Sky-hunter Squadrons (Plastic Jetbikes!)

On the dimensions point, presumably the rider is in the new mk vi proportions. This means the seat and handle bars probably have to scale up a bit compared to the resin. Then that has a knock-on effect to the rest. I’m expecting same length but overall slightly chunkier model. That might help them with converting some resin details too.

8 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Wow that's one hell of a mess-up to either publish the wrong file. Or to quickly damage control walk back some price raises. Neither one makes them look really good. 

Yeah, no joke. Trade sheets can be key indicators for stores ordering. The screwup would send sticker shock to anyone trying to order from their distributors. There is also the possibility a distributor doesn't find out the sheet they got was wrong and accidentally messes a bunch of stuff up on their end.

Don't mess with supply chains, yo. That's my word of advice.

56 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Wow that's one hell of a mess-up to either publish the wrong file. Or to quickly damage control walk back some price raises. Neither one makes them look really good. 

I mean they aren't going to walk back price rises because some people on the internet complained, because we do that every single time. Must be that the initial file was wrong.

It's possible that they used the wrong formula when making the initial calculations. I've been working in purchasing for a few months, and I've seen how horribly messed up everything can get from a decimal being in the wrong place on Excel when you're trying to calculate VAT, as an example.

Looks like a tab on the guns to slot in so should be easy to swap. Might want a couple of magnets just so they don’t drop out?

Separate riders and one bike per sprue certainly gives them options going forward. 

Very nice to see the bikes separate. I thought they might do that given how they designed the other kits.

As for the price document, I highly doubt it was some thing to make you more okay with the 6% rise. Given experience seeing something like that before, I reckon someone will be in a lot of trouble for that.

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

Oh... now I'm torn. The implied hope of earlier armour wearing riders later down the line makes these significantly less appealing.

Depends on how long you're willing to wait. Considering they're giving us contemptor torsos and heads before breachers/ assault marines I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:07 AM, SkimaskMohawk said:

Honestly, I'm not thrilled by the price.

Yea they're way cheaper than their resin versions, but also...more than Custodes bikers. Doesn't feel like it follows the same pricing scheme as the rest of the range, where everything feels like a good deal compared to comparable plastic kits. 

just highlighting that this concern got resolved in the most tragi-comical way

I kinda figured this is how they would go about the bikers sprue layout. Ensures new marine releases everytime they luanch a new mark of armour wich I imagine will be a yearly or bi-yearly thing. Also yeah Preator on jetbike/bike and whatnot. Some good news for people like me who like to build armies around armour marks wich is kinda the whole reason Heresy legions are so fun to build.

4 hours ago, soviet1337 said:

I wonder if it's more to work with a future outrider bike kit. 

Not sure about that ; the FW Space Marines on Outrider Bike wear their backpack/power plant.

The Scimitar riders do not (and have a specific rear torso + cabling to link them to their mount).

Edited by Old-Four-Arms