Sky-hunter Squadrons (Plastic Jetbikes!)

Yeah that was brutal. Did manage to get some in the end but at a lower discount (was their last lot too). My FLGS who have never let me down before had sold out at 10:02!

Still available on the UK GW store as of 10:13 if anyone is really stuck.

Edited by Burni

So should probably expect delays. Okay fine, I’ll work on my pile of shame!

Anyone know if review copies were sent out? Am interested to see the weapon mounts in detail and how easy it will be to keep the rider separate to paint. 

Edited by Burni

2 hours ago, Mr Farson said:

Having a glance over those sprues there's no doubt in my mind they will produce alternative Armour mk riders for that bike

Might even do that as a forgeworld resin upgrade? I know they said forgeworld would be for legion specific stuff - maybe White Scars would get resin Mkii ahead of the pack?

Having the riders on a completely different sprue from the bikes makes this the smartest designed bike kit GW has ever done. Really straightforward for them to do characters or command squads or unique units or other armour marks.

Would love to see this method implemented across other biker types in 40k.

That's not the best orientation to show size difference, if any, unfortunately. Big object further away and all that. If the opinion of the person holding the physical model is that they are the same size, then that's a better measure than an angled photo.

I may be wrong here, but it looks to me like the opening on the front of the plastic bike - where the weapon goes - is larger on the plastic bike. If this was the case, it would make the nose shorter, as the wider gap would mean that the tapering nose meets that gap sooner. You could change the taper to be less pronounced to achieve the same overall length, but then you change much of the shape of the front with it.

Edited by Legionary Pallas

58 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

It says theyre identicle when they're...not. The nose is clearly smaller.

image.thumb.png.bcac92a84663c86c7bfd244dba334972.png

image.png.f3601fb447b0754fc222f64f242cfacd.png

The placement of the aquila on the plastic bike is creating somewhat of an optical illusion here though. The aquila on the FW resin bike is further up than it is on the plastic one. Your may be right that the nose on the resin on is longer, however the aquila being slightly further back on the plastic bike creates a bit of an illusion of the nose appearing shorter compared to the resin. 

Spoiler

"Can't find any actual difference" -> this refers to length/size due to the "stubbier" comment about a percieved discrepancy preceding that statement.
Pretty close to identical=//=identical.

An as others have said, you need to look at the bottom of the front because of the optical illusion. Note, I had to rescale the bikes a bit to get them to the about the same relative size, but that shouldn't matter for showing the illusion.

image.png.303dbe18c35b3afb80a793f37cc9ef31.png

3 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Taken from the goonhammer review, they are smaller than the resin ones.

image.thumb.png.4bc3dd494621e01a962b4b409c1b5563.png

That image does not show anything other than one bike being further from the camera than the other haha. Of course the bike above (grey plastic) is going to appear smaller.. it's further away. The perspective doesn't help. 

But here's the thing, FW wouldn't make them noticeably larger or smaller, they'd have them the same scale as the existing resin bikes so that the new plastic kits fit in alongside peoples existing resin bikes already in their armies.. 

6 hours ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

The plastic bike is stubbier.

Yep, plastic has a shorter front and end bit. You don't need lengths, just check out the angles, especially the curve of the front part.

The marine is also bigger than the resin one, his compartment takes more space of the entire model. It turns out looking stubbier.