3 hours ago, phandaal said:

They do get taller in the lore, even if they become Primaris by crossing the Rubicon. There is a story about the Wolfspear in that Successors book, and they get visited by two Space Wolves, one who crossed and one who did not. The one who did cross the Rubicon is the same height as the Wolfspear Primaris Marines.

The problem with this is it contradicts earlier lore that older aspirants didn’t grow as large as younger people who underwent the procedures to become a space marine before they had fully matured. It was logical and it put limits on transhumanist technology. 
It can be argued it’s a different process etc but that just comes across as more ‘wow cawl magic’ hand waving. The whole thing is just silly on top of silly. Yes 40K is silly but people like consistency. Particularly when they never had to address the scale changes in universe to begin with. 

And yes, that helmet is atrocious. Maybe they need more oversight in the design room, I don’t understand how anyone can greenlight something so awkward looking. Otherwise decent model the armour is beautiful. 

For those who don’t like the new primaris jump packs GW still sell standard jump packs in sets of 5, it might be a good idea to stock up. 
Like all of the MK X stuff it lacks the anachronistic elements I love to see in Imperial technology, it looks way too well designed and practical for me to believe it as Imperium designed. I want ‘metal bawkses’ style space marines. Give me neo-industrial harsh edges and exposed gaps every day over the clean and functional primaris designs. 

It looks like 80% the same model upscaled, with a terrible helmet, stormcast legs and awkward pose.  I don't know, I'm not impressed.  Considering I can buy a :cuss:load of cooler Infinity models for the price of one upscaled Dante it is a hard pass for me.

Edited by appiah4

Loooovely!

On a side note.....GW are now going to be doing Identification Parades using the hands of all staff to track down this leaker!  Those look male to me.  Next we need software that will scan the length of the phalanges.   Let the true witch hunt begin!

26 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

It looks like 80% the same model upscaled, with a terrible helmet, stormcast legs and awkward pose.  I don't know, I'm not impressed.  Considering I can buy a :cuss:load of cooler Infinity models for the price of one upscaled Dante it is a hard pass for me.

Interesting, I also play Infinity and find it neither cheaper nor better value than GW and that's taking absurd single character pricing into account. 

Since this is a thread about Dante, I'll say I think it's a great update. 

Here is what I think: Perhaps you don't like this model very much. Perfectly fine.

That being said, this model is clearly superior to the original 2nd edition sculpt, even if some bits of it could have been done differently. Only a very subjective bias would lead you to think otherwise - Show them side by side to a person not in the hobby and you'll get your answer.

So overall, the tabletop has just become a more aesthetically pleasing place with this new Dante replacing the old, even if you don't particularly like the new model.

PS: Infinity is not cheaper than 40k. Neither is Xwing, but I haven't played that in years...

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removed non-constructive OT

Also glad they didn't give him big wings but he still has presence.

1 hour ago, beefeb said:

Loooovely!

On a side note.....GW are now going to be doing Identification Parades using the hands of all staff to track down this leaker!  Those look male to me.  Next we need software that will scan the length of the phalanges.   Let the true witch hunt begin!

Nothing so sinister. Warehouse error sent someone new Dante accidentally when they ordered old Dante.

I wonder how much goodwill the leaker could have earned themselves from GW if they'd just given it back (or at least hidden it?) Might have earned themselves a whole army or something... :laugh:

Just now, Lysimachus said:

I wonder how much goodwill the leaker could have earned themselves from GW if they'd just given it back (or at least hidden it?) Might have earned themselves a whole army or something... :laugh:

Now THIS is an interesting point. He could contact them directly and state what has happened. I wonder if they would have tried to offer something for the person not to reveal it.

If the story is true and it really was a shipping error then they can't ask for the model back or stop the individual from talking about it, but an agreement that benefitted both might have been possible.