Space Marine Index

2 minutes ago, EmpiricalReed said:

Am I missing something or does the datasheet for the Bike Squad list a bunch of weapon options in the wargear (like Meltagun) that aren't listed in the ranged weapons on the front of the datasheet?

image.thumb.png.9521b4f781f5f8b1eacdb2699922e4ec.png

image.png.9c05d48a41e114b374877323034f3aac.png

Most Firstborn stuff has a armoury like old editions, they can take everything basically. 

1 minute ago, Bradeh said:

Most Firstborn stuff has a armoury like old editions, they can take everything basically. 

I get that I think, but I thought that a model's weapons were to be on the datasheet. So if I add two meltaguns to my bikers, what weapon profile am I supposed to use? (Because the a generic meltagun entry isn't listed in the Armoury card either)

On the one hand this seems mostly pretty good! Nice to see that the line between real Marines Firstborn and Primaris has been blurred enough that one can easily run mixed forces and be no worse off for it.

On the other hand there's still some major silliness with datasheet loadouts, as GW struggles fiercely to remove any possibility of someone running a model that isn't stock, and Primaris STILL being forbade from traveling in Rhinos is just stupid. Especially given that in most other respects they've removed a lot of that nonsense. Let them in already!

One slight bonus is that, with the grav-tanks no longer having the FLY keyword (or indeed any rules separating them from regular tanks), I can see either conversions to make them into proper tracked vehicles or alternative models that have the same armaments but otherwise look more like proper Marine tanks being viable. I won't lie I kinda want to make a printable Impulsor counts-as that's effectively a larger Rhino with some extra weapons.

Edited by Evil Eye
Brain ceased to work and forgot how formatting is done. Time to be sent for recycling at the corpse starch plant I fear...

12 minutes ago, Large and Moving Torb said:

And am I reading the the Tac squad unit composition right? It has to be a 10-man squad?

That's correct, it also means they can't fit in Razorbacks unfortunately. It doesn't look like a typo as the weapons options don't specify the need for X amount of models before being able to take Special/Heavy Weapons

Is that ancient in terminator armour a new model?

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 14.43.55.png

I also noticed that the Primaris Company Champion is no longer in Legends and has a data card.

Edited by Burni

so primaris captain actually still can't have a plasma pistol and power weapon, despite the model :P hopefully thats in legends at least

goodness me, refuse to yield halving damage dealt to gravis captains is surprising. T6 W6 3+ 4++ and halving damage is... durable.

interesting that phobos captain can lead scouts... wonder if that means new scout models coming ;)

regular captains and primaris captains being identical outside of options and units they can lead is actually a surprise.

terrible photoshop work on the captain on bike :P

reivers still kinda suck (indicated by the reiver lieutenant)

love shoot and fade on the phobos lieutenant

i like the librarians and their abilities.

chaplains rules are cool, litanies of hate is going to be very very good this edition, spiritual leader will be great late game.

intercessors seem good, assault intercessors look like they'll be fairly decent at taking objectives

heavy intercessors are TANKY vs small arms

Infiltrators are basically unchanged, i like that they get heavy so are accurate whe not moving though

Incursors give marines marker lights :D :P

tactical squads base ability is amazing, but does mean intercessors are better at objective game.

scouts rule is fun!

primars champion is in there, and look quite good.

apothecaries got FAR worse, heals 1 model from his unit, cant heal characters. kinda sucks considering nids insane regen powers

ancients are iffy, but alright

bladeguard are alright, decidedly un-tanky compared to some other things, but I like their special rule

im sad they didn't make a primaris command squad, considering the components to do so exist.

vanguard got worse by a country mile.

take it back, riever squads flat out forcing battleshock checks EVER FIGHT PHASE

aggressors are alright

terminator assault squad looks good

1 minute ago, Blindhamster said:

so primaris captain actually still can't have a plasma pistol and power weapon, despite the model :P hopefully thats in legends at least

goodness me, refuse to yield halving damage dealt to gravis captains is surprising. T6 W6 3+ 4++ and halving damage is... durable.

