5 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Just a quick side by side

slapdash.png

Seeing them side by side and I think every part of him is improved, minus the rear jump Pack fins.

I would have reduced the design on the legs somewhat, but then that could be overly shaded when painted.

So...

He is definitely Primaris. This was one particular character who was branded "high risk" for crossing the Rubicon. Now that he has done so, it's time for everyone to do so.

The jump pack looks like the one in the Space Marine 2 trailer and art. This must be the MkX Jump Pack that will probably appear on all Tacticus units going forward. I like it, but only about as much as the old one. 

The model in general is simply a vast improvement over the old one. There really is no comparison. Just the dimensions alone - the old model looks like a child in fancy dress. It's just comically bad and I think GW waited too long to update him! 

Realistically Logan Grimnar needs to be updated next. I would say that he's probably at the top of the list for big characters at this point, but perhaps he can wait as his model was the most recent of all the named Chapter Masters prior to 8th edition?

2 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

I don’t get the hate for fins lol, it actually is a sensible thing on the newer jump pack designs as it’s those that would give a lot of the manoeuvrability 

Comes down to how sensible the model needs to be. A lot of stuff in 40k has to be taken at face value that it just works.

Even with Dante here, he would need something to keep him from cartwheeling forwards onto his face whenever he fires those back-facing rockets, but we assume whatever he has on him is enough to control his movements in every direction.

Ah, well, they have a week to figure something out for adepticon if they do indeed pull their dante reveal ahead. Or they could get their warehouse woes fixed so they don't have to deal with something like this.

Now has our dear leaker sprue pics, or did he just assemble it immediately with no patience to milk this for all it's worth?

12 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Realistically Logan Grimnar needs to be updated next. I would say that he's probably at the top of the list for big characters at this point, but perhaps he can wait as his model was the most recent of all the named Chapter Masters prior to 8th edition?

PETA already has an injunction in place preventing those poor wolves from having to haul around a Primaris version of the Great Wolf.

Although there was a clause in there somewhere about expanding the team. I believe it's officially known as "the Donner and Blitzen Provision."

16 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

I don’t get the hate for fins lol, it actually is a sensible thing on the newer jump pack designs as it’s those that would give a lot of the manoeuvrability 

Cuase it's not brutal. The reason for most of the Primaris hate among us haters. We never asked for fancy fins or He-man marines. We like big rocket boosters and simple shapes and cables and studs. Iron man is not our favorite superhero. Sensibility is for heretics.

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

So, question is, does it look like what was described to you or not?

Yeah, I mentioned in my Dante rumor way back that my source said it was inspired by the Dante book cover, he had those fins on his Jump Pack. Bang on again.

Moving on. I am REALLY curious about the datasheet that might have come with this model - We don't know for certain if one did.

It's possible that this is a 10th edition release.  Imagine if the datasheet could allude to the rules and profiles in the next edition? 

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removed non-constructive OT

Meh. Of course it was never going to happen, but it would've been far more interesting to leave a character as pivotal as Dante as a regular marine and still update him. Same critiques as a few others, head looks weirdly small, calf sculpts are absurd and the pose is off.

22 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Poor GW. I expect he'll be officially revealed tomorrow as a result of this.

The question is, if they do that, and with him being most likely one of the Adepticon reveals, do they fit something else to reveal into his spot of the preview, or just cut that part entirely?

I'm betting on the latter. That's if they don't stick to their guns and ignore the leak, of course, but I'm not sure I find that likely.

11 minutes ago, Spyros said:

What the leak hasn't done (suspicious?) is to post a photo of the instructions leaflet showing the stats...

Compare with shrike maybe? I think M14 is a given, but upgrading the axe to D3 and or giving his Inferno Pistol D6+2 all the time maybe (effectively always hits as if under half range melta weapon)? An additional attack compared to other chapter masters?