Sky-hunter Squadrons (Plastic Jetbikes!)

1 hour ago, Brother_Angelus said:

Has anyone had even the slightest hint that this is actually happening?

Or is there just a section of the community chanting Mk2, Mk5, Mk2, Mk5 back and forth hoping to manifest it into being?

they sell, Mk III, Mk IV, and Mk VI, the latter of which was a push onto itself rather than just a small HH release
so, someday there will probably be more to push some more HH merch, don't know if GW will do all the marks though

the tactical marine box is basically Mk VII so that's 4 armour marks I guess

MK II and V are almost certainly going to happen eventually, just a question of when and in what context. Right now, we're pretty strongly in 'late heresy', so I'd think MK V has more potential than MK II in the near term, but who knows what they do. Later on, they'll want to do Istvaan III or something again, and MK 2 will match up with a marketing push for some campaign/box/edition/whatever there.

Back on topic, glad to see these out early. Going to have to pick some up to add some Ravenwing to my 1st Legion.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

2 minutes ago, Duymon said:

So is it safe to assume they'll release these in two separate sku's ? One 3-pack and one individual pack like they did with the FW version?

They'll probaly be very closer in price to the Primaris Outrider squadron

Doubt they'll sell singles. I'd expect it to purely be squadrons of 3.

What will be interesting is if the rider parts are separate from the actual bike piece. If it is the case, it leaves them open to releasing characters for it or different armor marks.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

4 minutes ago, Duymon said:

So is it safe to assume they'll release these in two separate sku's ? One 3-pack and one individual pack like they did with the FW version?

I doubt it.

Once we see the sprues we'll know. If the bits are all over it'll be a no. If it's 3 part sprues/ full sprues identical than maybe. I wouldn't expect so though.

Price will be known on the morrow.

=][= Merged some double posts =][= 

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

GW only shows single products in marketing photos, since they're shown in a unit of 3, I assume that's how they'll be sold - I imagine a character on bike will come as a single later down the line. 

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

£37.50 is the price.

Amazing if so. Count me in for loads. My BA want a command squad and my alphas need tank harassment. 

How are people using them in HH

Edited by Xenith

On 1/24/2023 at 4:44 PM, Vassakov said:

Love them, want a squad or two for my XVII Legion project. 

Given I've mixed in a load of CSM bits to give them an "early stage of corruption" feel, the Mk VI design isn't an issue for me and I think at this stage it's crystal clear that (at least for now) Mk VI is going to be the way to go for Heresy kits.

Pricewise... if we're lucky, at the Custodes bike price (£36), if we're unlucky £45-47.50.

Well, I had to get lucky about something at some point. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

Does anybody have a size comparison of one of the existing Resin jetbikes vs an oldschool biker and/or a Primaris Outrider?

51 minutes ago, Xenith said:

I don't have an image, however I recall that the jetbikes are considerably longer than normal bikes. 

18 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

plastic bike and resin jetbike

The plastic counterpart looks to be a tad shorter judging by the proportions of the coil-section in front of the rider and the very front/weapon housings, but not significantly so. I'm guessing they'll be slightly longer than an Outrider bike,

1674164212941599 (1).jpg

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

3 hours ago, Xenith said:

=][= Merged some double posts =][= 

GW only shows single products in marketing photos, since they're shown in a unit of 3, I assume that's how they'll be sold - I imagine a character on bike will come as a single later down the line. 

Amazing if so. Count me in for loads. My BA want a command squad and my alphas need tank harassment. 

How are people using them in HH

I'm certainly not posting prices at 2am (local time) that are wrong, better things to be doing like sleeping! They are correct.