Not a fan. I hate his pose.

It looks like he is delicately landing on his tiptoes after a jump-pack boost (where he somehow flew sideways :huh:), instead of smashing from the heavens onto the ground like a comet; like an proper angel of death.

Edited by Quantum

The detail is good.

The pose? A bit undynamic. Imagine taking footage of a really awesome action sequence, and looking at it frame by frame. As you do so, you select a sequence where one awesome action pose transitions through a number of frames to another awesome action pose. Then, you move a few frames to in between either pose to one that is not exactly devoid of dynamism, but is certainly lesser in that regard. This is Dante's pose.

I don't loathe the pose, but I'm not a gushing fan. Some very minor reposing would work wonders.

Looking more at it, the head is a missed opportunity. The Mask is supposed to represent Sanguinius's rage, and that death scream is somehting iconic to the model, and lacking from this model, like you see in this art:

image.png.e6b4187e8489a4eb3b1cbb667f2a8900.png

It just...doesn't look like Sangiunius? Unless the idea is that it's now the Death Mask of Dante after he died when crossing the Rubicon, then was revived or coming back to life? I can see them doing something like that to satisfy both Mephiston's predictions and have a thematic ressurrection for a BA character, and to satisfy Guilliman telling Dante he no longer has to wear his brother's face. 

12 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Looking more at it, the head is a missed opportunity. The Mask is supposed to represent Sanguinius's rage, and that death scream is somehting iconic to the model, and lacking from this model, like you see in this art:

image.png.e6b4187e8489a4eb3b1cbb667f2a8900.png

It just...doesn't look like Sangiunius? Unless the idea is that it's now the Death Mask of Dante after he died when crossing the Rubicon, then was revived or coming back to life? I can see them doing something like that to satisfy both Mephiston's predictions and have a thematic ressurrection for a BA character, and to satisfy Guilliman telling Dante he no longer has to wear his brother's face. 

The classic head design is better, but I don't think they would dare to take away the death mask of Sanguinius. However, to go a bit off rails with your "Death Mask of Dante" idea, it would be pretty funny if Dante truly died during Rubicon and someone else took his identity and memories like they used to with Ishidur Ossuros and now we would have immortal "Dante" wearing death mask of his predecessor..

Just like Azrael, a good Primaris-fying of a classic model that keeps the original's pose and style while integrating modern Primaris sensibilities. Interesting that someone who could paint as good as we've seen "accidentally" got it early, but maybe strange things occasionally happen...

13 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Just like Azrael, a good Primaris-fying of a classic model that keeps the original's pose and style while integrating modern Primaris sensibilities. Interesting that someone who could paint as good as we've seen "accidentally" got it early, but maybe strange things occasionally happen...

Stop I can only take so much common sense in one day.

As with all Primaris releases some will never be happy unless they too fall to the black rage.

52 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Just like Azrael, a good Primaris-fying of a classic model that keeps the original's pose and style while integrating modern Primaris sensibilities.

And also Calgar.

But in my opinion that do not make these models better. With the primaris Calgar model I already thought that punching the sky like the classic model did not work; on the old model one could get away with a wargaming miniature version of milking the giant cow, but with the increased details and realism of the new model it looked goofy. Azrael was less bad in that regard, but recreating the cliché 'stab the sky' pose made it look uninspired and boring.

Dante is the worst of the bunch; it looks like GW wanted to use his classic pose in a dynamic situation (landing from a jump, I reckon) and the two just do not work together.

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

And also Calgar.

But in my opinion that do not make these models better. With the primaris Calgar model I already thought that punching the sky like the classic model did not work; on the old model one could get away with a wargaming miniature version of milking the giant cow, but with the increased details and realism of the new model it looked goofy. Azrael was less bad in that regard, but recreating the cliché 'stab the sky' pose made it look uninspired and boring.

Dante is the worst of the bunch; it looks like GW wanted to use his classic pose in a dynamic situation (landing from a jump, I reckon) and the two just do not work together.

to me, the pose is excellent, but it shows that it’s in the eye of the beholder

I'm hoping the old Dante head doesn't look too small when put on this one because I definitely think that swap will happen, I also plan to swap out the base. I'm ok with the pose, but I think that it would have benefited from having not a pointy tactical rock, but maybe a tactical brick instead so that his leap to the side doesn't look as weird like he climbed on the top of the pointy rock and jumped, but just side stepped and hit the jump pack