Armies on Parade. Blood Angels of the Andromache Sector

Go to solution Solved by Firedrake Cordova,

Im really happy to have found an acceptably priced imperial space marine recently. I’m going to paint him in camo to pay homage to rogue trader blood angels. I’ve also made a start on sketching out some terrain shapes and height differences on the display board 

2B6F5CC5-B9D9-44DA-AD0E-94B2D2B73EBE.jpeg

14 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice use of the Space Hulk Librarian :smile: 

The space hulk minis are the only ones in my army that haven’t been converted at all. They’re absolutely superb models. At some stage I’ll pick up the new big ones and carve all the gubbins off the old ones for them.

I like the Easter egg that this librarian is mephiston Before he became mephiston

12 hours ago, Armchair Warlord said:

Absolutely loveing the style and your conversion work. Especially the breadth of bits used and the flavour of the paint work

Thanks very much. I've been in and out of the hobby for almost thirty years now, so have amassed a pretty big bits box. It was a lot of fun going through it and picking up new kits here and there to use the old bits with to make new scale space marines. I'm particularly pleased with how the death guard bits came out to make larger scale mk3 marines. I've also really enjoyed using fantasy helmets, i think they really add some savagery to the army. 

The paint scheme came about a bit by chance, after I moved countries and didn't have any hobby paints and had to use oils. Over time, as I got some acrylics, I was able to adapt it. 

6 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

It's going to be very impressive once it's finished!

Thanks! I certainly hope so. Honestly o wish GW still made their plastic game boards, as this has been a nightmare to make. Each step i take seems to melt some part of the previous, I probably have some nurgle mechanicus disease from plaster particles, it’s cost a fortune in time, but it looks :cuss:ing sweet with the army on it 

• 2 weeks later...