On 2/7/2023 at 4:00 PM, 01RTB01 said:

Nothing says subtle like chonky armour belching smoke and clanking down the corridors lol. It'd be an interesting box.

Some Orks aren't subtle. they just want the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2/8/2023 at 10:54 PM, Harleqvin said:

Get enough of them and you can have Truescaled Genestealers to go against the possible upscaled Termies the rumors are talking about.

Dont tempt me. It'll be bad enough if they do give us new terminators to try and resist the urge to redo a full Deathwing company (if they do them well)

So the SM Boarding Patrol is one of the items getting a chunky price increase in March according to the US pricelist update (from USD110 to 130, which probably means the UK price going from £65 to £80). Probably safe to assume all the others will be at that price when they come out too.

14 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

Man, that Necron box is GREAT for established Necron players.  I don’t have any triarchs or those type destroyers.  I have tons of warriors but can always use more reapers.  I’m tempted to buy 2.

For some. The inclusion of Ophydian Destroyers grabbed my interest right away but I've got some Praetorians already and just received another set through the Imperium magazine that I built as Lychguard, so those two squads are dupes for me, and I've already got 40 Warriors which makes the whole thing a pass sadly.

Have some more.

pNfKiKnGuc56BdFa.jpg

Alongside these, the Space Marine Boarding Patrol that’s out now, and the three further sets recently announced for the Necrons, Tyranids, and Grey Knights, there are even more boxes to come for other factions in the 41st Millennium.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Thematically better than the previous batches. GSC has my favorite models of that line.. could be tempting XD

Interestingly so far they all seem to cover their rule exceptions ( Fleshhounds in daemons, 2 characters in GSC, Ophydian destroyers in necron) wich makes me think we will see at least Dark reapers in the Eldar box and gretchin (+ handler as a second character) in the Orks box. Drukhari has a lot of rule exceptions/specifications but that would require lots of new plastic, so thats unlikely to apply there. ( I think it might be indicative of them planning their range rotation soon though, likely with the court only being available as 1 of each together.)

I did some guess work for the two I'm interested in from the latest batch. Assuming USD 110 price point like the Space Marine one:

Death Guard: USD 195, $85 savings

Chaos Daemons: USD 186, $76 savings

Necrons: USD 220, $110 savings

Also, it went unadvertised, but the Necron Warrior sprues come with 3 Scarabs.... Yeah, I may be spending some money for these. It's really just a question of if I want my Daemons to stay mono-Nurgle or branch out a bit.

Edited by jaxom

50 minutes ago, jaxom said:

Assuming USD 110 price point like the Space Marine one

That price Increases to $115 on March 6, so it's probably safe to assume the rest will launch at that price too.

Based on that $115 converting at GW rates to £70, the announced boxes have the following discount rates (based on GBP pricing), ranked best to worst.

1. Chaos Space Marines 47.17%
  2. Necrons 46.15%
  3. Adeptus Mechanicus 42.86%
  4. Death Guard & Tyranids 40.93%
  5. Genestealer Culs 38.60%
  6. Chaos Daemons 38.05%
  7. Space Marines 31.03%
  8. Grey Knights 30.00%

4 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

That price Increases to $115 on March 6, so it's probably safe to assume the rest will launch at that price too.

Based on that $115 converting at GW rates to £70, the announced boxes have the following discount rates (based on GBP pricing), ranked best to worst.

2. Necrons 46.15%
  6. Chaos Daemons 38.05%
  7. Space Marines 31.03%
  8. Grey Knights 30.00%

Do these calculations take into account the raised prices of the content too ? because some of the prices go up so much ( Ive seen as much as 20%) that might make the boxes even more of a discount... that is assuming they all are the same price as the spacemarine box.

8 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

2. Necrons 46.15%
  6. Chaos Daemons 38.05%
  7. Space Marines 31.03%
  8. Grey Knights 30.00%

I would be very surprised if they will all be the same price. Not only because the discount would be wildly different, but also because the Broken Realms boxsets that AoS got during their final campaign in 2.0 had different prices too

Edited by Matrindur

28 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Yeah, Death Guard have got a nice box here.

Ad Mech screwed again; seriously, how many Kataphrons (& Skitarii) do they think people really want??

I wish they'd just call a Khorne box a Khorne box for once.

It's worse than that, it's got the same old same old Tech Priest Dominus in there... They could have thrown us a bone with the Skitarii Marshall

31 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Good catch, I was thinking of them as starter boxes and they're really not.

14 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Yeah, Death Guard have got a nice box here.

Ad Mech screwed again; seriously, how many Kataphrons (& Skitarii) do they think people really want??

I wish they'd just call a Khorne box a Khorne box for once.

There isnt really much else to go in there, despite everything having dual profiles, kitwise the admech range is quite small. ( this set includes all viable boardingpatrol options excluding electropriests, wich are often missing but also sound as if they arent too popular somehow.)

One could also say Greyknights are screwed ( the same 2 kits again) or Deathguard are screwed (plaguemarines again) but they also have the advantage of having appeared in less boxes than Admech have over the years...

There will probably be a lot of "we've seen that before" boxes, since the limited boarding patrol rosters also happen to be things already often appearing in other boxes.

27 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Deathguard are screwed (plaguemarines again)

I think it goes back to GW's studio wanting to push the Infantry-Heavy Narrative for Death Guard armies. If any new DG codex has something like an Army of Renown for the constructs (blight-crawlers, drones, etc) then I'd expect more of those units in box sets. 

1 hour ago, jaxom said:

I think it goes back to GW's studio wanting to push the Infantry-Heavy Narrative for Death Guard armies. If any new DG codex has something like an Army of Renown for the constructs (blight-crawlers, drones, etc) then I'd expect more of those units in box sets. 

More likely because DG can only take infantry for boarding actions, no?

Nurgle be praised there's no poxwalkers in this box.

Yeah, I'll agree that the Admech one is pretty dull. It's a drawback of having two dual-build plastic kits for all your Troop choices. Every army box (barring Apocalypse) looks really samey. I would have liked more variety since I have Skitarii and Kataphrons waiting to be built from a Start Collecting and the Imperium mag. I'd not mind having a squad of Electro Priests to mix things up. If they could cram a unit of 10 in there even better.

Haha the GW community team is so full of themselves.

three of which are taken from the much-sought-after Plague Marine Reinforcements set. 

Much sought after? People are lining up to pay $42 for 3 plague marines with set loadouts (of mostly bolters) when $55 gets you 7 with all the wargear? Right...