The pose is great.  The criticism that the wings should be where the top arms are is just a bunch of non-bug lovers misunderstanding the point of Tyranids.  They aren't creature from our galaxy!  Of course they're :cuss:ing weird!  Lower wing arms is way cooler than "Well this is just a mini-bug version of Angron."

Makes me want to disassemble my Hive Tyrant and move the wings down to the middle of his body; definitely gonna look way goofier than this if I do, but I really dig that weird aesthetic choice.

I think the weirdness is perfect, and the pose is awesome; stalking hunter that's just finished a kill and looking for more victims, mid twist to find it's next prey.  Very dynamic, very cool.

8 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Not a pose I would have selected, but I'm almost certain it'll have ball joint sockets to angle the wing freely. Especially since there are no membranes connecting the wings and the torso.

Highly unlikely, given that this will be in the 10th edition starter. 

4 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

I'll probably swap the wings between it and the Flyrant. I've got two Flyrants to build anyway :D

I think Flyrant wings will look comically large on the Prime. 

19 minutes ago, Arbedark said:

Highly unlikely, given that this will be in the 10th edition starter. 

I think Flyrant wings will look comically large on the Prime. 

Agreed, this will be a etb with pegs, not saying there won't be a way to convert, but it might not be easy (if I'm wrong, I'll look forward to seeing what people do with it).

I wonder which starter box he'll be locked to.

15 minutes ago, GenerationTerrorist said:

Shame that they didn't show us any of his rules, really.

Would be great if he has the stats to "back up" what he does in the trailer; ripping a Terminator in half after taking an assault cannon to the chest.

All their weapons are [Anti-Terminator 2+]

2 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

That'd go about as well as sticking this guy's wings on a gargoyle?

That's it then, I'm sticking Flyrant wings on a gargoyle. You can't stop me :D

Also, gargoyle wings on a Flyrant, obviously. Tiny t-rex wings.

Do we know how big this dude is? I can't determine what size base that's on.

My brain wants him big enough to look similar to the 10th edition promotion video, but that might not be practical of course.

I wonder if this will lead the way to plastic Shrikes, I'm not a nid player but have been reading through old codices lately, was kinda surprised to see Shrikes had a now-defunct FW cast and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

Do we know how big this dude is? I can't determine what size base that's on.

My brain wants him big enough to look similar to the 10th edition promotion video, but that might not be practical of course.

At a guess, that’s a dreadnought size base

5 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Not a pose I would have selected, but I'm almost certain it'll have ball joint sockets to angle the wing freely. Especially since there are no membranes connecting the wings and the torso.

It will. It's the HQ and likely set up to be sold seperately and even if it's assembly design is layed out Starter style it will be a simple matter of cutting a peg or a bar or something and given the angle of the wings the likely hood of them being connected together or fused to the torso is pretty much zero.

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

At a guess, that’s a dreadnought size base

Centurion sized base so almost. I imagine he's not too much bigger than a regular warrior. 10-15% size increase.

Think it comes down to most GW stuff is anthropomorphic, so it is a lot easier to wrap your head around where limbs should be and how they should look. Not the case for this guy, and friends of course.

Maybe you just need to move the wings back so model feels more three dimensional and people wouldn't be iffy on it.

9 hours ago, GenerationTerrorist said:

Shame that they didn't show us any of his rules, really.

Would be great if he has the stats to "back up" what he does in the trailer; ripping a Terminator in half after taking an assault cannon to the chest.

Since they showed the terminator librarians the day after his model was shown, we might see it today

Ah so if he's about Tyranid Warrior plus 10/15%, he's fairly big enough to actually be bigger than the Terminators enough actually rip one in half.

The Prime in my head does need to be the alpha warrior. Bigger a little to justify the better stats.

56 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Ah so if he's about Tyranid Warrior plus 10/15%, he's fairly big enough to actually be bigger than the Terminators enough actually rip one in half.

The Prime in my head does need to be the alpha warrior. Bigger a little to justify the better stats.

I can't help but wonder if the on foot Prime parts in the kit become either a squad leader or cosmetic following this thing, the gap seems a bit big and it's begging for a multipart with options.

7 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

It will. It's the HQ and likely set up to be sold seperately and even if it's assembly design is layed out Starter style it will be a simple matter of cutting a peg or a bar or something and given the angle of the wings the likely hood of them being connected together or fused to the torso is pretty much zero.

Centurion sized base so almost. I imagine he's not too much bigger than a regular warrior. 10-15% size increase.

I wouldn't be too sure on that first bit. The primaris Captain and lieutenant never got their own releases and the same goes for their Necron counterparts. They were box locked to the various starters with only the royal warden and lieutenant getting a 2nd life through Imperium magazine.

Now, the biggest difference I can see is that obviously you could get different lieutenant and captains on their own, and the same for the Overlord (the Royal warden was the only one that was a completely new HQ choice in Indomitus, the rest was different wargear choices). However that doesn't mean we should think that this guy as is will be available separately.

What I can see happening is GW releasing a multi kit version that allows the creation of an on foot Prime or winged one, which will likely result in a different pose. Leaving this one box locked.

We may get a glimpse of GWs intent with the nid refresh on Saturday as no doubt they'll be offering up some information about what's coming post launch.