Warhammer Preview LVO - 27.01.2023

2 hours ago, Mjasghar said:

The codex has some quality to it so clearly not written by Failgrim

It was jesting combining the obvious Codex: SM iconography with the idea that the color was purple and not UM blue.

Edit: You may be jesting too after reading it a second time. We're all following Cegorach now, it's honk honk time.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

5 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It was jesting combining the obvious Codex: SM iconography with the idea that the color was purple and not UM blue.

Edit: You may be jesting too after reading it a second time. We're all following Cegorach now, it's honk honk time.

Custard pies for the custard pie god, clown shoes for the clown shoe throne!

12 hours ago, Mjasghar said:

The codex has some quality to it so clearly not written by Failgrim

Even thought the Emperors Children were so badass and did codex tactics better than the smurfs  in some cases so Girlyman re wrote parts of it.

On 1/24/2023 at 9:34 PM, TheMawr said:

to clarify, obviously in a vacuum that image its color is purple

However, GW regularily used filters/lighting in their imaging that makes the ultramarines almost exactly that kind of purple.. but our eyes read it as blue because of the context around it, I had seen images were it was stronger but the closest I have is this.. however the more I look at it the more I just see purple.. ;

bluebecomespurple.jpg

Nonetheless I think its the dreadnought

The pitting and fine detail in this make me believe it's not a model at all. I think it's an UM 2nd company themed D6... that would explain the weird III in a 2nd company circle too...

Edited by Richard S. Ta
additional words

I've never assumed any of these were actual photos of models or anything before. Thought they were computer generated? Y'know they thematically tie in to what's going to be revealed, but it's not like they're rumour engine pics.

Like this one teasing Seraphon for AoS:

20230125_121057.thumb.jpg.c0ab50f6cc40b15873bafbcfd7c3cd85.jpg

19 minutes ago, Richard S. Ta said:

The pitting and fine detail in this make me believe it's not a model at all. I think it's an UM 2nd company themed D6... that would explain the weird III in a 2nd company circle too...

I dont think they ever are models or even referencing specific models it is always an abstract flavor image to show the countdown number ( 3 in this case), I really think I formulated it wrong XD

I think what they will reveal is the rumored new primaris dreadnought (and the big gunners), because I think that image is supposed to be an abstract 40k marine flavor (just as the new one is a abstract lizardmen flavor.) not because I think that image is part of said model/dreadnought. Thats just coincedence ( they would have used a similar image if they were to reveal just a new lieutenant imho.)

Definitely hoping to see the kill team arbites vs trueborn for kill team. Been waiting over 20 years for arbites! 

40k wise hopefully a couple more of the aoo character and finally some decent pics of the space marines. Aside from bundling things into boxes tied in to the aoo volumes surely can’t be anything else before 10th now. 

2 hours ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Hoping to see Dark Eldar Trueborn! Hopefully if it’s an upgrade spure it’s on the incubi! Great seeing Arbites coming back too 

it’s clearly drukhari so I think trueborn are as good a bet as any. I would say it’s based on the warriors kit rather than in unit though from that silhouette. 

im really curious to see how all the kill team stuff that has appeared throughout 9th is integrated into 10th edition codexes as it’s been very hit and miss thus far. 

The large combat knife spear in the rumours is a catachan melee weapon used by a character in the old inquisitor game.  The other end is a spiked mace. Catachans were supposed to have whole squads of those guys armed with those things and carbines according to the inquisitor character. At the very least it was a characters weapon. Catachans literally carried mono edged swords as standard. 

If catachan stuff is getting pulled and thats coming in a rumour they may get a new squad kit, maybe everyone will get their own vets, cadians get kasrkin and death Korp are hardened vets in all but name.

Edited by FarvegNugan

13 minutes ago, jimbo1701 said:

it’s clearly drukhari so I think trueborn are as good a bet as any. I would say it’s based on the warriors kit rather than in unit though from that silhouette. 

im really curious to see how all the kill team stuff that has appeared throughout 9th is integrated into 10th edition codexes as it’s been very hit and miss thus far. 

Looking at the video I think you’re right it’s either new a new kit an add on to the Kabalite Raiders 

20 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Looking at the video I think you’re right it’s either new a new kit an add on to the Kabalite Raiders 

Yup. Would make sense in that trueborn are an established part of the lore already. Would also make sense in that the two ‘seasons’ of kill team we have had thus far in this edition have followed the pattern:

q1 starter with 2 new kits 

q2 one upgraded existing kit and 1 new kit 

q3 one upgraded existing kit and 1 new kit 

q4 one upgraded existing kit and 1 new kit 

This kit is effectively q3 for this season. Lots of potential for q4 set too before they reset the setting again. 

Apart from what they lead there isnt really any equipment or visual differences between a sybarite and a dracon ( at least, not since the model line reboot ) just that technically you can make trueborn with the kabalite warriors kit, they have the right gear, just not the right numbers of them.

And I dont think its in the line of expectations to think they will add 3-4 shredders and 3-4 blasters as the kill team upgrade sprues tend to focus more on individualising the operatives, and that would be the opposite of that.

Not saying it wont be trueborn, good chance they reuse the trueborn name (or maybe something as voidborn raiders, trueborn voidhunters.. possibly cthonian voidtruevers ) but I dont think it will just be the all-special weapons team, nor that you can make that with this upgrade kit. (unless they pull a suprise and give kabalites a blacktemplar sized upgrade kit.)

Looking at the birdhandler, I can see the theme going 2 ways, either its full on themed as a new kabalite prey/slavehunting unit ( with traps, trackers, net/web weapons etc. ) or a "factionsampler" unit (this guy being the beastmaster, a "haemonculus" kabalite with support role, haemonculus style head and needlepistol, a "incubi" kabalite wich has a klaive, "lhamean" kabalite with two poisoned blades and poison support role, including a medusae "head" and chained arms so that one is covered in plastic etc.)

in all variants I could see them recutting the Ur-ghul from BSF and include them in this kit.

That said, as much as Im anticipating this one, I'd be suprised if they show the full Arbites team, let alone the dark eldar side.

Im thinking the focus will be heavy on the AoS games.