Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

35 minutes ago, Vazzy said:

Has anyone’s LE copy of End and the Death shipped in the US yet? 

Those won't start shipping until the 25th - that's almost always how pre-orders off the GW webstore work. They go up on Saturday, and officially become "available" the following week. In practice, it also means you can expect to have the items actually ship the following work week. In my experience, it is not uncommon for my pre-orders to actually ship up to a week after the "official" release date.

53 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

Those won't start shipping until the 25th - that's almost always how pre-orders off the GW webstore work. They go up on Saturday, and officially become "available" the following week. In practice, it also means you can expect to have the items actually ship the following work week. In my experience, it is not uncommon for my pre-orders to actually ship up to a week after the "official" release date.

Huh. Did that change recently? I feel like they used to ship prior to the release date so you could have it on the date. Appreciate it tho!

54 minutes ago, Vazzy said:

Huh. Did that change recently? I feel like they used to ship prior to the release date so you could have it on the date. Appreciate it tho!

That has not been my experience for the past... at least two years, and I'd say ever since 'round about the COVID lockdowns in the US (I'm in California, so it was about March of 2020). My experience has been they ship webstore orders after the official release date, and never before/during the week-long span from pre-order.

I've had orders ship a week+ after the official release date so frequently that nowadays I just assume that will be the case, and view it as a relative "reliability over speed" trade-off.

2 hours ago, chevalierdulys said:

I've got The End and the Death (Not LE, that one is coming) and it has almost 700 pages and the next one concludes. It says on the last page. 

Btw, really enjoyed First Founding. Basically it's a 300 pages hardcover with plently of photos and explains each individual chapter. Each Chapter was written by an author (I believe four of them) and it gives information on history and special stuff. Pretty good as a coffee table kind of book. Probably they will release a chaos as well because it makes perfect sense. They only have to write the story/lore and with all images laying around (that's one thing I notice, I knew most of them from other novels and from GW website) it's easy 60€ for them.

Not a preorder but I would like your opinion, someone offered (well to me to pay) Khârn, Sistes of Battle box set, storm of iron & Triump of Saint Katharine for around 400€ Is this a good deal? Bear in mind that I will not resell so it's for my collection

I wouldn't do that deal, no.  I think it's around 100 euro too high.

Try the BL Nutters facebook group, there are experts on there who know exactly what 'target price' you should shoot for.  eBay sold prices are also useful.

It looks like people in the EU have started to receive their SoT hardbacks from GW.  Multiple people have posted photos of their copies.  It looks like its over 600 pages long (contrary to the 560 that amazon listed).

With the GW books now in peoples hands, I wonder of the moderators will kindly let us talk about the book in the relevant thread?

edit - oh wow, it's 657 pages in total!  Presumably the LE will be approaching 680 with the exclusive pictures and author essay.  Is this the longest ever BL single novel?

Edited by Ubiquitous1984

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

It looks like people in the EU have started to receive their SoT hardbacks from GW.  Multiple people have posted photos of their copies.  It looks like its over 600 pages long (contrary to the 560 that amazon listed).

With the GW books now in peoples hands, I wonder of the moderators will kindly let us talk about the book in the relevant thread?

edit - oh wow, it's 657 pages in total!  Presumably the LE will be approaching 680 with the exclusive pictures and author essay.  Is this the longest ever BL single novel?

Close to 150K words, same as Saturnine. Mortis is 160K

9 hours ago, chevalierdulys said:

I've got The End and the Death (Not LE, that one is coming) and it has almost 700 pages and the next one concludes. It says on the last page.

Does it actually say it'll conclude in volume 2? The ebook apparently just says:

TO BE CONTINUED IN
THE END AND THE DEATH: VOLUME II

No word about a conclusion. There's no afterword either.

24 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

It will be 3 parts, the cover art alone gurantees it. The fact that it ended with so many balls still in the air hammers it home.  Tho Abnett rushing the ending would be hilarious.

I think volume 2 should be the last book and just be a novella with one page chapters that just summarise the closure of all the plot points.

Just to annoy the Abnett haters.

27 minutes ago, System Sound said:

The last volume is just a short story. Where Loken monologues about the whole siege. Only using fancy words that everyone will have to look up the meaning to.

"Upon that ill-starred day, my corporeal manifestation chanced to be present as a witness to the direful happening in which the rogue Warmaster Horus, in audacious breach of his most sacrosanct obligations, did dare to impugn the imperial dignity of the most venerable Emperor..."

16 hours ago, chevalierdulys said:

Btw, really enjoyed First Founding. Basically it's a 300 pages hardcover with plently of photos and explains each individual chapter. Each Chapter was written by an author (I believe four of them) and it gives information on history and special stuff. Pretty good as a coffee table kind of book. Probably they will release a chaos as well because it makes perfect sense. They only have to write the story/lore and with all images laying around (that's one thing I notice, I knew most of them from other novels and from GW website) it's easy 60€ for them.

Not a preorder but I would like your opinion, someone offered (well to me to pay) Khârn, Sistes of Battle box set, storm of iron & Triump of Saint Katharine for around 400€ Is this a good deal? Bear in mind that I will not resell so it's for my collection

So you'd recommend it then?

Is it just a retelling of prior codices, novels, etc or is there actually some juicy new stuff or is it decently retold?

Also what's the page count in total?

And are all chapters equally treated or do we have a focus on Ultramarines as posterboys?

3 hours ago, DukeLeto69 said:

I think volume 2 should be the last book and just be a novella with one page chapters that just summarise the closure of all the plot points.

Just to annoy the Abnett haters.

Yeah him tanking the last book in the flagship series will sure show them! 

:laugh:

For sure tho, where are these 'haters'. This is the third thread someone mentions them but i never actually see any haters?

Edited by Nagashsnee

Just on a non-End and the Death side note. For you audio listeners, I got a Audible notification saying 15 Hours was available for pre-order. I got it into my wish list but they've taken it down again (had the same thing happen before Echoes of Eternity released, just getting the store page ready I imagine)

Release date 11 March, narrator Tom Allenby

On 2/18/2023 at 7:11 PM, aa.logan said:

It’s honestly not the money. I’m mighty fortunate; I could afford one of the buy it now scalpers but I’m finding that I’m not *that* bothered, which is quite a surprise considering how stressed each previous release has made me. I might even wait for the paperback release to read this.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in the book haul thread; I’ll add some pictures to it later. 

Well, despite my previous claim of not being that bothered, I’m about to get off a train in Nottingham and wait overnight outside Warhammer World to try and grab a copy that the staff there have told me should be available.

Id just like you to keep in mind I missed out on the LE because I was sidetracked shopping for fancy rugs online and lost track of time until I realize it was 8 minutes passed 12:55 here because someone bitched at me we needed a new rug. I at least got the LE of Iron Kingdom as a conciliation but man am i buttflustered on that one. 

I think every time now without fail I will be setting an alarm on my PC for 5 minutes beforehand.

2 hours ago, aa.logan said:

Finally a queue!

Good luck!  That’s true dedication to the cause.  There are three people in the queue posting about it in the BL Nutters group on facebook.  Also I’m sure you’ll already be aware of this, but GW put an announcement on FB that they are going to let you guys in early to ensure there is no running, falling etc to secure the limited copies.  

Edit - someone on fb has reported that there are only 15 copies, but unsure if this is also inclusive of Iron Kingdom LE’s too.

Edited by Ubiquitous1984