interesting that phobos captain can lead scouts... wonder if that means new scout models coming ;)

regular captains and primaris captains being identical outside of options and units they can lead is actually a surprise.

terrible photoshop work on the captain on bike :P

reivers still kinda suck (indicated by the reiver lieutenant)

love shoot and fade on the phobos lieutenant

i like the librarians and their abilities.

chaplains rules are cool, litanies of hate is going to be very very good this edition, spiritual leader will be great late game.

intercessors seem good, assault intercessors look like they'll be fairly decent at taking objectives

heavy intercessors are TANKY vs small arms

Infiltrators are basically unchanged, i like that they get heavy so are accurate whe not moving though

Incursors give marines marker lights :D :P

tactical squads base ability is amazing, but does mean intercessors are better at objective game.

scouts rule is fun!

primars champion is in there, and look quite good.

apothecaries got FAR worse, heals 1 model from his unit, cant heal characters. kinda sucks considering nids insane regen powers

ancients are iffy, but alright

bladeguard are alright, decidedly un-tanky compared to some other things, but I like their special rule

im sad they didn't make a primaris command squad, considering the components to do so exist.

vanguard got worse by a country mile.

take it back, riever squads flat out forcing battleshock checks EVER FIGHT PHASE

aggressors are alright

terminator assault squad looks good

Yeah, having Reivers in enemies lines being supported will cause havoc. 

29 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I wonder if the inclusion of Legends units in the Index is to encourage more people to use Legends? If they're in their own PDF, they're less likely to be seen or used?

which legends units?

So now an entire Hellblaster squad can take Plasma Pistols in place of their Bolt Pistols.

You just need to buy five boxes in order to equip a single squad that way, and they'll ALL be augmetic left arms. No, you CAN'T equip them with your leftover Plasma Pistol bits from the Assault Intercessor kit as those are RIGHT arms and all Plasma Incinerator options require use of the right arm.

Edited by Lord Nord
(Five, not ten. Forgot about the repeated sprues).

Just now, Lord Nord said:

So now an entire Hellblaster squad can take Plasma Pistols in place of their Bolt Pistols.

You just need to buy ten boxes in order to equip a single squad that way, and they'll ALL be augmetic left arms. No, you CAN'T equip them with your leftover Plasma Pistol bits from the Assault Intercessor kit as those are RIGHT arms and all Plasma Incinerator options require use of the right arm.

Or - and hear me out on this one - you slap the holstered pistols in that kit onto your minis and call it a job done.

3 minutes ago, Dagoth Ur said:

Or - and hear me out on this one - you slap the holstered pistols in that kit onto your minis and call it a job done.

I'm not that sloppy. No way a Plasma Pistol fits into a standard Bolt Pistol holster.

Edited by Lord Nord

Just now, Lord Nord said:

I'm not that sloppy. No way a Plasma Pistol fits into those holsters.

I mean I dunno, patterns such as the one found in the new beakie box would easily fit in with room to spare. But you do you, I guess.

1 hour ago, Shield-Captain said:

Little confused because I didn’t look at the Tyranid n ethe other day, but I’m assuming that there were no points costs in that index either? 

Points aren't being released until after the indexes (indices?) all drop, the points come out 2 days before Leviathan iirc?

Double checked - rumoured date for points dropping is June 16th (7 days and counting :) )

Edited by Starlight_Wolf

1 minute ago, Blindhamster said:

Nothing indicates that in the PDF?

Nothing indicates it here but a lot of the Firstborn characters are currently in Legends, Relic Termies and Contemptors are going to Legends too. My assumption is they'll release a list of units that are in Legends and are in this Index to be used for the rest of the edition.

If it's in the Index, I suppose more poeple are likely to use it. Perhaps it's a step in the right direction to try to get more people to use them IMO