Warhammer Preview LVO - 27.01.2023

1 minute ago, Triszin said:

Reminds me of the redemptor dreadnaught leg plates

It's definitely a vehicle or dreadnought with those markings. I would guess it's more like the chest plate of the redemptor though, with how flat those panels are. That's also normally where they put the company marking.

to clarify, obviously in a vacuum that image its color is purple

However, GW regularily used filters/lighting in their imaging that makes the ultramarines almost exactly that kind of purple.. but our eyes read it as blue because of the context around it, I had seen images were it was stronger but the closest I have is this.. however the more I look at it the more I just see purple.. ;

bluebecomespurple.jpg

Nonetheless I think its the dreadnought

Edited by TheMawr
last bit

I think a lot of people here are reading too much into things. GW always make images of countdowns in styles indicative of their settings - but they aren’t always of what they’re looking to reveal. Could this be Ultramarines, could it be 3rd Legion? Doesn’t matter until we start seeing the reveals, and I’m not going to be getting my hopes up for a countdown.

3 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

I think a lot of people here are reading too much into things. GW always make images of countdowns in styles indicative of their settings - but they aren’t always of what they’re looking to reveal. Could this be Ultramarines, could it be 3rd Legion? Doesn’t matter until we start seeing the reveals, and I’m not going to be getting my hopes up for a countdown.

as far as I remember the countdowns have always had associations with the reveals.. do you have an example from when it wasnt ?

edit: though people are reading too much into the III.. it just means III days to go

edit 2:  Maybe our mindset isnt that different, I indeed dont think this is as specific as ultramarines or as just said a 3rd company or 3rd legion. Its just a generic spacemarine image... but that does mean a spacemarine related reveal, this picture would not be used for an eldar reveal or a chaos reveal for example. If thats what you meant too then apologies :)

Edited by TheMawr

Just now, m_r_parker said:

I’m pretty certain they are at least almost always related to the reveals, if not always related to the reveals. 

26 minutes ago, Misterduch said:

Ultramarine 3rd company?

2nd company, 3rd vehicle. GW have been inconsistent with these markings, sometimes the number is for vehicle or squad (for transports), sometimes for the company, but the colour always shows company. It would be a red circle if it was the 3rd company.

Edited by Ramell

2 hours ago, Ramell said:

2nd company, 3rd vehicle. GW have been inconsistent with these markings, sometimes the number is for vehicle or squad (for transports), sometimes for the company, but the colour always shows company. It would be a red circle if it was the 3rd company.

That's the way it SHOULD be, but the current vehicle transfer sheet specifically labels those as "COMPANY NUMBERS." Not "Company colors" or "Squad numbers" or some variation thereof.

99120101191_RedemptorDreadnought07.jpg

Edited by Lord Nord

Chances are they took a close shot of the 2nd company marking and either decided to edit this to a three because whatever they have for tomorrow countdown picture looks better or is harder to edit.

Or they are just trying to misdirect despite it being otherwise super obvious, all for the sake of the tease. "Oooh whatever could this be, it's an enigma, a conundrum, a riddle, a mystery, etc."

10 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

That's the way it SHOULD be, but the current vehicle transfer sheet specifically labels those as "COMPANY NUMBERS." Not "Company colors" or "Squad numbers" or some variation thereof.

That's because those are all 2nd Company vehicle company markings. That is consistent with the standard markings detailed in the various books I have that go into it, from Insignium Astartes to the 9th ed. C:SM. The exceptions to that rule include the vehicles in the old 2nd Company studio army that's pictured in, among others, the 4th and 5th ed. C:SMs. There the vehicles have different numbers, mostly* for the squads, but always in a yellow circle.

The point is that when there's a disconnect between the number and the colour, the colour always matches the company colour. Yellow is always the 2nd, regardless of the number. 

*the exception is a Predator numbered VI, obviously not a squad transport.

1 hour ago, Ramell said:

That's because those are all 2nd Company vehicle company markings. That is consistent with the standard markings detailed in the various books I have that go into it, from Insignium Astartes to the 9th ed. C:SM. The exceptions to that rule include the vehicles in the old 2nd Company studio army that's pictured in, among others, the 4th and 5th ed. C:SMs. There the vehicles have different numbers, mostly* for the squads, but always in a yellow circle.

The point is that when there's a disconnect between the number and the colour, the colour always matches the company colour. Yellow is always the 2nd, regardless of the number. 

*the exception is a Predator numbered VI, obviously not a squad transport.

I don't disagree that that's how it SHOULD be, as I said in my original quote, but again... the label for these transfers is Company NUMBERS. Not Company Colors. Not Squad Numbers. Not Company Colors / Squad Numbers.

Company NUMBERS. You might argue they have it wrong, but you can't argue that Company NUMBERS is consistent with your argument.

28 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

I don't disagree that that's how it SHOULD be, as I said in my original quote, but again... the label for these transfers is Company NUMBERS. Not Company Colors. Not Squad Numbers. Not Company Colors / Squad Numbers.

Company NUMBERS. You might argue they have it wrong, but you can't argue that Company NUMBERS is consistent with your argument.

Company numbers on company colors. Yellow II, red III, green IV and so on. That's how GW says it's supposed to be, and that's how it is on the transfer sheet you posted. All yellow, all II. And it is consistent with the transfers jimbo1701 posted as well. Those aren't squad numbers on company colors, and I never claimed they were.

But it's not yellow circle with the company numbers. It's never yellow circle with III for the third, or yellow circle with IV for the fourth. Only the most narrow reading of a header on a single transfer sheet says anything that could be construed to mean that. That is not how GW does company markings for Ultramarines vehicles. 

The thing about squad/vehicle numbers was meant to illustrate that a yellow circle with a number other than II still means 2nd company, as GW has also done that on an official studio army, to reinforce the importance of the colour over the number when they, on rare occasions, do not align. It is an aberration, but this combined with the otherwise consistent yellow/II for vehicles of the second should be enough to say that the marking in the preview image is not meant to be a vehicle from the 3rd company. That would be wholly inconsistent with everything else. 

9 hours ago, tinpact said:

Huh, there's an idea for a WarCom filler article: who's the goodest boy of them all?

How many dog miniatures do they have in all? There's the Thunderwolves, the Hellhounds and Karanak, the Enforcer dog, and then from AoS the Stormcast bird dogs, the goblin wolves, the undead wolves, wargs from Middle Earth, and...any more?

The nasty hobbitses have dogs too.

image.thumb.png.79ad00d031d92f7c082e8f5af24e2584.png

Edited by SpaceDwalin

Also orlocks have cyborg dogs (and aesthically fitting)

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Orlock-Arms-Masters-and-Wreckers-2020

WHU witchhunters have 2 dogs

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/warhammer-underworlds-hexbanes-hunters-2022-eng

And lets not forget the rogue trader dog

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/kill-team-elucidian-starstriders-2022

There was also a chaos warband for WHU with a small blind bulldog thing, but its gone like most WHU stuff