4 hours ago, Wispy said:

Also glad they didn't give him big wings but he still has presence.

Nothing so sinister. Warehouse error sent someone new Dante accidentally when they ordered old Dante.

OK.  But to be honest, the sceptic in me highly doubts this is the case, Ive been in a similar area in the past, and these sorts of things wouldnt even be kept in the same area.   Pluys who would be buying the old Dante currently, when everywhere online says theres a new model coming.....I cry falsehood on that presented story....but its only my suspicious mind :-)

That's the best part of opinions; everyone's got one and they're often different than your own.

Pretty happy with this model.  The helmet isn't perfect, but I think the rest of it is pretty dang awesome.  Better than my Tolmeron-kitbashed-into-Dante that I've been rocking for 3 years now.

Edited by DemonGSides

I agree the head is pretty bad, unfortunately. As others have pointed out, the mask just seems a bit small on that head. A bare head would work, but not feel quite right in this case where the death mask is so iconic.

If you blank out the head (I put my thumb on the screen but higher-tech options exist) it's a great model.

Edited by Mandragola

6 minutes ago, beefeb said:

OK.  But to be honest, the sceptic in me highly doubts this is the case, Ive been in a similar area in the past, and these sorts of things wouldnt even be kept in the same area.   Pluys who would be buying the old Dante currently, when everywhere online says theres a new model coming.....I cry falsehood on that presented story....but its only my suspicious mind :-)

Imagine how much of the old Dante stock they could shift if people were ordering it in the hopes of getting the new Dante :D. That's not a serious theory, I don't think even GW would be mad enough to try that as a sales tactic.

As an aside, I might well order one of the old sculpts before they disappear. I've become quite enamoured with the idea of mounting old sculpts on columns, giving them a very light coating of texture spray then painting the whole thing up as a stone or bronze statue. Great for narratives of Astartes heroes returning to worlds they once liberated to defend them again.

Edited by Toxichobbit

Here's an idea, what about trimming the mask off the helmet, and adding it back on to a bare-headed Blood Angel head? Maybe a few GS pipes to tie it into the tech gubbins...

I like the model, and am totally getting it for my BAs. I could kinda see where people were slightly questioning the mask, based on the original shots from last night and the one pic of the box, but I think the release video really shows it off well, with those low angle close up and rotating shots. I’m totally happy with it. Can’t wait to hear the lore around what bought him to the Rubicon! What an exciting week this has turned out to be!

11 minutes ago, beefeb said:

Plus who would be buying the old Dante currently, when everywhere online says theres a new model coming.....

I think quite a few people like to buy older sculpts before they disappear completely (from GW at least), for collections rather than actual gaming.

2 minutes ago, Arkangilos said:

Watching the video on the article changed my mind, and I agree with you. 

Same here, getting closer view and view from more angles it looks good, I do think they could have made it larger as primarch heads are larger, so it’s pretty weird that apparently sanguinius head shrunk when he died…

but actually the execution is pretty good, it looks like a fully working helmet with an ornate mold on it xx which is exactly what it always was. The old model didn’t look like there was room for a head inside it.

6 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Here's an idea, what about trimming the mask off the helmet, and adding it back on to a bare-headed Blood Angel head? Maybe a few GS pipes to tie it into the tech gubbins...

I think for me, all it needs is just the ridge around the mask trimming down and some putty to continue the mask into the back of the helmet, so it looks like it's all part of one helmet rather than two separate pieces stuck together. And I bet most people wouldn't even notice that it was converted that way. I don't mind the primaris ear pieces on the helmet, just that the mask looks glued on rather than a part of the helmet.

Edited by Toxichobbit

39 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I feel bad for the underpaid video editor, artists and social media servitors that put together a cool hype building video that would've been played on stream, only for it to be ruined by robit packers :laugh:

Honestly, this probably generated more hype on its own than it would have as part of a bunch of other reveals.

I think there were probably a fair number of people more excited for the rumoured Dante than the rumoured lion, myself included.

that trailer also likely confirms no new sanguinary guard any time soon, which is a shame, but not a surprise.

39 minutes ago, beefeb said:

Yeah I dont believe that story either. Unreleased not even revealed products wouldnt be in the same warehouse shelves as product thats being shipped 

26 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Same here, getting closer view and view from more angles it looks good, I do think they could have made it larger as primarch heads are larger, so it’s pretty weird that apparently sanguinius head shrunk when he died…

Primarch heads are larger but is even a Primarch's head going to be the size of a Primaris helmet? Having it mounted on the helmet looks pretty good to me but I realise this one is probably going to come down to personal taste.

The stuff could well be in the warehouse, but you'd think they picking system would use part numbers or codes for items, and not 'Dante' so there's no way this should have happened really

Could be true, but it would be more convincing if he ordered something else other than old Dante, and it was just a random mispick via code.

5 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah I dont believe that story either. Unreleased not even revealed products wouldnt be in the same warehouse shelves as product thats being shipped 

It's happened before when someone ordered Maloghurst and got the unannounced Sons of Horus Praetor.

3 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Primarch heads are larger but is even a Primarch's head going to be the size of a Primaris helmet? Having it mounted on the helmet looks pretty good to me but I realise this one is probably going to come down to personal taste.

Yeah I think it looks good honestly, but, compare to primarch model heads and it seems too small

2 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It's happened before when someone ordered Maloghurst and got the unannounced Sons of Horus Praetor.

I can accept a simple mistake on occasion but holding unreleased product in the same facility as mass produced shipping ready product is kinda like 'fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'.

Plus if this was also totally a random accident why didnt this person show off the rules during the live stream? I would think anyone would be crazy excited to have this kind of accident happen to them....unless of course he isnt supposed to be released for several more months along side a new rule book

4 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

The stuff could well be in the warehouse, but you'd think they picking system would use part numbers or codes for items, and not 'Dante' so there's no way this should have happened really

Could be true, but it would be more convincing if he ordered something else other than old Dante, and it was just a random mispick via code.

Keep in mind that GW's warehouse system, by their own frequent admission, is barely functional.

Someone probably stuck a "New Dante" box with the "Old Dante" boxes, and it got picked up by mistake to fill this guy's order.

He could be lying also. However, it would be a pretty pointless lie. GW would only have to look at their recipient list for promotional models, and he would be toast.