Space Marine Index

26 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Nothing indicates it here but a lot of the Firstborn characters are currently in Legends, Relic Termies and Contemptors are going to Legends too. My assumption is they'll release a list of units that are in Legends and are in this Index to be used for the rest of the edition.

If it's in the Index, I suppose more poeple are likely to use it. Perhaps it's a step in the right direction to try to get more people to use them IMO

relic terminators were not confirmed anywherre as going to legends, contemptors with HH options may go to legends, looks like the other kind may not.

2 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Am I missing something anyone see the Bladeguard captain & lieutenant? Or are they just considered part of the Bladeguard squad now somehow?

Their options are on the Primaris Captain and Primaris Lieutenant datasheets, just as they were in 9th.

Edited by Lord Nord

22 minutes ago, LostTemplar said:

Dreadnoughts are still there.

I find it wierd that captains can now have bolt pistol, power fist and MW bolt rifle.

And the MW bolt rifle is inferior to a regular bolt rifle.

What am I missing?

MW bolt rifle is better, it already hits on 2s because captain so heavy does absolutely nothing for it, and its damage 2, does lose assault though, which kinda sucks

2 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

relic terminators were not confirmed anywherre as going to legends, contemptors with HH options may go to legends, looks like the other kind may not.

It's conflicting at the moment, we were told in that article that the old Dread is being discontinued and GW does, 'no model, no rules' atleast for non-legends stuff. 

dc.jpg.a0bda76873b5642dfd007e27257ac42b.jpg

2 minutes ago, OrkPlayer137 said:

Just noticed boltguns - no longer rapid fire, just flat 2 shots. Did we already know that?

Yes, from chaos IIRC. It's implementing bolter discipline into the profile pretty much. Non-marine bolters are still rapid fire 1 like Sororitas IIRC.

53 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Ooo Devastator squad with grav cannons in a drop pod is back - anti-vehicle 2+ with 3 shots D3 looks really strong, shame about only -1 AP but poor AP is across the board it seems.

I’m loading mine in a razorback. Planning on putting some hellblasters in an impulsor and will play a machanized list for a bit. Backed up by a whirlwind. Should be fun!

56 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Nothing indicates it here but a lot of the Firstborn characters are currently in Legends, Relic Termies and Contemptors are going to Legends too. My assumption is they'll release a list of units that are in Legends and are in this Index to be used for the rest of the edition.

If it's in the Index, I suppose more poeple are likely to use it. Perhaps it's a step in the right direction to try to get more people to use them IMO

I think they kept the relic terminators and relic contemptor from the previous codex simply out of inertia. The new contemptor kit is legends, the old one is not.

Iron Father Feirros misses out on having other models in his squad unlike the other characters because he's not a Captain etc.. his keyword is Iron Father which isn't mentioned on the Leader exception rules... Kayvan etc are all marked as Chapter Master or Captain keywords..

Hope that one gets FAQed because its a bit odd

1 minute ago, Paradogmatic said:

Iron Father Feirros misses out on having other models in his squad unlike the other characters because he's not a Captain etc.. his keyword is Iron Father which isn't mentioned on the Leader exception rules... Kayvan etc are all marked as Chapter Master or Captain keywords..

Hope that one gets FAQed because its a bit odd

Given that he gives his unit a 5+++, I'm not sure that's an error...

Just now, Ammonius said:

Am I reading it right that Drop Pods can carry Phobos and Tacticus Marines?

image.png.23c87a8f78cbcbf2cb2c891006e88802.png

Yes

‐--‐--------------

While I'm mostly ambivilent about the weapon condenscing, I have to admit that Assault Squads having more weapon options than Vanguard Vets feels backwards. Probably to do with Wargear prices being eliminated wherever possible, but you'd think they'd have at least done a heavy/light weapon split like on the basic Heretic Astartes.

The Tactical unit comp change is really obnoxious. I have a small Dark Angels army with a Razorback and was planning on adding another with a five-man Tac squad. I guess that is going to have to be a second Devastator squad now, just with bolters so I can take my second RB. :cuss:

Edited by Large and Moving Torb