55 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

The new warriors are very new, so probably not

If by very new you mean about a decade old, then yes. I recall they came out 2014 at the latest, probably 2010/2011 with the 5th ed book? There are older models out there, but newer models have also seen redesigns and re-releases in less time. 

40 minutes ago, Brother Paint said:

Is it me, or have they slightly changed the colours on leviathan ‘nids ? It looks more Gal vorkbak/ baraknar burgundy on the carapace than the old nagarroth! And also black claws not red.

could be my eyes though 

There are definitely some minor differences.

I really like a lot about this model. I do agree about the wing placement being a bit weird though. I do really like that they aren't spread like most models with wings are. I need to hurry up and pick a paint scheme!

In the trailer, I was thinking this new unit was much bigger than it really is.

The model is cool, the pose can be interpreted as it just killed its prey and it's locking the next one.

But it is a bit wonky as a pose, mainly for the big wings at its sides.

So, they hide the Screamer Killer for warhammer fest uh? Well played GW, well played.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by Alby the Slayer

6 minutes ago, Xenith said:

If by very new you mean about a decade old, then yes. I recall they came out 2014 at the latest, probably 2010/2011 with the 5th ed book? There are older models out there, but newer models have also seen redesigns and re-releases in less time. 

It was 2014 with the 6th Edition Codex, alongside the Hive Crone/Harpy, Haruspex/Exocrine and Tyrant Guard/Hive Guard kits.

24 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

No they don’t. 

The Intercessor kit doesn’t look old just because the Bladeguard look different.

(Because apparently we need to explain our confused reactions now:facepalm: )

The tyranid warriors kit clearly looks dated next to the new winged prime: the detailing is far softer, the general design is messy, and the posing is both bland and annoying to build.

Edit:

20 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:      I don’t like ‘Prime’ as a name. And in this case Alpha Shrike was right there!       Current Warrior kit is great IMO.  [Click and drag to move]  

Here I am laughing because Zoatibix made a joke and I found it funny. Therefore, I wanted to let him know that his joke didn't fall on deaf ears and that it amused me

Edit2:

Sorry about the previous quote malfunctioning - the software is still not functioning well enough on mobile for me to copy and paste a quote into a different post.

My thoughts on the model: I like it on the whole. I find it logical that the wings should be the "middle" limbs as that would be closer to the centre of gravity, and also allow for a clearer field of movement for the claws when attacking. I do think it would have made for a more impressive model if it had been modelled in flight with some kinds of talons, but I also get how it would be more annoying to transport, and some people would inevitably have been disappointed by the choice of attachment to the base (whether flying stand, rocks/trees, or dying opponent). Still, hope it gets my tyranid playing buddy excited for the new releases :)

Edited by Doctor Perils

The pose looks really awkward and i'm not keen on the wings either. While I still like the model as a whole, it gives me old daemon prince kit vibes...

Edit: I think it might also be the paintscheme and photo angle that might make the pose look weird, here is hoping it's the case :) 

Edited by potatocrusader
extra thought

6 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

The tyranid warriors kit clearly looks dated next to the new winged prime: the detailing is far softer, the general design is messy, and the posing is both bland and annoying to build.

I think there's also a noticeable proportional difference - the winged prime looks to me like it has a smaller head than the warrior, although that could just be the angle.

Its really reminding me of the spacemarine 2 video. Is that how warriors are going?

Also i dont mind the wings. I dont imaginevreposing them to the other pose will be too hard. Least its easy to move through terrain 

Screenshot_20230424_151857_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

I like the wing posing for troops, but for an HQ character it seems off. I'd be worried about this guy being indistinguishable from Shrikes if we got them too.

16 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

My thoughts exactly. It looks like those and I have no idea why they would make this mistake again.

99120207033_FleshEaterCryptFlayers01.jpg

Leave my cannibal bois alone

42 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

No they don’t. 

The Intercessor kit doesn’t look old just because the Bladeguard look different.

No but old Terminators do compared to the new ones. The Warriors are as old as the kits that seem to be getting replacements so don't be surprised if Warriors do too. They had a good run and aren't as menacing as they used to be especially considering the many 3-d printable versions on offer.