (at last count, I have around 15,000pts of painted World Eaters) and I estimate that around 2,000pts of those will be unusable in this Codex. It's sad to see so many units suddenly become unusable, but I figure worst-case scenario is that I can just use my army as another Legion in C:CSM if I really want to use those units.

However, we also still don't have the full picture, so I am waiting until we do before I start groaning ;)

9 hours ago, Commander Dawnstar said:

I'm supremely skeptical. The last listed datasheet is on page 66 yet the points are on page 88, when in the last Codex released (LoV) that's only a gap of page 99-102.

Chaos Daemons has their last datasheet on p127, with points on pp148-149. That gap can easily be explained as having their Crusade rules.

Edited by Cheex

1 hour ago, Cheex said:

Chaos Daemons has their last datasheet on p127, with points on pp148-149. That gap can easily be explained as having their Crusade rules.

Huh. Fair enough. That does seem rather weird though given that, at least as far as I've been able to check, every other Codex this edition seems to have put its Crusade rules before the Datasheets.

Classic GW inconsistency I guess...

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

11 hours ago, Commander Dawnstar said:

I'm supremely skeptical. The last listed datasheet is on page 66 yet the points are on page 88, when in the last Codex released (LoV) that's only a gap of page 99-102.

In The Last codexes crusade is at the bottom, after the datasheets

What I was afraid of after seeing the initial leaks was that WE would end up being really one-dimensional, and it appears to be the case. Those fast attack and heavy support choices look really uninspiring. I hope there will be some fun special rules to give some utility besides the usual anti-psycher stuff.

I'm still looking forward to seeing all the new models! Probably just end up building a small force of WE if the rest of the models will look as nice as the previews.

21 minutes ago, lansalt said:

That and the lack of chaos lord/terminator lord makes this leak very suspect... or GW decisions very stupid. :sweat:

Sadly the second seems more likely to me. 

I mean it matches up to the leaks doesn’t it? And they’ve been accurate so far. 

10 hours ago, GreaterChickenofTzeentch said:

Yeah.....looks like red Thousand Sons....too thin. Why bother taking away Havocs when Teeth of Khorne exist in the Lore? Why move Master of Executions to HQ? Why no Raptors or Warp Talons when some Khorne Daemonkin spinoffs of the WE rely on them for their central battle tactics?

I'm not happy with Havocs being gone but Teeth of Khorne don't exist in the lore, they're pure fanon. Havocs have always been the second WE unit banned after Sorcerers.

It sucks but I was prepared for everthing except the lack of basic foot lords.

The real issue is not knowing if this codex is going to apply to 9th ed or if its going to be rapidly invalidated with a big second wave like Sisters were.